I think there's a very deliberate strategy in play, we just don't know what it is...4 Big US carrier pages were tweeted Friday afternoon by @BlackBerry. Except for Verizon, all just released landing pages for BB10.

BlackBerry ‏@BlackBerry
    #BlackBerry10 and @sprint? Yes, indeed. Stay tuned. BlackBerry 10 Bold with Truly Unlimited Data from Sprint ^MM
    BlackBerry 10 Bold with Truly Unlimited Data from Sprint

BlackBerry ‏@BlackBerry
    All @ATT customers can get their hands on a new #BlackBerry10 smartphone in the coming weeks. Info: http://blck.by/XsIIbF ^MM
    https://www.wireless.att.com/busines...id=jPeLKdIn_li

BlackBerry ‏@BlackBerry
    The #BlackBerry10 will be available for @TMobile customers. Details here: BlackBerry 10 Z | New BlackBerry 10 Phone | T-Mobile ^MM
    BlackBerry 10 Z | New BlackBerry 10 Phone | T-Mobile

BlackBerry ‏@BlackBerry
    Attn @VZWnews customers: #BlackBerry10 coming to Verizon Wireless in the coming weeks BlackBerry 10 - Blackberry Z10 ^MM
    BlackBerry 10 - Blackberry Z10
    02-01-13 07:57 PM
    I think that is to quell the mass of angry customers that want a BB10 NOW! But can't because there is no release date yet.

So those pages are the "go to" place for updates.
    02-01-13 08:02 PM
    I think all had the "landing" pages on wednesday pretty much. I saw many people saying they went to the sites and put their emails in

But yes they want people to keep in mind its coming and such. Keep the hype going i guess you could say
    02-01-13 08:35 PM
    For what it's worth I talked to a friend of mine at Verizon, he said probably mid-February but that was last week. I haven't talked to him since.
    02-01-13 08:49 PM
    I think there's a very deliberate strategy in play, we just don't know what it is...4 Big US carrier pages were tweeted Friday afternoon by @BlackBerry. Except for Verizon, all just released landing pages for BB10.

BlackBerry ‏@BlackBerry
    #BlackBerry10 and @sprint? Yes, indeed. Stay tuned. BlackBerry 10 Bold with Truly Unlimited Data from Sprint ^MM
    BlackBerry 10 Bold with Truly Unlimited Data from Sprint

BlackBerry ‏@BlackBerry
    All @ATT customers can get their hands on a new #BlackBerry10 smartphone in the coming weeks. Info: http://blck.by/XsIIbF ^MM
    https://www.wireless.att.com/busines...id=jPeLKdIn_li

BlackBerry ‏@BlackBerry
    The #BlackBerry10 will be available for @TMobile customers. Details here: BlackBerry 10 Z | New BlackBerry 10 Phone | T-Mobile ^MM
    BlackBerry 10 Z | New BlackBerry 10 Phone | T-Mobile

BlackBerry ‏@BlackBerry
    Attn @VZWnews customers: #BlackBerry10 coming to Verizon Wireless in the coming weeks BlackBerry 10 - Blackberry Z10 ^MM
    BlackBerry 10 - Blackberry Z10
    Usually when Verizon puts the coming soon page up these phones appear in a 2 to 3 weeks. Maybe by the 21st of Feb.
    02-01-13 09:27 PM
    Usually when Verizon puts the coming soon page up these phones appear in a 2 to 3 weeks. Maybe by the 21st of Feb.
    Considering the BlackBerry 10 launch is quite different than any other phone launch and has been quite anticipated by BlackBerry users, I don't think there is anything "usual" about the timeline here.
    02-01-13 10:05 PM
    like i said in a different thread, there's just something we dont know. i mean, AT&T is suppose to be a part of Blackberry event in San Francisco held at the end of February.
    02-01-13 10:51 PM
    The launch was just the beginning.
    02-01-13 10:59 PM
    Is this a big conspiracy where the 30 second super bowl spot is saying that it is ready in the USA in a week?
    02-01-13 11:49 PM
    Is this a big conspiracy where the 30 second super bowl spot is saying that it is ready in the USA in a week?
    If that happens itnwould be ptetty sweet...but I don't know...they are all either planning something big...or it really isn't coming until March some time, which I think is what it is.
    02-02-13 12:06 AM
    Suoerbowl add can be announcing Feb 5th release with no preorders if anything.
    They can announce mid month, but if the want to go all out I would go with, tomorrow, just like UK got it after launch.

Also, if the ad says it is coming out tomorrow then all the angry ppl will be so happy, and when the friends ask why they are so happy they will explain everything awesome about bb10... So this would be a really great strategy. But I doubt it is what will happen.
    02-02-13 12:12 AM
    No. They would never do anything that might be potentially damaging to the company. Especially since they've thus far blamed it on the carriers.
    It would also not bode well with investors since the stock has dropped something like 20% since launch, which was partially due to them announcing late release in the US market.
    ibpluto likes this.
    02-02-13 12:15 AM
    anyone else confused by what OP is saying?
    FSeverino likes this.
    02-02-13 12:18 AM
    No. They would never do anything that might be potentially damaging to the company. Especially since they've thus far blamed it on the carriers.
    It would also not bode well with investors since the stock has dropped something like 20% since launch, which was partially due to them announcing late release in the US market.
    Agree. Talk about the investor lawsuits if this was the case.
    02-02-13 05:01 AM
    Suoerbowl add can be announcing Feb 5th release with no preorders if anything.
    They can announce mid month, but if the want to go all out I would go with, tomorrow, just like UK got it after launch.

Also, if the ad says it is coming out tomorrow then all the angry ppl will be so happy, and when the friends ask why they are so happy they will explain everything awesome about bb10... So this would be a really great strategy. But I doubt it is what will happen.
    If that were true someone, somewhere would have sent in blurry cam pics of their store's stockpile of BB10 devices, dummy units, inventory screenshot, and/or in store marketing. People are giving RIM too much credit for leak control.
    02-02-13 06:39 AM
    If that were true someone, somewhere would have sent in blurry cam pics of their store's stockpile of BB10 devices, dummy units, inventory screenshot, and/or in store marketing. People are giving RIM too much credit for leak control.
    They did do a pretty good job with protecting availability dates prior to 30th.
    02-02-13 07:19 AM
    I really doubt the carriers are getting in line. Because all large corporations now have computerized phone systems where you have to select which option to press they have developed a layer of protection from the heat of the american consumers. The fat cats at the top go about their daily life in la la land carrying only about their golf game or current sells figures. Since they have the I phone and the Android and the Windows 8 current on the shelves then they will see no decrease in sales numbers. So that only leaves their worry about their golf score in Dallas. When you call in and you get a front line person and maybe their supervisor and if you are lucky that person's supervisor that is as far as the heat travels up the corporate ladder. So the poor up front personnel are suffering from all the negative comments being delivered in the stores or on the phone. We need some time of structure that can provide some type of limited access to the corporate ladder. We need some type of consumer advocate appeal process that provides the consumers a voice. Because all 4 are playing the same game we can not just say "I will take my business across the street". We need a global wide provider entering the american market to require these companies to wake up and do what their shareholders demand--sell phones. I am sure there is enough interest in a global wide phone plan where there is no roaming anywhere on the globe to create the sales to keep such company operating all over the globe.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    02-02-13 09:09 AM
    Considering the BlackBerry 10 launch is quite different than any other phone launch and has been quite anticipated by BlackBerry users, I don't think there is anything "usual" about the timeline here.
    Ummm, yeah, about that. Verizon is notorious for not posting info about phones until a week or two before they actually have them for sale. I pointed this out numerous times already but I will do it again. At&t stated a March release, Verizon hasn't.
    02-02-13 10:07 AM