Why convert it at all. I just emailed apk's not requiring GPS from my Android device to my Z10. If the app required no change by the developer then they would probably been ok. The fly in the ointment might have been the incredibly stupid decision to go with a 1:1 screen on the PKB devices.
    One of the big reasons devs did not BlackBerry's using their android apps was most apps did not run well in the android run time and the BlackBerry users would write 1 star reviews in the Amazon App Store.So more and BlackBerrys where black listed from the apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    DrBoomBotz and cribble2k like this.
    11-21-16 08:06 PM
    Hopefully, BBW Android would have been curated for BB10 device acceptance. Also screen ratio was a big problem.
    11-21-16 08:40 PM
    I've seen apps that worked perfectly on one edition, then stopped working with an update (where the update log didn't mention introducing any new dependencies on Google Services, or any features that might be inferred to use them; for example, a banking app, which I don't want Google going anywhere near).

What Google are doing is very similar to what Microsoft did to corner the PC market, and they need to get treated the same way that Microsoft did. Unfortunately Google have put a lot of cash into a lot of important places and are probably quite secure against any repercussions.
    In the apps we work on we add new functionalities all the time that are dependent on Google play services and we never mentioned Google play services in the official changelog.

Why? Simple. It's because we put our app in Google Play Store, meaning anyone who officially installs the app from there is guaranteed to also have Google play services installed. That is also the only way we actually test our Android app; downloading the apk from unofficial sources or through snap (which is against Google's ToS) will never be supported.

At one time some of the apps we worked on were also in the Amazon Android Market, but the download numbers were just too low to justify further development.
    11-22-16 03:56 AM
    One of the big reasons devs did not BlackBerry's using their android apps was most apps did not run well in the android run time and the BlackBerry users would write 1 star reviews in the Amazon App Store.So more and BlackBerrys where black listed from the apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Developers were not asked about this deal between Amazon and Blackberry, so of course some apps did not work properly.

Some developers just thought that the effort of fixing the issues for BB10 Android runtime was not worth their time and money (just as it was not worth it to port their Android apks to bar format). All appstores actually have the possibility for developers to blacklist certain class of devices from using their app for whatever reason and there is nothing BB or Amazon can do about it.
    11-22-16 04:01 AM
    Serious Android users ... do not come on CB. I tried Nova. No big deal if you ask me.
    I agree, only one I can use is Lucid Launcher Pro even Regular Lucid Launcher as sort of reminded me of BB10 a Tad however I can not say why, maybe the browser being a "swipe" away always or the app icons a "swipe" away as well as a few other things. Lucid Launcher is great for droid imo however I obviously still prefer and use BB10 for my "phone"... heck, I still have my BlackBerry Playbook, wish Kodi would run on it so I could put it to good use.

BTW: I know allot of folks think I am nuts but they put allot of money into trying to make blackberry world work and it does in some aspects I say why not make a Cascades Runtime for android-blackberry and add blackberry world as a second choice store on their phones out of the box as some them native BB10 apps are incredible imo! Why not try to cash in on past partial failures or keep it going however you'd like to look at it. However, not sure how much this would cost but beings they own QNX, I would think not so much?...!.....

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 04:40 PM
    But they didn't. BlackBerry World fully supported Android apps.
    Beat me to it..

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 04:42 PM
    Beat me to it..

Posted via CB10
    Could you go on BBW and download the same apk that you could download and install via Snap ( as it was then).
    11-22-16 05:29 PM
    Could you go on BBW and download the same apk that you could download and install via Snap ( as it was then).
    That's only because the developer was completely uninterested in supporting another platform. The apk/bar business is a red herring.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    11-22-16 05:48 PM
    I agree, only one I can use is Lucid Launcher Pro even Regular Lucid Launcher as sort of reminded me of BB10 a Tad however I can not say why, maybe the browser being a "swipe" away always or the app icons a "swipe" away as well as a few other things. Lucid Launcher is great for droid imo however I obviously still prefer and use BB10 for my "phone"... heck, I still have my BlackBerry Playbook, wish Kodi would run on it so I could put it to good use.

BTW: I know allot of folks think I am nuts but they put allot of money into trying to make blackberry world work and it does in some aspects I say why not make a Cascades Runtime for android-blackberry and add blackberry world as a second choice store on their phones out of the box as some them native BB10 apps are incredible imo! Why not try to cash in on past partial failures or keep it going however you'd like to look at it. However, not sure how much this would cost but beings they own QNX, I would think not so much?...!.....

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tip . I tried it but for what ever reason the swipe was not very responsive on my phone.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    11-22-16 06:12 PM
    That's only because the developer was completely uninterested in supporting another platform. The apk/bar business is a red herring.
    I think that we can agree that Potential BlackBerry consumers were looking for the same app store experience as Samsung or Apple offered. Only the hard core CB types were wanting "native" apps. A separate Android BBW might have been OK back in Jan 2013. I agree though that the wheels might have fallen off the cart in 2015 because of not having GPS.

Love to see more BlackBerry designed devices running Android. Not particularly interested in rebranded phones.
    11-22-16 06:38 PM
    Thanks for the tip . I tried it but for what ever reason the swipe was not very responsive on my phone.
    That stinks, I wonder why - Lucid Launcher is very responsive on my rooted samsung galaxy 3 - 10.1 tablet which is rooted with CM mod and running the last marshmallow. 6.1.x. It only has a gig of ram and a dual 1.86.. processor with two more virtual processors of the same, the first - x86 tab.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 06:40 PM
    I think that we can agree that Potential BlackBerry consumers were looking for the same app store experience as Samsung or Apple offered. Only the hard core CB types were wanting "native" apps. A separate Android BBW might have been OK back in Jan 2013. I agree though that the wheels might have fallen off the cart in 2015 because of not having GPS.

Love to see more BlackBerry designed devices running Android. Not particularly interested in rebranded phones.
    I still don't understand.

Decorating BBW to show native and Android apps in a separate listing does not do anything to convince Android developers to support another platform.

DTEK60 / Z30
    11-22-16 06:49 PM
    A separation of true Android apps from native or those other half baked conversions would have assisted BlackBerry in marketing their devices as a hybrid. Ultimately, they might have met the same fate as Amazon anyway. There is no getting around the essential fact that BB10 was doomed.
    11-23-16 12:17 PM
63 123