Most outlets are supporting the rumor that this will be the long-awaited Amazon smartphone. A couple of thoughts:

1. This was the greatest missed oportunity in the consumer space for BB. Working with amazon to create and MARKET a phone for consumers based on BB10 (it already runs all the apps in their store) could have finally put BB back on the market share map.

2. This could also be good news, since the amazon app store will now get more apps to support their phone launch meaning more choice for BB10 devices. Maybe even some of the google play services apps! BB needs to get the amazon store preloaded asap.

3. I can see amazon selling the device directly, so another out of contract choice for the consumer. Always a good thing!
    06-05-14 06:10 AM
    Will be watching for this anxiously to see how that impacts BB!
    06-05-14 06:33 AM
    Damn I thought I was going to read bb10 on sale just for that day... was going to get the Z30 lol...

Posted via CB10
    Monsterlad likes this.
    06-05-14 06:37 AM
    I'm not sure it is a phone. If you look at the video that it offers as their promo it seems to me to be something else. People in the video keep saying it follows you.
    06-05-14 06:53 AM
    Most outlets are supporting the rumor that this will be the long-awaited Amazon smartphone. A couple of thoughts:

1. This was the greatest missed oportunity in the consumer space for BB. Working with amazon to create and MARKET a phone for consumers based on BB10 (it already runs all the apps in their store) could have finally put BB back on the market share map.

2. This could also be good news, since the amazon app store will now get more apps to support their phone launch meaning more choice for BB10 devices. Maybe even some of the google play services apps! BB needs to get the amazon store preloaded asap.

3. I can see amazon selling the device directly, so another out of contract choice for the consumer. Always a good thing!
    I don't see how this is a missed opportunity for BlackBerry. I simply don't think Amazon would have any interest in partnering with BlackBerry for a phone.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    JeepBB and Monsterlad like this.
    06-05-14 09:36 AM
    I don't see how this is a missed opportunity for BlackBerry. I simply don't think Amazon would have any interest in partnering with BlackBerry for a phone.

Exactly. Has to be mutually beneficial. Amazon doesn't get much out of it.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-05-14 10:00 PM
    Maybe this this is large company that BlackBerry is partnering with. Very unlikely but you never know. They unveiling their phone the day day before Blackberries earnings call.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 10:40 PM
    Hopefully it's just a device made by Foxconn,.. that way they'll have more leftover parts to make a cheap Z3 LTE!.. lol

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 10:44 PM
    I can't see how BlackBerry can collaborate with Amazon to use BB10 because they already have success with Android powered Kindle Fire. They just derive from that and make a phone. Hardware for Android phone are readily available if they work with Foxconn just like BlackBerry did. They don't have to put out Killer spec phone since their target audience seem to be okay with whatever the latest technology (not necessarily the greatest) like they were with the Kindle Fire.

? CB10 ?
    06-05-14 11:23 PM
    If Amazon decides to collaborate with BlackBerry to make use of BB10, then that will be very awesome but right now it's more of a wishful thinking.
    Also BB10 user base is very small compared to Android user base. Thus, it makes more sense for Amazon to release an Android powered phone than a BB10 phone.

? CB10 ?
    06-05-14 11:28 PM
    As I was saying it is highly unlikely but you could join a few dots to make a picture Chen no comment on making an android phone BlackBerry adding Android run times, BlackBerry partnering a large corporation to help market their phones BlackBerry users down load 2 million Android app from Amazon app store

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 11:55 PM
    If it is a phone, then it'll most likely be running the Fire OS (I think that's what it's called) like their Kindle Fire lines. No way will it be running BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-06-14 12:09 AM
    If it is a phone, then it'll most likely be running the Fire OS (I think that's what it's called) like their Kindle Fire lines. No way will it be running BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, definitely not BB10. It will be either Fire or Android.

06-06-14 10:40 AM
    I don't predict that the Amazon Phone will be successful.

The smartphone market is already very saturated and consumers tend to disfavor non-OHA Androids to the point of almost preferring alternative OSes like Windows Phone. Androids with Google Play are already so inexpensive that there is a certain "cheapness" to non-OHA Android devices.

Unless Amazon comes up with amazing features along with excellent price points, I don't see an Amazon phone significantly outperforming BB10. Consumers do not want to be a subset of another ecosystem.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-06-14 11:10 AM
    I don't predict that the Amazon Phone will be successful.

The smartphone market is already very saturated and consumers tend to disfavor non-OHA Androids to the point of almost preferring alternative OSes like Windows Phone. Androids with Google Play are already so inexpensive that there is a certain "cheapness" to non-OHA Android devices.

Unless Amazon comes up with amazing features along with excellent price points, I don't see an Amazon phone significantly outperforming BB10. Consumers do not want to be a subset of another ecosystem.
    I tend to agree. It will certainly be difficult for Amazon to make inroads into the mobile hardware market.

06-06-14 11:16 AM
    Amazon will definitely be selling the phone at the cheapest price possible to get more customers in their ecosystem imo.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 12:18 PM
    Amazon will definitely be selling the phone at the cheapest price possible to get more customers in their ecosystem imo.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry needs to be doing the same to get people to try BB10. They can't be selling their devices at the same prices as the iPhone or GS5 and expect people will enter into a contract for years just to "try" the new BlackBerry devices. A lower price on the device might entice them. Once they reestablish some market share they can up the price again.

06-06-14 12:23 PM

Ya.. meanwhile at BlackBerry

Crickets

:-(

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    06-06-14 01:11 PM
    Ya.. meanwhile at BlackBerry

Crickets

:-(

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Nothing new from BlackBerry in quite a while. Rumors about Windermere is about all. I haven't even heard rumors about a new flagship touch device, much less an official announcement.

I can't understand why BlackBerry think that a keyboard device is going to be their savior. It's what killed them in the first place. The keyboard market is a small niche. Most people want touch devices.
    06-06-14 02:15 PM
    Could Amazon utilize BBM Shop? either for themselves or to be a driver for other online retailers to filter through, add BBM money to the mix and the payment scheme becomes interesting also.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 02:51 PM
    Yup. Nothing new from BlackBerry in quite a while. Rumors about Windermere is about all. I haven't even heard rumors about a new flagship touch device, much less an official announcement.

I can't understand why BlackBerry think that a keyboard device is going to be their savior. It's what killed them in the first place. The keyboard market is a small niche. Most people want touch devices.
    Tried and failed.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 04:16 PM
    BlackBerry needs to be doing the same to get people to try BB10. They can't be selling their devices at the same prices as the iPhone or GS5 and expect people will enter into a contract for years just to "try" the new BlackBerry devices. A lower price on the device might entice them. Once they reestablish some market share they can up the price again.

Amazon has profits from app sales, content sales, sales of items from Amazon.com and traffic via their browser.

BlackBerry doesn't have anything to really offset their costs. BlackBerry World Is.... well we all know what it is.

I'm not Impressed with Kindle tablet prices compared we some other devices... Don't think they are subsidizing nearly as much as they could.

Posted via Android CrackBerry App
    06-06-14 05:28 PM

Still tough competition from tons of cheap Android devices that arguably offer more.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 05:40 PM
    If it is the long awaited Amazon phone, it may well have some new features. I heard a rumor that it may have a 3-D display with multiple sensors to track the user's head and eye position for improved experience. I think it should have some feature to set it apart from the average Android.

As for BlackBerry, I'd be happy with an updated 10.3 leak! I'd also appreciate a sale on the Z30, maybe $400 from the official store.

Posted via Z-10 100-3 running10.3.0.296/442 hybrid
    06-06-14 07:26 PM
    Still tough competition from tons of cheap Android devices that arguably offer more.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but most of those low price Android phones aren't that great. If BlackBerry sell a premium phone for slightly lower price than the iPhone or GS5 that could be enough to get people to give BlackBerry a try.

06-06-14 07:44 PM
103 123 ...