Most tech sites, eh?

Can you even cite 3 legitimate sites?
    Ummm... is BGR one of them?
    09-21-17 03:09 PM
    I can name a few...

IPhone Life, 9to5Mac, MacRumors...

09-21-17 03:19 PM
    [citation needed]
    He could probable find several... I know for a fact SnapChat is better on iOS. And there are plenty of articles out there about the difference in the quality of apps between the two platforms. Even saw one where Google had some of their own apps that worked better on iOS.

Now how many of those citations are current, and how many are from iOS loving and Android hating sites.... I don't know. But there is no lack of "citations" out there.
    09-21-17 03:19 PM
    Wow. This is a surprisingly sensitive topic for this board. When did y’all become android defenders? I’ll see what I can find. You could also try more operating systems and decide for yourself.
    09-21-17 03:21 PM
    Wow. This is a surprisingly sensitive topic for this board. When did y’all become android defenders? I’ll see what I can find. You could also try more operating systems and decide for yourself.
    I have.

I'm sure many prefer some to others - that's how the world works.

But you launched this by saying "it is well known", and "most tech sites". I'm not sure what reaction you were expecting to generate.

And really, don't bother looking. If you come up with one, someone can else will come up with another.
    09-21-17 03:26 PM
    I have.

I'm sure many prefer some to others - that's how the world works.

But you launched this by saying "it is well known", and "most tech sites". I'm not sure what reaction you were expecting to generate.

And really, don't bother looking. If you come up with one, someone can else will come up with another.
    Sometimes I forget what a sensitive forum crackberry is. I see that now extends to android. Good to know. If you feel android apps are the best then enjoy. As someone who has used all the platforms I think it’s pretty obvious. And as was pointed out above it isn’t an uncommon conclusion in the tech world. It just is what it is. Android has its own advantages. Better apps is not one of them.
    09-21-17 03:33 PM
    Sometimes I forget what a sensitive forum crackberry is. I see that now extends to android. Good to know. If you feel android apps are the best then enjoy. As someone who has used all the platforms I think it’s pretty obvious. And as was pointed out above it isn’t an uncommon conclusion in the tech world. It just is what it is. Android has its own advantages. Better apps is not one of them.
    I'm not sure you even read my post.

I'm taking the "to each his own" position, and you are the "I have my opinion and most others agree" stance - and not expecting a critical response.

I'm not sure who is more sensitive.

Anyway, no biggie. Cheers.
    09-21-17 03:38 PM
    As a user of blackberry os, blackberry 10, android, web os and iOS it has been my experience. It has also been my experience that most tech sites recognize the quality of iOS apps to be better than their android counterparts. I owned the nexus 4, nexus 5, nexus 6, nexus 6p and one plus 3t. The apps were ok but more prone to crashing, freezing and less polished than their iOS counterparts. Even the google suite of apps are more polished on iOS.
    I have used BlackBerry, as well as Android. I also have an iPad Pro and MacBook Pro. I do not see anything superior in ios apps. Frankly, I've not seen any tech sites that say ios apps are better than android apps. Maybe some have, but I've never seen one.
    09-21-17 03:47 PM
    I have used BlackBerry, as well as Android. I also have an iPad Pro and MacBook Pro. I do not see anything superior in ios apps. Frankly, I've not seen any tech sites that say ios apps are better than android apps. Maybe some have, but I've never seen one.
    LMGTFY
    09-22-17 03:12 PM
    Yep. Won’t go over well though. Don’t know why.
    09-22-17 05:56 PM
    Actually, I did as you seemingly suggested. There were quite a few sites that suggest that apps on iOS are better than on Android. Developers appear to prefer writing apps for iOS rather than Android for a couple of reasons. For example, one developer said that the iOS operating system didn't require as many updates as all the different Android systems, such as Jellybean, Marshmallow, etc. Also, many developers said that they make more money from iOS users than Android. So, it appears that Grover5 is not off the mark.
    09-24-17 10:13 AM
    Android OS still isn't based in efficiency. Still too new and who knows when a break through like BB10 could take over. In fact google should have got behind BB10 and forced the world to transition to it from android. With the run time, it could have been painless over a year. But the US government could never get behind such a thing that made technical sense. Google missed the good. Never mind the continued churning of more dollars and cents a transition would have created. A better product was presented and denied because evil won the battle. Plain and simple. Imo.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    09-26-17 09:12 AM
    Android OS still isn't based in efficiency. Still too new and who knows when a break through like BB10 could take over. In fact google should have got behind BB10 and forced the world to transition to it from android. With the run time, it could have been painless over a year. But the US government could never get behind such a thing that made technical sense. Google missed the good. Never mind the continued churning of more dollars and cents a transition would have created. A better product was presented and denied because evil won the battle. Plain and simple. Imo.

What in the world would the government have to do with it?

Android won the war organically and fairly. There was no conspiracy. Just let it go.

Plus, "efficiency" and "productivity" are relative terms, and mainly come down to personal choice. In 10 minutes, I can get far more done on Android than I ever could on BB10 - so how does that speak to productivity?
    09-26-17 10:22 AM

Sorry but a "beta" product with almost no ecosystem of it's own was presented to compete against two mature products with ecosystems. Plain and simple.... too little, too late.

Not sure why you think Google need BB10? BB10 is just an OS that had a gesture based interface... if Google wanted that or even Security, they didn't need BlackBerry for either.
    09-26-17 11:41 AM
    BlackBerry told Verizon not to develop 4G. V went to Google. that simple.
    09-26-17 02:09 PM
90 ... 234