Government users have NOW decided that Android is leggy and does NOT work well in fact they are moving to. IOS. BlackBerry 10 is NOT dated and is still the most advanced OS out there, many years after it has been launched. If you wish to argue that the hardware is dated, perhaps, the BlackBerry Passport however quickly diminishes that argument, as it's a piece of futuristic equipment that no other has been able to replicate.

Posted via CB10
    A piece of futuristic equipment? Does it teleport?
    07-21-16 05:31 PM
    A piece of futuristic equipment? Does it teleport?
    Soon....

Posted via CB10
    BrianCledwyn and JeepBB like this.
    07-21-16 05:58 PM
    Soon....

Posted via CB10
    I'm in!
    07-21-16 05:58 PM
    Here comes Alcatel...
    I really really want one of the press to have one of the one Alcatel phones so they can stand up at the press event (if they invite the press on the 29th) and say

"wait a minute, you've just take this phone and put a BBRY logo on the back".
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-22-16 01:26 AM
    Interesting that he said BlackBerry-hardened Android Nougat will completely close the security gap with BB10, and this will be accomplished in the next 6 to 8 months.
    Yep - which means (to me) that very secure users (eg government departments) will no longer need to run BBOS/BB10...
    Government users have NOW decided that Android is leggy and does NOT work well in fact they are moving to. IOS. BlackBerry 10 is NOT dated and is still the most advanced OS out there, many years after it has been launched. If you wish to argue that the hardware is dated, perhaps, the BlackBerry Passport however quickly diminishes that argument, as it's a piece of futuristic equipment that no other has been able to replicate.
    Posted via CB10
    Hi crackbryy fan - I wonder if you didn't get what I was trying to say - apologies that I wasn't clear enough.

Many governments (and other high security groups of users) still use BlackBerry devices as part of their mobile-messaging-ecosystem because only BlackBerry handsets pass their security standards AND work with the rest of their secure mobile-messaging-ecosystem (eg security standards such as FIPS 140-2 in the US: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIPS_140-2, or the Nato equivalent, or the UK Government equivalent, etc, etc - fully integrated with BES).

If BlackBerry-hardened Android Nougat can get the same level of security sign-offs as BBOS/BB10, AND also work with the rest of a secure mobile-messaging-ecosystem (eg BES), then I believe that these secure user groups (eg government departments) will move to this BlackBerry-hardened Android Nougat instead of having to continue to use BBOS/BB10.

These secure user groups (eg government departments) that I talk to are currently worried (and have been for a quite a few years now) that if BlackBerry fails to continue to manufacture handsets that pass the highest security standards, then these users will eventually run out of BB10/BBOS handsets.... For example, there are still an awful lot of BBOS handsets in use in UK Government departments...

Hope that makes slightly more sense.
    07-22-16 01:36 AM
    Hi crackbryy fan - I wonder if you didn't get what I was trying to say - apologies that I wasn't clear enough.

Many governments (and other high security groups of users) still use BlackBerry devices as part of their mobile-messaging-ecosystem because only BlackBerry handsets pass their security standards AND work with the rest of their secure mobile-messaging-ecosystem (eg security standards such as FIPS 140-2 in the US: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIPS_140-2, or the Nato equivalent, or the UK Government equivalent, etc, etc - fully integrated with BES).

If BlackBerry-hardened Android Nougat can get the same level of security sign-offs as BBOS/BB10, AND also work with the rest of a secure mobile-messaging-ecosystem (eg BES), then I believe that these secure user groups (eg government departments) will move to this BlackBerry-hardened Android Nougat instead of having to continue to use BBOS/BB10.

These secure user groups (eg government departments) that I talk to are currently worried (and have been for a quite a few years now) that if BlackBerry fails to continue to manufacture handsets that pass the highest security standards, then these users will eventually run out of BB10/BBOS handsets.... For example, there are still an awful lot of BBOS handsets in use in UK Government departments...

Hope that makes slightly more sense.
    Oh I am aware of this and the fear of BlackBerry's shaky future regarding their handset business. In my organization we are also testing IOS for a while now. Android isn't suitable for our purposes and we don't believe that it would ever be hardened enough given the foundation that it's built upon.

IOS maybe the only alternative at this point but we are holding fast to the BlackBerry devices that we currently deploy .

I am also aware that BBOS is still the preferred device in use by many Governmental organizations. My hope is that BlackBerry eventually get their act together and realize that if they are to succeed in a "niche "market that they need to continue with BlackBerry 10. The Android foray maybe good for mass consumer appeal but simply won't work for the level of security required by some of its Governmental and Corporate clients.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 02:10 AM
31 12