The last time I force-closed an app on my Nexus 4 was back in July, about 8 months ago. It's VERY rare for me.

Also, $2.99 will get you SwiftKey, which is what the BB10 keyboard is built on top of, and licensed from.
    My keyboard of choice, extraordinarily functional and adaptable. Not the BB virtual keyboard, but real good.
    02-24-14 11:22 PM
    Never did get why someone has to repost the whole OP, just to post a sentence
    It's a bad habit like your bad spelling and grammar.
    02-24-14 11:55 PM
    as most said, fair and informational write-up... I learned a few things about Android..

one question I have though, what in THE WORLD were you doing that your battery only lasted 6 hours? streaming or playing games for a majority of the time is the only way you could kill a healthy battery that fast... either that, or u had a defective one... my batt lasts all day easily...
    I'm a fairly heavy user

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-25-14 12:22 AM
    Happy its your perspective OP....on the other hand there are those who see it the other way Z10 or Z30 being the better choice.....would hope if it is written it is also taken as fair assessment?
    i don't see why not. The key is to give both platforms a fair chance rather then immediately dismiss one as it isn't your favoured brand.

TgeekB and pankaler like this.
    02-25-14 12:25 AM
    How many times a day do you have to force close apps? The keyboard on android blows as well.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Z10 Official 10.2.1
    only once. I downloaded an app on recommendation from these forums and it was a bad one. Other then that android manages apps too well. I had an issue where BBM would be closed off if not used. That has been solved now

02-25-14 12:29 AM
    I do still miss the unified inbox at times, though, on Android, the notification system somewhat makes it easier to deal with.
    I just discovered I could drag down my email notification to read it without going into the app!

02-25-14 12:30 AM
    It's a bad habit like your bad spelling and grammar.
    . Didn't get the meaning of that reply either allthough I am from Denmark admited
    02-25-14 10:13 AM
    @Phoneaddict78 I get the feeling you hold a grudge towards negative inversion.: Go Englishing Grammar: 16 Negative Inversion (never did I) or any kind of critique for that matter
    02-25-14 10:40 AM
    I'm a fairly heavy user

I'm with u. Z10 battery life really isn't all that good. 6 hours is the norm for me and I mostly just browse the web, bbm, or am on crackberry

Just want to say that was a fantastic comparison....I really looked forward to it once I saw it was you who was comparing the devices am cause u are a more unbiased person on crackberry.

Most people here I wouldn't think twice about even attempting to read a "honest" comparison from them. Good job again

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 11:55 AM
    I'm with u. Z10 battery life really isn't all that good. 6 hours is the norm for me and I mostly just browse the web, bbm, or am on crackberry

Just want to say that was a fantastic comparison....I really looked forward to it once I saw it was you who was comparing the devices am cause u are a more unbiased person on crackberry.

Most people here I wouldn't think twice about even attempting to read a "honest" comparison from them. Good job again

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the praise! You are someone who i consider to be unbiased here so I really appreciate what you have to say.

I still have my z10 and hope to do another comparison once 10.3 is released!

Rello likes this.
    02-25-14 01:58 PM
    My keyboard of choice, extraordinarily functional and adaptable. Not the BB virtual keyboard, but real good.
    Swiftkey works perfectly well, I agree. I haven't forced closed an app on my N5.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-25-14 04:16 PM
    Swiftkey works perfectly well, I agree. I haven't forced closed an app on my N5.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I'm trying TouchPal which is similar to the blackberry keyboard. Nowhere near as accurate but it reminds me of home

02-25-14 04:35 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Swiftkey is quite nice...though on top of it, I still prefer the BB keyboard. It really is very nice.

Only ever had to force an app closed twice on the S4 since getting it in July.

I've had to force-close quite a few apps on my Z10 but those have all (barring one) been headless Android apps - the native one being the headless SayIt app that was messing with my system.

I enjoyed the relatively impartial analysis of the phones, DarkHawke.

I actually want to commend you on getting the use or irony correct in an earlier post - most people muck it up.
    darkehawke likes this.
    02-25-14 04:43 PM
    I had a lot of Android experiences and I know that the feeling about it change as time goes on.

In a few months your Android will slow down significantly and it will be not as smooth as today. Also: Android is always different on grafic, UI and other things, as you switch to another device. I prefer a more consistent OS.

On the other hand I feel blas� about an OS that has 80% of the smartphone market now, even in the low cost market of 90$ smartphones: I dare to be different.
    02-25-14 05:28 PM
    I had a lot of Android experiences and I know that the feeling about it change as time goes on.

In a few months your Android will slow down significantly and it will be not as smooth as today. Also: Android is always different on grafic, UI and other things, as you switch to another device. I prefer a more consistent OS.

On the other hand I feel blas� about an OS that has 80% of the smartphone market now, even in the low cost market of 90$ smartphones: I dare to be different.
    That has not been the case for most of my friends who use android. But they have more powerful phones so we will see.
    The second point is one that amuses me. If blackberry becomes number 1 doe that mean you will drop them?

Rello, pankaler and Berry_Pink like this.
    02-25-14 06:39 PM
    Swiftkey is quite nice...though on top of it, I still prefer the BB keyboard. It really is very nice.

Only ever had to force an app closed twice on the S4 since getting it in July.

I've had to force-close quite a few apps on my Z10 but those have all (barring one) been headless Android apps - the native one being the headless SayIt app that was messing with my system.

I enjoyed the relatively impartial analysis of the phones, DarkHawke.

I actually want to commend you on getting the use or irony correct in an earlier post - most people muck it up.
    Thanks
    Interesting point you make about sayit. That app caused me a bit of trouble too.
    Google maps was a problem on the z10 too. However I find that Android is really efficient in handling it's headless apps. It's nowhere near the problem it was on the blackberry.
    Something blackberry may want to consider when updating the runtime

02-25-14 06:44 PM
    Android phones could have slowdowns with time at an earlier point in time. This was however fixed in 4.3 when Google added TRIM support.

http://www.examiner.com/article/andr...over-time-woes

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
    bekkay and Pete The Penguin like this.
    02-25-14 10:50 PM
    That has not been the case for most of my friends who use android. But they have more powerful phones so we will see.
    The second point is one that amuses me. If blackberry becomes number 1 doe that mean you will drop them?

For point 1: Android slows down, thats why it needs the most powerful processors: when CPU's were not as fast, phones did have more problems than the old OS 7.

For point 2: I am one of the first BB users, nearly from the beginning, so my heart lies here. BB was never the biggest one, cause Nokia was number one at the time. Anyway maybe, if it changes the vision and becomes like Apple here in Italy, I will switch to another platform easily...
    02-26-14 12:03 PM
    For point 1: Android slows down, thats why it needs the most powerful processors: when CPU's were not as fast, phones did have more problems than the old OS 7.

For point 2: I am one of the first BB users, nearly from the beginning, so my heart lies here. BB was never the biggest one, cause Nokia was number one at the time. Anyway maybe, if it changes the vision and becomes like Apple here in Italy, I will switch to another platform easily...
    Like I said point 1 remains to be seen. The moto x doesn't have the greatest specs.

02-26-14 12:20 PM
    I'd just like to get Android 4.4.2 on my T-Mo GS4. I'm not feeling 4.3, which is less stable for me than 4.2 was.

But based on 4.3, I'd say the OP's comparison was balanced and fair.
    02-26-14 01:50 PM
    Well I've heard Google added an ART runtime to 4.4 to make Android smoother so it's possible that it doesn't need the extra processing power to run smoothly.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 01:59 PM
    Android phones could have slowdowns with time at an earlier point in time. This was however fixed in 4.3 when Google added TRIM support.

Android 4.3 adds TRIM support, alleviating Nexus 7 slowdown-over-time woes - National Technology | Examiner.com
    I have a GS3 with stock 4.3, and there is very noticeable slowing down. For example, when I take a screenshot, it takes a second for the image to be ready for processing (main thing I do is menu>crop, and it's not through a third party app) when previously on 4.2.2 and before, it used to come up and be ready instantaneously. Calls logs (through the native dialer) also have a horrible display time, ever since I got the phone, and 4.3 has done nothing towards fixing that.

Unless by "Android phones" you meant Nexus phones only, which is a very narrow definition of Android some people like to selectively use around here, often just to deflect criticism of the platform.
    Cyanide971 likes this.
    02-26-14 02:09 PM
    Well I've heard Google added an ART runtime to 4.4 to make Android smoother so it's possible that it doesn't need the extra processing power to run smoothly.

Posted via CB10
    ART is a developers option so still has some rough edges, it is faster than Davlik however some apps do not play well with it. Will probably go into the next OS version after Lollipop sometime in 2015.
    02-26-14 04:49 PM
    I have a GS3 with stock 4.3, and there is very noticeable slowing down. For example, when I take a screenshot, it takes a second for the image to be ready for processing (main thing I do is menu>crop, and it's not through a third party app) when previously on 4.2.2 and before, it used to come up and be ready instantaneously. Calls logs (through the native dialer) also have a horrible display time, ever since I got the phone, and 4.3 has done nothing towards fixing that.

Unless by "Android phones" you meant Nexus phones only, which is a very narrow definition of Android some people like to selectively use around here, often just to deflect criticism of the platform.
    Samsung software isn't exactly known for being optimized. They manage to break what Google fixes. Touchwiz takes a big hit on the Android experience I'm afraid. Too much bloat. The call log is a known issue on Samsung phones.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 04:56 PM

Before 4.3, most slow downs were due to TRIM support not being enabled for garbage collection.

On my Galaxy Nexus, once I installed 4.3, most of the lag was gone. Now I have a ROM based on AOSP 4.4 and all lag has been eliminated.

Why? Because TRIM is enabled.
    02-26-14 08:27 PM
146 ... 23456