Ok so I broke my BlackBerry z10 by dropping it on its screen, so as a result I decided to try a nexus 5 as a replacement device. I figured that the best Android as to offer should be more than enough for me. Here are some observations I've made.

1. The gestures. One thing I thought that I didn't care to much about were the gestures, I figured I could do without, but I was wrong. Even though android has gestures, they could not come close to how comfortable the gestures are on BB10. I found myself swiping a lot in places that I couldn't but just felt natural coming from BB10.

2. Email. Emails are important to me because I'm in college and I have be able to get my emails from my professors about assignments. Even though my Gmail was Ok, my actual school email address gave me a lot of problems. I had to download a third party email app that only let me put in 2 email addresses which left my third one out to dry. My BlackBerry does an excellent job of having the emails as soon as they are sent out.

3. The Hub. I found myself missing the hub a lot, and really noticed how effect it is. I hated going from place to place to get my notifications.

4. I like Google services. They are extremely helpful considering that there aren't many things that the phone can do without apps.

5. Calculator. I know it's simple and I could download an app for it but the native calculator on BB10 is amazing and very much used in my case. The calculator on Android is dull and just a 4 function calculator.

6. Stability. BB10 although young is extremely stable. I found that with the latest version of kit kat I had frequently crashes and restarts. I would prefer the young OS any day

7. And finally the keyboard. I missed the keyboard, it is fast and very smart with its predictions. I like swype on Android but it feels to childish.

Just some thoughts, I like android but it's nothing compared to BB10. Nothing biased, well I tried not to be.

Posted via CB10
    ami.one, KDB84 and Mr.Monty like this.
    03-11-14 08:55 PM
    Try a Z30 and you would never look back.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 08:59 PM
    Agree on the android comparison. I had similar experience. I'm back to my Z10 and I ain't letting it go unless for a Z30. Even tried a iPhone 5S and got bored. Just doesn't flow and not productive at all. It's just a phone with apps. And yes calculator is awesome on BB10. It's a joke in iPhone, for kids I suppose.

Posted via my BATBerry Z10
    daithiD likes this.
    03-11-14 09:02 PM
    Try a Z30 and you would never look back.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on t mobile, I can't I want one though

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:03 PM
    This is my experience with Android as well, though I'm keeping my Kindle because I like the hardware and ecosystem. I don't personally get appeal of Android ... find the UI really, really uneloquent compared to the other three OSes. The apps are a plus, but against iOS, I still find them second rate ... especially on a tablet. The price is good but I wouldn't go out of my way to get an Android device if my phone died tomorrow. My favorite aspect is the Google services but sadly the Kindle is cut off of many of them.
    03-11-14 09:06 PM
    Cool. Yeah BlackBerry 10 is pretty comfortable once one is used to it. Lots to like. So you are returning to BB? At some point?
    03-11-14 09:09 PM
    This is my experience with Android as well, though I'm keeping my Kindle because I like the hardware and ecosystem. I don't personally get appeal of Android ... find the UI really, really uneloquent compared to the other three OSes.
    I had a RAZR Maxx running ICS that I sort of liked. Google Maps was my favorite part. And then my brother has a Note 3 that I use here and there when we are riding on trips. Again I find it ok -- but not truly compelling in some way. Nonetheless I might pick up an Android somethin' or other here at some point just to stay up on things tech-wise. But my next phone will likely be whatever follows the Z30 -- that form factor. But only if it's not any bigger than that. Really would prefer an updated Z10 form factor to be honest.
    03-11-14 09:15 PM
    Yeah, I actually got a new z10 and I'm patiently waiting for the q20. I'm not leaving as long as bb10 continues to mature

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:16 PM
    Yeah, I actually got a new z10 and I'm patiently waiting for the q20. I'm not leaving as long as bb10 continues to mature

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the Q20 is an interesting prospect as well. I don't think it'll be enough to take me back to physical qwerty (though it is tempting). But then once the details are known I might change my mind.
    daithiD likes this.
    03-11-14 09:24 PM
    Welcome back ! I wouldn't say I knew this. It is not about loyalty to BlackBerry, it is the bb10 device and BlackBerry experience that is truly amazing!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:26 PM
    Welcome back ! I wouldn't say I knew this. It is not about loyalty to BlackBerry, it is the bb10 device and BlackBerry experience that is truly amazing!

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I was once loyal to RIM but now they have changed direction of the company (which I like as an investor), I can't see myself parting ways with bb10 it's too fluid and smart and productive. I love it!

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    03-11-14 09:31 PM
    I totally understand everything OP said. Android has its charms, but it really feels second-rate once you get used to BB10.
    03-11-14 09:55 PM
    I agree with you 100%!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-11-14 10:11 PM
    The calculator has multiple functions. You have to swipe over or place in landscape mode to the see them. Or select the three dots and select advanced panel
    daithiD likes this.
    03-11-14 10:46 PM
    The calculator has multiple functions. You have to swipe over or place in landscape mode to the see them. Or select the three dots and select advanced panel
    I like the units converter.
    03-12-14 01:25 PM
    Couldn't you just have the screen fixed or was it broken beyond repair? It could of saved you a few bucks.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 01:39 PM
    Couldn't you just have the screen fixed or was it broken beyond repair? It could of saved you a few bucks.

Posted via CB10
    I really didn't trust myself enough to fix it, but it did cross my mind. I had insurance on it, I just waited to file the claim

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 03:09 PM