Too little too late? Nah, RIM has survived the release delay... the mass has a short term memory loss syndrome, we already forgot the delay... I remember in summer lots of article saying RIM will "go under" "be history" "be sold off" by the end of year. I think it's now safe to say that they were wrong.

There was a prediction seems to be true though: RIM as we knew it will cease to exist. It is accurate in many levels, just that it's still uncertain for better or worse.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    10-12-12 08:10 AM
    A good rule of thumb for any tech company is that when they say "Expect (product) in Quarter (whichever) of (year)," always assume that you won't see (product) until the very last day of that quarter at the very earliest.

At this point, RIM has gone so long without a new flagship device that I'm not really sure how much difference a few more months makes. It probably depends on what happens with Windows Phone 8, which launches in a few weeks. If it turns out to be a hit (and Microsoft is sure trying), then there's even less space in the market for another OS. In the meantime, Apple will continue to sell iPhone 5's as fast as they can make them, and Samsung will sell scads of Android phones.
    10-12-12 08:19 AM
102 ... 345