I won't even consider this device. I shop on amazon, but nowhere near enough to justify using Fire OS over real Android, and a 720p screen in 2014 is a no go for me. I don't care about 3D as well.

I don't want my phone to be a hub to a store. I had the Kindle Fire and absolutely hated it.
    I'm not a big fan of the 720p myself (though 720p on this forum is often touted as awesome and all you need). However, I would have to concede that the 3D features of the device aren't for typical 3D usage that we've seen on other devices, but have come up with some pretty decent alternative uses for it. Being able to differentiate from an actual head instead of being spoofed by a photograph is a pretty decent implementation.

I probably wouldn't purchase this first generation device. But to be honest, I'm actually looking forward to see what future innovation may be built from it. There were some pretty decent hardware and software innovations introduced that will probably be emulated by other OEM's, and expanded upon.
    06-18-14 07:08 PM
    I do like the Mayday feature. Assuming Amazon customer service stays on top of their game (and in my experience, they usually do).
    My experience with the Kindle Fire HDX is that it's warty. Very warty. Some of the features work great ... but only if you're in the US. Others are unavailable. The out of box experience is also warty if you aren't in the US.

It is a forked Android, so there are also issues with no Google Play store or reliant apps working on it; many devs not putting their apps in Amazon's store.

My biggest issue, though, is the Fire OS. It lags on me a lot, requiring reboots. It becomes unresponsive. The version controlling of apps is a mess. The notifications are extremely limited.

The hardware is nice, but I don't trust this flavour of Android a single bit.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    06-18-14 08:48 PM
    its 32 GBs for the 199/650 pricing which isnt bad at all but still more than i expected from Amazon
    Internal memory isn't a big concern for me. I'm much more concerned about expandability. Have we confirmed of this has a microSD port?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-18-14 10:27 PM
103 ... 345