I am very seriously considering moving back to BlackBerry after having given up on my 9700 back when the Nexus One came out. I am concerned about some of the things I may end up missing in the switch.

Is there a good Google Voice application for BlackBerry? I use my Google Voice number for almost all non-personal calls so this is something I don't want to give up.

What navigation options are there on the BlackBerry? I have grown accustomed to Google Maps navigation but would I have to switch to Telenav? Is that still available?

How is the battery life of the 9900? Honestly. I have been impressed with the Sensation's battery life, especially being that it is an Android phone, and apparently there is some concern with that of the new BB 9900.

Is there a Google+ application for BlackBerry that works well?

I can come up with more annoying questions for you if you'd like!
    08-22-11 08:07 PM
    Off hand: GV is available. Make sure you don't let it make calls. I'm not sure if there's a callback program, but there might be one since leaving BB last year

TeleNav would be your best bet for turn by turn, right now

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-22-11 08:21 PM
    I currently have the Storm 2, soon to be replaced by the 9930, and use the following apps:

Google voice .... as per yourself use it as a second line
    Blackberry Trafic - Driving directions, can also use Bing maps

I am on Verizon and aslo have Skype.

I'd be interested to hear if Google Voice and Skype port over to BB7 / 9900.

I am not too worried about the references to battery life. I have my PlayBook charger which can top up the phone very fast, have a car charger and carry a spare battery
    08-22-11 08:27 PM
    Google Voice works on Blackberry. To use it first go to you contacts, then use the menu and you will see a new option "Call Using Google Voice". Select that and before the call is placed a voice will come on and tell you the cost of the call.
    08-22-11 08:41 PM
    Google Voice is installed by default on my Curve 8530, and i use MapQuest Mobile (free) for my nav, i preferred it to Google Maps which came with my iPhone, Google Maps was nice but it was too basic for me.

Unlike iPhone or Android GPS, the one in the BB seems to depend also on the normal mobile network coverage too. if for any reason i drive into a dead zone the Navigation app complains and you lose your position and map screen even after it has downloaded any maps in your travel route. i found that out since using MQ the first time today which forced me to use the normal direction readout w/o maps

EDIT: My Android got around ~8 hours of battery life running the screen and playing music all day long, which was on par with my iPhone 3GS (albeit the iPhone had the screen off) but my BB blows them both away. same conditions as the iPhone (screen off, music playing off an SD Card) i have more than 3/4 battery after 8 hours of continuous playback. i am impressed i have never had a phone of any kind or any era with such amazing battery life
    Last edited by nickdalzell1; 08-22-11 at 08:55 PM.
    08-22-11 08:51 PM
    No Google+ for BB yet.

TeleNav is good, but is subscription based... not free as it is for Sprint users.
    08-22-11 08:51 PM
    I am getting phenomenal battery life on my 9930. Easily 2 days and probably could make 2.5 days if I needed to. I do not do a lot of voice calls though. Mostly all emails/texts and web browsing.
    08-22-11 09:14 PM
    no google+

nothing as good as google maps that is free.
    08-22-11 09:20 PM
    I agree for free Google maps is great! Turn by turn with voice and IMO visually pleasing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 09:50 PM
    Thank you for your responses. I really do appreciate it.

What I have gathered thus far is that Google Voice works, Telenav is my nav option, no Google+ yet, but nothing conclusive on battery though the signs are positive.

Off hand: GV is available. Make sure you don't let it make calls. I'm not sure if there's a callback program, but there might be one since leaving BB last year

TeleNav would be your best bet for turn by turn, right now

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Why might you suggest that I don't let it make calls?
    08-23-11 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD