I decided to try my luck at loading Android Apps on my Z10. I read an article online that all you have to do is download
    (as one option) the Amazon Store. So I did, apk installed great and I loaded Pandora and Yelp. Everything was working great until I turned the device off and it never turned on again. Would load to 100% and never get past. I reset it, battery pulled, tried blackberry link to no avail.

I am sharing this for 2 reasons - prevent it from maybe happening to you and when forced to use another platform while my Z10 is being delivered - I realized how much I miss the way BB10 handles communications from the HUB to the UI to
    feeling platform agnostic. Feels like my device. Can't wait to get back on BB10 tomorrow night.
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    06-02-14 11:45 PM
    That's odd. 50% of my apps are Android apps, and they all work great.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    06-03-14 04:41 AM
    I call that more like a defective device than saying that is android that screw up your blackberry, because android app can't change anything on blackberry os (well except maybe contact and stuff that is stored on your sd) but saying that an android app made blackberry os not working, it's impossible (android app are limited with what they can access or do in the blackberry os). It's like saying you got hired to babysit a dog and you keep the dog in your bathroom, but then the dryer stopped working (which is located in the basement), so it have to be because of the dog...
    06-03-14 04:51 AM
    I decided to try my luck at loading Android Apps on my Z10. I read an article online that all you have to do is download
    (as one option) the Amazon Store. So I did, apk installed great and I loaded Pandora and Yelp. Everything was working great until I turned the device off and it never turned on again. Would load to 100% and never get past. I reset it, battery pulled, tried blackberry link to no avail.

I am sharing this for 2 reasons - prevent it from maybe happening to you and when forced to use another platform while my Z10 is being delivered - I realized how much I miss the way BB10 handles communications from the HUB to the UI to
    feeling platform agnostic. Feels like my device. Can't wait to get back on BB10 tomorrow night.
    Bbry Did say It is Not for people It is actually meant for developers only

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-03-14 04:51 AM
    I have yelp on my z10 via Amazon app store, no problem at all. Running a bit lag.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 05:40 AM
    I've deleted mine because I got bored of them.

Z10 on Telus
    06-03-14 05:53 AM

Did you try turning it on without the SIM and/or SD card? You might have to use an Autoloader or BlackBerry Link to Reload the Device software. How long did you wait for it to boot up? Maybe you have to wait a while longer.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 07:11 AM
    Android apps cannot do hardware damage. If only the OS is broken (and your opinion is that Android apps are at fault) - just use BlackBerry Link to reload the OS. This will install onto your device a fresh copy of the latest OS available for your carrier.

If it doesn't work it means you have a hardware problem.

--------------------

Easy Expense Monitor for BB10 and PlayBook
    06-03-14 07:18 AM
    DC z
    S
    Android killed my Z10 & missing my Blackberry-img_20141206_170451.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 03:42 PM
    You very fortunate it can still load to 100%. This means phone us still usable, autoload, you shall be good

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 03:47 PM

Wow, that's never happened to me and I have a lot of Android apps on my Z10. I do notice that at times my phone reboots itself all by itself. Don't like that. But never had the problem you're experiencing. Could something else have caused the issue?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 04:15 PM
    Curious, if you can't reload the OS using Link, why not download an autoloader and try putting on a leak. If that doesn't work, I would guess you've got something wrong with your phone and it's probably not app related.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 04:53 PM