Can't The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission do something with these clowns?
    Or is The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in bed with them?
    03-06-13 11:08 AM
    Ignorance is not illegal I think.
    03-06-13 02:47 PM
    Ignorance is not illegal I think.
    But spreading it should be.
    03-06-13 05:07 PM
    Lying and deceiving, with the specific intent to affect the price of a stock, is called "short and distort"

The Short And Distort: Stock Manipulation In A Bear Market
    February 26 2009| Filed Under » Bear Market, Enron, Financial Crime, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Market Manipulation, Recession, Short Selling
    A less-publicized and more-sinister version of short selling can take place on Wall Street. It's called "short and distort" (S&D).

Nothing is inherently wrong with short selling, which is permissible under the regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). However, the S&D type of short seller uses misinformation and a bear market to manipulate stocks. S&D is as illegal as the pump and dump, but is mainly used in a bear market. It is important for investors to be aware of the dangers and to know how to protect themselves.

Read more: The Short And Distort: Stock Manipulation In A Bear Market
    Last edited by mikeycollins13; 03-06-13 at 06:56 PM.
    Shanerredflag and Dapper37 like this.
    03-06-13 05:32 PM
    Give James Michener’s Alaska a read...skip the first 400 pages, (unless you like descriptive detail of
    the ice age)...kind of says how things really work.
    03-06-13 05:37 PM
    But spreading it should be.
    Unfortunately it isn't
    03-06-13 06:30 PM
    Why are we only concerned with bearish "analyses", while we don't seem to be condemning bullish ones?
    03-07-13 12:09 AM
    Why are we only concerned with bearish "analyses", while we don't seem to be condemning bullish ones?
    Because if they exist they don't really seem to say much. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
    03-07-13 12:13 AM
    Because if they exist they don't really seem to say much. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
    Please, see the forum threads discussing the positive analyst reports. There are quite a few of them. But somehow nobody says: "Can't the SEC do something with these clowns? Or is the SEC in bed with them?"
    03-07-13 01:22 AM