Have you compared a Playbook to a Samsung or HTC Tablet for hardware. Playbook is superior quality to both in hardware. RIM makes great hardware, the software is what has been lacking.

I agree RIM makes superior hardware in the PlayBook. This probably means more to the enterprise though than your average consumer. When I look around at friends that are buying tablets, they are snapping up these cheap Android tablets in lots of cases because they want something their kids can use. Something they do not mind getting messed up as much. And the tech is changing so fast they probably are counting on replacing it within a year or whatever.

Again, it is RIM's product cycle times that puts them at a disadvantage with consumers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-04-12 10:48 PM
    I agree RIM makes superior hardware in the PlayBook. This probably means more to the enterprise though than your average consumer. When I look around at friends that are buying tablets, they are snapping up these cheap Android tablets in lots of cases because they want something their kids can use. Something they do not mind getting messed up as much. And the tech is changing so fast they probably are counting on replacing it within a year or whatever.

Again, it is RIM's product cycle times that puts them at a disadvantage with consumers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    That may change. When you buy your first tablet you may not notice differences in build quality, but when you have to live with them the way you do with a tablet (and I spend a LOT of time with mine now), you bet people start caring.
    02-04-12 10:53 PM
    New CEO, new devices around the corner, new mission statement, new attitude. Hopefully, the recent leaked pics of one of the pending BlackBerries is a good sign. But, most of us are either anticipating, speculating, criticizing, or praising RIM for their action(s) or lack thereof.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1: Last update unless app re-purchased via AppWorld
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-04-12 11:19 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD