04-22-13 11:06 AM
    Exactly! I saw this earlier today, too. Copying is the best form of flattery, right? It's annoying when people just copy ideas, but that is how innovation happens. They can copy BB if they want to, but (hopefully) BB will just one-up them again, and again, and again...
    04-22-13 03:38 PM
    Yep. My thought exactly...
    But as soon as Apple creates the same thing it will be THEM that created it. Hahha

It's sweet that this is a starting point as it is going to get much better

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:18 PM
    Ain't no HUB like a Blackberry HUB
    CDM76 and mscooley like this.
    04-22-13 10:20 PM
    Good. BlackBerry can use the the lawsuit money to make the wicked cool hub even better.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-22-13 10:43 PM
    It is only the beginning folks.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:54 PM
    Single Blogger. Misleading post. End of story.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:02 AM
    The fact that someone thought to suggest it means more than one person has thought of it. The true test will be when someone actually tries to create an Android HUB. For some reason I picture it being huge resource hog and a mess to use....

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:06 AM
    I don't think an Android Hub will work well until Google adds it to the latest version. Hub contents is a bit different than notifications (such as allowing replies or deleting without opening the app), so support by third part programs might be problematic.

Apple should be able to pull it off (I believe developers are used to quickly adapting to Apple's strange and draconian changes), but I don't know if Apple will try or not. The new iOS is supposed to be a radical upgrade to the OS, so who knows?
    04-25-13 09:55 PM
    Ain't no HUB like a Blackberry HUB
    Except for the "messages" app on BlackBerry 5 through 7? Always on, yep. Always available from anywhere, yep. Shows updates from every app you install, yep. Can exclude certain accounts, yep.

I'll agree with the blackberry part having far superior notifications, but the hub is hardly something new
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-25-13 10:41 PM
    Except for the "messages" app on BlackBerry 5 through 7? Always on, yep. Always available from anywhere, yep. Shows updates from every app you install, yep. Can exclude certain accounts, yep.

I'll agree with the blackberry part having far superior notifications, but the hub is hardly something new
    True. But it wasn't quite the same. With BB10 the Hub is built into the root of the OS. With legacy OS's the message app was just an application running on top of the OS. Altho your use may seem similar they are completely different and the Hub just works SO much better. Finally a user friendly device that is relatively intuitive.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:04 PM