I understand that, but when he stated Americans, did he mean the USA. Thats all.

Posted via CB10

Yes and as for my own country, I'm from Cymru.
    10-01-13 01:39 AM
    In the US, advertising by BlackBerry is almost non existent. Apple and Android advertising is all over the airways. The biggest advertising I think BlackBerry has in the US are BlackBerry users, but that isn't going to make too much of a difference.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 03:46 AM
    A brit.
    10-01-13 08:12 AM
    That amongst other things.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    10-01-13 08:37 AM
    Not way off at all, more the cart before the horse syndrome, don't have the apps people won't upgrade can't get the apps cause people didn't upgrade to new platform. Solve this riddle and blackberry would be fine. At the end of the day any way for a company to generate revenue is a plus, not writing for whatever reason is lazy and foolish. And it's not a money waste when your already writing for android and you can pretty much take the meat and potatoes of the code and pretty up a version for blackberry. There's another reason that goes deeper than just no money to be made, that's a cop out!
    What is that reason? Why develop a custom app for BB 10 when so few people use it?
    10-01-13 09:14 AM
    Not way off at all, more the cart before the horse syndrome, don't have the apps people won't upgrade can't get the apps cause people didn't upgrade to new platform. Solve this riddle and blackberry would be fine. At the end of the day any way for a company to generate revenue is a plus, not writing for whatever reason is lazy and foolish. And it's not a money waste when your already writing for android and you can pretty much take the meat and potatoes of the code and pretty up a version for blackberry. There's another reason that goes deeper than just no money to be made, that's a cop out!
    I'm sure there are Android app developers on these forums. Maybe one of them can explain why they have chosen not to develop BB10 apps. Perhaps they will tell us why they are "lazy and foolish."

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 09:57 AM
    I'm sure there are Android app developers on these forums. Maybe one of them can explain why they have chosen not to develop BB10 apps. Perhaps they will tell us why they are "lazy and foolish."

Posted via CB10
    that would be a very honest answer.
    10-01-13 02:58 PM
    That amongst other things.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    10-01-13 03:38 PM
    Except that those were entries into a new product line for those companies. Blackberry was well established as a smartphone manufacturer by the time BB10 came out. The analogy doesn't quite hold up.

Had BlackBerry entered into smartphones after having been a services provider like Google or suddenly come into smartphones after being a computer company like Apple then the analogy would follow.

While I accept fully that BB10 needs time to mature because it is a new OS I don't accept the premise that it is in the same position as Apple and Google were when they entered the smartphones market.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Google was not taking pizza orders as its providing of services. It was/is a multi-billion dollar programming/soft. eng. powerhouse. And Google didn't technically "make/manuf." smart phones. Just the OS. You are positioning these two (appl/goog) as the little engines that could when they introduced their OS's. They were/are far from that.
    10-07-13 11:32 AM

just on a side note, I've seen more marketing for Oliver the Jeweler (Torontonians will get this one and if you don't my point has been proven) than BB10. BB's marketing sucks worse than anything.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I totally agree with you, Oooohhhhh yyyeeeaaaahhhh!

Posted from my incredible Z10
    10-07-13 01:00 PM
    Google was not taking pizza orders as its providing of services. It was/is a multi-billion dollar programming/soft. eng. powerhouse. And Google didn't technically "make/manuf." smart phones. Just the OS. You are positioning these two (appl/goog) as the little engines that could when they introduced their OS's. They were/are far from that.
    Of course Apple & Google said "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."
    If you're entering a new field that you have no experience in you are the little engine. If money was all it took Ballmer would not be getting part of bonus docked.
    10-07-13 02:49 PM
    Well, I think you're cute!

I haven't been to Oslo, Stockholm, or G�teborg since 1980.
    Thank you.
    10-07-13 06:32 PM
    thats just it the carriers say they ae getting alot of returns dont buy blackberry iphones are being returned by the bundle too just go stand in an apple store the carriers dont see that
    10-07-13 10:31 PM
    I think it's simple.

BlackBerry is the best business phone and sucks in the entertainment area.

IOS and Android are close efficiency wise or let's say good enough and totally rock the entertainment area.

Here's what I need from a business phone:

Email, contacts, calendar perfectly in sync
    Ssh client
    Network analyzer
    Comfortable and fast browser.

BlackBerry has the best keyboard I am fastest on. I use an iPhone 5, Lumia 920, galaxy nexus in rotation with my Z10.

Most used are: iphone5, Z10 then Lumia 920, Galaxy Nexus on 4.3

Since the iPhone got ios7 it's back in the game for me. It was on my list on third place before. Now it reclaimed number one spot.

I would like the apps to be as good as their iOS counterparts on the z10. That already would make me use it so much more.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 11:14 PM
    thats just it the carriers say they ae getting alot of returns dont buy blackberry iphones are being returned by the bundle too just go stand in an apple store the carriers dont see that
    nice of you to come here and tell us that but most people here have blackberries already and I would ask you which carriers told you this and or could you provide a link graham as the general opinion seems to be that very few are selling at all thank you

Z10 via CB10
    10-08-13 02:31 AM
    With carriers listen when I went to get my new z10 the worker at virgin mobile tried is hardest to convince me not to buy it because it wasn't a good phone and blatantly told me they were being returned constantly. And just read news watch TV almost every American carrier will tell not to buy blackberry because they are constantly being returned and are not good phones. A worker at the source in guelph told my sister in law not to get the q10 because it was not a good phone. She loves it.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:17 PM
    My cousin Oakville went and got the iPhone she has had nothing but problems it always locks he out I have taken it back to apple in Burlington three times and each time I've been there there have been many people in there with there iPhone one day it was a three hour wait there was that many people in there experiencing the same problem with there phone

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:21 PM
217 ... 789