Edit : Sorry, this has been posted already (but very succinctly, to say the least) here : http://forums.crackberry.com/android-f169/more-android-holes-816148/

DOD, security, whatever ... Google OS last week (06/06/13) bad beat : The most sophisticated Android Trojan - Securelist
    The file turned out to be a multi-functional Trojan, capable of the following: sending SMS to premium-rate numbers; downloading other malware programs, installing them on the infected device and/or sending them further via Bluetooth; and remotely performing commands in the console
    The creators of Backdoor.AndroidOS.Obad.a also used yet another previously unknown error in the Android operating system. By exploiting this vulnerability, malicious applications can enjoy extended Device Administrator privileges without appearing on the list of applications which have such privileges. As a result of this, it is impossible to delete the malicious program from the smartphone after it gains extended privileges.
    And even if
    Despite such impressive capabilities, Backdoor.AndroidOS.Obad.a is not very widespread. Over a 3-day observation period using Kaspersky Security Network data, Obad.a installation attempts made up no more than 0.15% of all attempts to infect mobile devices with various malware.
    we would like to add that Backdoor.AndroidOS.Obad.a looks closer to Windows malware than to other Android Trojans, in terms of its complexity and the number of unpublished vulnerabilities it exploits. This means that the complexity of Android malware programs is growing rapidly alongside their numbers.
    Security upside down ... again. Welcome to malware sharing world.

P.S: I've tried to reproduce most of the article to be fair (see the low propagation rate) with our Android friends but I believe this is an important fact, therefore I thread it. A full read of the source article is yet recommended for the full story.

Original source : Android : le cheval de Troie le plus dangereux jamais découvert - JDN Web & Tech (in French)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-10-13 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Previously posted
    06-10-13 03:18 AM
    This is sent as SMS spam.

Simply don't click on an unknown SMS.....long press and delete. Same concept as not clicking on phishing sites.

But thank you for bringing it up to others' attention.
    Superfly_FR and hpjrt like this.
    06-10-13 03:38 AM
    Unfortunately, a large proportion of people would click it. What a nightmare cleaning this up.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 04:29 AM
    Unfortunately, a large proportion of people would click it. What a nightmare cleaning this up.

Posted via CB10
    True, that.
    Fortunately secure agencies often disable SMS.
    And consumers REALLY need to educate themselves.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    06-10-13 04:40 AM
    This is sent as SMS spam.
    Simply don't click on an unknown SMS.....long press and delete. Same concept as not clicking on phishing sites.
    But thank you for bringing it up to others' attention.
    and/or sending them further via Bluetooth
    Sure, but once it's on a single device ... then it can spread via BT and send infected file to your (innocent) device (? presumingly while sharing something else, not spontaneously tough ?). Or I may have read it incorrectly ?

This is what I believe new and decided me to go in a dedicated thread to discuss about it; both spreading and installation mechanisms seem new in mobile world. I've been fighting against these in PC environments for over xx (censored lol) years ... If this is verified, we're about to see serious blood baths, IMHO. This particular malware only rings the start of the fight. Others, probably much more aggressive and sophisticated will come. Soon. #Freaky.
    jasonvan9 likes this.
    06-10-13 05:05 AM