RIM won't do that because Mike L. and Jim B. thinks you don't need all these specs. They come up with a phone and tells you this is all you'll need. Sounds familiar? Maybe they were trying to take a leaf out of SJ's book.
    01itr. I quoted myself there. For the record, this is getting very childish. If I said M&J were doing so and so, and they were trying to take a leaf out of SJ's book, does that mean SJ does the same or not? How does that imply that I said it is okay for SJ to do it? I said "so what if SJ says these?" because you threw that straw man out there and said I forgot about SJ, and I fell for it.

Anyway, if it makes you happy, you win the argument. I hope that makes you feel a little better inside.
    08-12-11 07:34 PM
    Analysts Claim Launch of BlackBerry QNX Superphones To Be Delayed
    by Ravi Mandalia
    August 8, 2011

Research in Motion won�t be launching ONX based Smartphones until late 2012, an analyst has claimed.

Jefferies and Co analyst Peter Misek said in a note to clients that the company is not expected to launch the superphones anytime soon even as RIM dished out new BlackBerry 7 OS devices.

�We continue to believe the story hinges on QNX, which we believe will be delayed to [the second half of 2012] vs. guidance of early CY12. Channel checks indicate that in spite of RIM's best efforts, QNX handsets are still likely to arrive in [the second half of 2012],� he said.

Many analysts believe that the Canadian Smartphone maker would need a lot more than new BlackBerry OS 7 devices to counter the advances made by Apple and Android at the expense of its market share.

The claim comes even before the company has announced a time-line for launching QNX based devices. RIM has been criticised by analysts for doing little to protect its market share from falling prey to Apple and Android and the disastrous launch of its PlayBook tablet PC device.

Previously a top RIM executive hinted that QNX based BlackBerry Smartphones will take 18 months to be launched, Tech Radar reports.

The delay could mean that consumers across the globe might just not wait for the QNX based smartphone and this could mean trouble for RIM.

Analysts Claim Launch of BlackBerry QNX Superphones To Be Delayed | ITProPortal.com
    A possible delay by RIM? That could not be possible, especially since so many customers are waiting. I wouldn't be surprised if they are delayed and released with buggy software. A similar occurrence with the storm.
    08-12-11 08:26 PM
    01itr. I quoted myself there. For the record, this is getting very childish. If I said M&J were doing so and so, and they were trying to take a leaf out of SJ's book, does that mean SJ does the same or not? How does that imply that I said it is okay for SJ to do it? I said "so what if SJ says these?" because you threw that straw man out there and said I forgot about SJ, and I fell for it.

Anyway, if it makes you happy, you win the argument. I hope that makes you feel a little better inside.
    Thanks, also nice straw man in your comment. As you can clearly see in my past comments, I was not saying that particular comment was the one in which you implied it is okay for SJ to do it, it was your other comment that said "So what if SJ says that" (too early to quote). Again, nice try. GG
    08-15-11 06:28 AM
    A possible delay by RIM? That could not be possible, especially since so many customers are waiting. I wouldn't be surprised if they are delayed and released with buggy software. A similar occurrence with the storm.
    I think RIM has learned with the PB, and that is evident with the latest round of device launches. They've learned not to release buggy software just to hit a deadline. I expect the QNX phones to be launched when ready, and nothing sooner.
    08-15-11 06:29 AM
    I think RIM has learned with the PB, and that is evident with the latest round of device launches. They've learned not to release buggy software just to hit a deadline. I expect the QNX phones to be launched when ready, and nothing sooner.
    Amen...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eveals-638373/
    08-15-11 09:25 AM
    So they've learned with the Playbook what they should have learned with the Storm? Gotta love RIM!
    anon3396357 likes this.
    08-15-11 09:32 AM
    I responded to your post in that thread. Basically just a blog taking things out of context and focusing on small negative parts of the otherwise positive report. Here is an article from PCWorld which used the same report.

Security Researchers Give BlackBerry PlayBook Pass Mark | PCWorld

The overall assessment, then, is that QNX is reasonably sound but also relatively immature and its coming development might introduce new issues.
    Buzz_Dengue likes this.
    08-15-11 09:49 AM
    Thanks, also nice straw man in your comment. As you can clearly see in my past comments, I was not saying that particular comment was the one in which you implied it is okay for SJ to do it, it was your other comment that said "So what if SJ says that" (too early to quote). Again, nice try. GG

You win 100 internet points! I'm proud of you.
    01itr likes this.
    08-15-11 09:08 PM
    And if RIM charges only $600 or so, then they don't make as much money per phone, and their profit goes down, making it more difficult to invest in the future, and maintain a profitable business in the longterm.
    Smartphone news: RIM gains 1m in Europe, while Nokia’s N9 gets limited release

"The average selling price for RIM phones, according to its results, dipped below $ 300 in the past quarter"
    08-15-11 10:14 PM
    Smartphone news: RIM gains 1m in Europe, while Nokia�s N9 gets limited release

"The average selling price for RIM phones, according to its results, dipped below $ 300 in the past quarter"
    Nice, I like how you only quoted part of the author's statement. Next you'll go back to talking about overweight americans again. Give it a rest bub...

The average
    selling price for RIM phones, according
    to its results, dipped below $ 300 in the
    past quarter; it�s still getting squeezed.
    But clearly, it�s pricing to expand users,
    and that is definitely succeeding.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01itr and ibigberries like this.
    08-15-11 11:29 PM
    You guys and gals crack my ish up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 02:11 AM

You win 100 internet points! I'm proud of you.
    So does this mean you agree with me?

Please try and answer without sarcasm or some witty veiled attempt at pretending to simply give up on the argument instead of admitting you are wrong:
    It's really quite childish.
    08-16-11 08:28 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD