So, I just added active sync to my iPhone to see how well integration is with outlook, iOS is freaking horrible for business productivity. I picked up bb10, it's beautiful how well bberry integrates with outlook, how can any self respecting business person use that toy OS. Note for entertainment I say iOS still ahead of berry.

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    04-01-13 01:17 PM
    Can you be more descriptive? What makes BB10 better for EAS than iPhone?

That is information that can be helpful to people wanting to know..
    04-01-13 01:30 PM
    I think what's better for business depends on who is running the business. You say BB is better. My IS manager would disagree.
    04-01-13 02:01 PM
    The interface for calender and notification of messages. For example, I'm informed of pending meetings in hub as well as the lock screen. You have to open the calendar app on the iPhone, also the calendar app of iPhone I isn't nearly as polished as bberry which is nearly a clone of outlook.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 03:26 PM
    The interface for calender and notification of messages. For example, I'm informed of pending meetings in hub as well as the lock screen. You have to open the calendar app on the iPhone, also the calendar app of iPhone I isn't nearly as polished as bberry which is nearly a clone of outlook.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, whenever I try to use my moms/friends iphones, i'm really surprised how bad the iOS calendar looks. Is it the same as in 2008?
    04-01-13 05:13 PM
    So, I just added active sync to my iPhone to see how well integration is with outlook, iOS is freaking horrible for business productivity. I picked up bb10, it's beautiful how well bberry integrates with outlook, how can any self respecting business person use that toy OS. Note for entertainment I say iOS still ahead of berry.

Posted via CB10
    Huh, I don't have an issue syncing my calendar, contacts, and email with outlook.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 05:18 PM
    04-01-13 07:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Different story in the real world
    iOS Dominates Enterprise Mobility Market With 77% of Device Activations - Mac Rumors
    04-01-13 10:36 PM
    Because you dominate does not mean you have a better product, if your phone is only business productivity, I can't see using iPhone for it, BlackBerry is much better. I suspect many use it for personal and business. I have both iPhone and z10, again, for my personal line the iPhone prior to z10 coming out made sense. But I'd never use iPhone for business, calender, wtc... the whole outlook experience simply aux by comparison, I own both phones so u think I can speak on this.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 11:41 PM
    Well, obviously if 77% of new device activations for businesses were iphones, and over 90% of Fortune500 companies either use iPads or are testing them, then businesses seem to have the opposite opinion of what makes a good business device,

It would actually seem as if yournopinionnouts you in the minority...

And no, domination doesn't mean you have a better product. But the businesses who LET them dominate obviously seem to think they do...
    04-02-13 06:58 AM
    Who would use an outdated phone like iphone and have the worry of getting hacked into. The trend is now iphone getting dumped for th z10 look at dragons den Kevin who dropped his iphones. Word is getting out if you want the best you go with the z10.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    04-02-13 07:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Why do some even post?
    04-02-13 08:18 AM
    Because you dominate does not mean you have a better product, if your phone is only business productivity, I can't see using iPhone for it, BlackBerry is much better. I suspect many use it for personal and business. I have both iPhone and z10, again, for my personal line the iPhone prior to z10 coming out made sense. But I'd never use iPhone for business, calender, wtc... the whole outlook experience simply aux by comparison, I own both phones so u think I can speak on this.

Posted via CB10
    What color is the sky through your BlackBerry glasses?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 08:20 AM
    Who would use an outdated phone like iphone and have the worry of getting hacked into. The trend is now iphone getting dumped for th z10 look at dragons den Kevin who dropped his iphones. Word is getting out if you want the best you go with the z10.

Posted via CB10
    Show me some charts of this trend so I can take them to traders and show them BlackBerry as a sell is wrong. The irony here is that the people screaming most that iPhones are toys and blackberry rules for a professional device also seem to not even be able to make clear sense of reality. That's the real trend. Delusion. That being said, I much prefer the z10 to ios for "Getting stuff Done" but I don't think my opinion is a trend yet.
    04-02-13 11:00 AM
    If all you want is a Phone, Email and Calendar than a BB may be the best for you.

But if you want a mobile platform that will allow you to do a lot more... BB is FAR behind what Android and iOS are capable of doing. Now give BB10 a year and that might total change. But BB10 and the Z10 by themselves is not going to do it, it will take developers that are creating many industry specific apps taking the time to "port" their apps over to BB10 and being willing to support the platform.
    04-02-13 11:10 AM
    If all you want is a Phone, Email and Calendar than a BB may be the best for you.

But if you want a mobile platform that will allow you to do a lot more... BB is FAR behind what Android and iOS are capable of doing. Now give BB10 a year and that might total change. But BB10 and the Z10 by themselves is not going to do it, it will take developers that are creating many industry specific apps taking the time to "port" their apps over to BB10 and being willing to support the platform.
    I disagree, business productivity apps are much better on bberry just look excel on z10. Seriously, I have both phones and it's a completely suck y experience for office apps, calender in comparison to BlackBerry. Do you have or use both?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 11:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    You must have notifications turned off on your iPhone or something because I get calendar and message notifications on my lock screen as well as in my notification centre. I can swipe the notification icon to go directly to the calendar appointment for more info or open the message directly.
    04-02-13 12:31 PM
    I disagree, business productivity apps are much better on bberry just look excel on z10. Seriously, I have both phones and it's a completely suck y experience for office apps, calender in comparison to BlackBerry. Do you have or use both?

Posted via CB10
    Strange, my upcoming appointments show up just fine on the lock screen and notification center. Sure you're not just making this up, right?

Also, what excel? Documents to go? It's available on ios too you know. And it's far from the best solution available.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    04-02-13 12:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have both, it's not even close when comes to productivity apps. iOS wins...

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    04-02-13 12:41 PM
    when comes to productivity apps. iOS wins...
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Op: What kind of business do you conduct?
    04-02-13 12:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    If thats your criteria then look at WP8.... We have Office mobile
    04-02-13 12:52 PM
    I think what's better for business depends on who is running the business. You say BB is better. My IS manager would disagree.
    Yeah, the same IS manager who tells me that I have to use his locked-down "standard install" on a gimpy plastic nine-pound laptop PC with Windows XP, Office 2003, Internet Explorer 6, and lots of web site filtering, no doubt. The one that takes eight minutes to complete booting due to all the "IS management software" on it.

The same IS manager who argues with you over what software you need to do your job, because Excel works just fine for descriptive multivariate statistical analysis -- Betty in accounting uses it to add up daily sales, after all.

IS management has become something of a joke in a large part of the industry because of that. :P
    04-02-13 12:55 PM
    If thats your criteria then look at WP8.... We have Office mobile
    Yeah, true. A lot of the IS guys will go for Windows Phone because of the Office integration.

BYOD was something of a revolution, and a response to the inflexible and backwards IT policies of the last 15 years. IS now has to start adapting to user needs, rather than demanding that workers exist inside of a tightly-locked policy box riddled with old software that doesn't meet the business' needs.

That said, the e-mail client on BB10 is first-rate, as is messaging in general. That's 99% of what a "work device" is used for, even today.

And iOS's email sucks, to be charitable. When I was using a work-issued 4S, the Exchange client would lock up solid and stop receiving e-mail. I'd think "that's odd, I'm not getting much e-mail," would tap "Mail," and get a locked-up white screen. A phone reboot would be required, at which point, a hundred unread emails would be there waiting for me. Greeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaat.
    04-02-13 01:01 PM
    Judging from some of the spelling errors the OP is making with his superior business phone, if I was to get business correspondence that read like those posts I wouldn't be impressed.

But hey, the calender is superior, right?

They both work well. I haven't seen anything other than the hub that is superior, they do things equally well, just in different ways.

Posted via CB10
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    04-02-13 01:24 PM
    You must have notifications turned off on your iPhone or something because I get calendar and message notifications on my lock screen as well as in my notification centre. I can swipe the notification icon to go directly to the calendar appointment for more info or open the message directly.
    I gave them on, the interface still sucks in comparison, maybe it's a matter of I'm used to bberry for my business needs. I switched to my iPhone for business because my company won't add z10 to bes yet however, they now added active sync for my iPhone, which of course I promptly to bberry, cause I phone just wasn't cutting it for me. My iphones still my entertainment center.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 05:15 PM
140 123 ...