Hello guys and gals.

I'm a big Amazon Prime fan. I watch a lot of Amazon Prime TV via Fire TV Stick and I am a HUGE Amazon Prime Music Fan. I've also Ripped my entire CD Collection to the Amazon Cloud for Playback via Amazon Prime Music. And, I happen to have an Amazon Echo that I use regularly. If this device had a Bluetooth Output so I could port it to my Vintage High Performance Stereo for true high fidelity playback, I'd be in 7th Heaven, but that's another story.

I was shocked to actually find an Amazon "Alexa" App for the Echo on Amazon's Appstore for BB10. I also was shocked to find an Amazon Fire TV App in their Appstore for BB10. These are very nice and well appreciated, but the most important App for my BB10 to me is an Amazon Prime Music App. Seriously, it's the ONLY App that is missing for me that would make the BB10 the ultimate phone in the world for this user. Truly. And there isn't one in the Appstore. Yes, I know that everyone has "Their" particular App that they need, and it's near impossible to satisfy everyone, but I am shocked that there is an Alexa App and a Fire TV App but no Amazon Prime Music. It's really a big issue to me.

I currently carry a newer Android on a 2nd line and I use this mostly for streaming Amazon Prime Music.

Has anyone had any luck side-loading an Amazon Prime Music that actually works well? I'm not a fan of side-loading Droid Apps as the one's I've side-loaded did not run well at all.

Thanks for the input in advance.
    Just Me likes this.
    01-14-16 05:14 PM
    Has anyone had any luck side-loading an Amazon Prime Music that actually works well? I'm not a fan of side-loading Droid Apps as the one's I've side-loaded did not run well at all.
    I'm not an Amazon Prime member, and don't use Amazon Music, so I'm not really sure, but Amazon Music shows up in Amazon Appstore on my Blackberry Leap. (it doesn't show up on my Classic though)

If you want something that works well, maybe try sideloading the one from Amazon appstore?
    BBerryPowerUser and Just Me like this.
    01-14-16 05:43 PM
    How much music do u have? If under 200GB, just get a SD card and avoid streaming.

Posted via CB10
    Just Me likes this.
    01-14-16 05:45 PM
    How much music do u have? If under 200GB, just get a SD card and avoid streaming.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but I also stream PRIME music and PRIME stations, and not just my personal library. Otherwise, your solution would be good.

But if I went SD card, I'd want to RIP in FLAC, and I doubt I could rip my entire CD Collection in FLAC to a 200 gig card. 256 AAC no problem, but FLAC probably not.
    01-14-16 05:52 PM
    I'm not an Amazon Prime member, and don't use Amazon Music, so I'm not really sure, but Amazon Music shows up in Amazon Appstore on my Blackberry Leap. (it doesn't show up on my Classic though)

If you want something that works well, maybe try sideloading the one from Amazon appstore?
    Ahhhh..... This suggests a lot to me. OK, I wold speculate then, that Amazon Prime Music is looking for a full touch screen to work, and does not like keyboard BB10 devices due to the lack of screen real estate to work with. Et Voila! I bet that's the key.

So, BlackBerry Z30 to the Rescue. I would bet that Amazon Prime Music will show up on the App store for the Zed 30 if it's showing up for your Leap.

Thanks. You gave me a big clue here I think.
    01-14-16 05:55 PM
    I remember using amazon prime music to stream on my Z10 but I was just trying out the free 30 day trial, I'm not sure if things have changed since then. I use my Q10 with 64 GB sd card and Pandora for my music needs.

Good luck!

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    01-14-16 06:06 PM
    Ahhhh..... This suggests a lot to me. OK, I wold speculate then, that Amazon Prime Music is looking for a full touch screen to work, and does not like keyboard BB10 devices due to the lack of screen real estate to work with. Et Voila! I bet that's the key.
    There are apps even in BB World that are disabled for 1:1-ratio screen devices, and there are lots more of them in the Amazon Marketplace and in Google Play. Since you have a Z30, you should always check there first, so you know at least what is available to BB10 in general, and then you can work out the 1:1 issues, even if sideloading is necessary.
    01-14-16 06:49 PM
    Solution Below!
    Download at your own risk.

http://www.apk4fun.com/apk/11324/

Installed
    Works great!
    No app store required!

Amazon Prime Music on BB10 and I'm totally satisfied-img_20160114_171542.png

SQC100-4/Classic-Black/OtterBox Case
    Attachment 387814
    Attachment 387815
    Last edited by Nance_Luke; 01-15-16 at 11:17 AM.
    BBerryPowerUser and BerryRipe like this.
    01-14-16 07:16 PM
    You're Welcome!

Download Amazon Music 5.1.1 APK File (com.amazon.mp3.apk) - APK4Fun

Installed
    Works great!
    No app store required!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160114_171542.png 
Views:	1654 
Size:	280.0 KB 
ID:	387813

Attachment 387814
    Attachment 387815

Thank you! So far, I'm getting no response at all from this web address. I've tried their root address as well and it takes a very long time to load the basic menu and then nothing loads past that. Perhaps there are issues with the server tonight. I'll keep trying.
    01-14-16 07:30 PM
    Try a Google Search for "Amazon Music APK"

The site should be one of the first you see.

Version 5.1.1

If it still doesn't work try again later.

Hope this helps!

01-14-16 07:39 PM
    The server was just insanely slow. It took over 10 minutes to load the primary page, and another 10 or so to get to the APP download section, but then it was smooth sailing.
    Downloaded and all is great. Took about 5 minutes to "Sync" my library, but everything is up to snuff and the app works just fine. Yes, on a 1x1 screen it's a bit more difficult to work with, but it WORKS. That's the bottom line. Now I can enjoy my Keyboard BB10 and have Amazon Prime Music.

Wow. And I thought this was going to be weeks in the solving department.

My most sincere thanks!

My life is now complete.
    01-14-16 08:04 PM
    I use this method for most non-google apps.

Just successfully installed Square Cash & Square Register as well.

Both work Great!

Download at your own risk.

Last edited by Nance_Luke; 01-15-16 at 11:21 AM.
    01-14-16 08:05 PM
    I use this method for most non-google apps.

Just successfully installed Square Cash & Square Register as well.

Both work Great!

You have no idea how much you are helping me tonight, without even realizing it on the second issue.

I run my own business and was lamenting on how I have to use an old iPhone 4s for my Square CASH and Square REGISTER just a week or so ago. And now, you give me the keys to install this on my Berry.

This truly makes my BlackBerry on par with the iPhone or Android for what I need it for.

I may not have won the Powerball Lottery last night (me and 600 million other people), but I just won the "Supercharge your BB10 Smartphone" Lottery.

Many THANKS!
    01-14-16 08:17 PM
    You are very welcome!

01-14-16 08:42 PM
    Nance_Luke thanks man! This was very helpful to me as well.

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
    01-14-16 09:50 PM
    I have Prime on my passport (downloaded from Amazon app store on passport). Works great. Need to change the size to see everything but other than that it works.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 10:57 AM
    This is for Classic users...

The app does not show up in the Amazon store for Classic users.

01-15-16 11:14 AM
    I side loaded Amazon music on my Z30 by manually downloading the APK. I was able to download it directly from the App Store with my Passport.
    01-16-16 09:00 AM
    I side loaded Amazon music on my Z30 by manually downloading the APK. I was able to download it directly from the App Store with my Passport.
    It runs super slow an buggy on my z30. Do you have these issues?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 09:36 AM
    The Prime Music app does show up in the Amazon App store for my Z30 just in case you need to know. I did not install it though.

But let me ask a question. Is Prime Music simply included in my Prime Membership? I've not really explored it since joining a few months ago!
    01-16-16 09:44 AM
    But let me ask a question. Is Prime Music simply included in my Prime Membership? I've not really explored it since joining a few months ago!
    Yes, Amazon Music is included with amazon prime membership.

In the USA at least.

IMHO it's better than Pandora, spotify, Google, or itunes radio.

FF22 likes this.
    01-16-16 09:54 AM
    I use Snap to load the Amazon Prime music app on my Clasic. Works fine so far.

Posted via Classic
    01-16-16 11:17 AM
    The Prime Music app does show up in the Amazon App store for my Z30 just in case you need to know. I did not install it though.

Prime Music comes with Amazon Prime, and for me, it's the prime reason I subscribe to Prime.

I'm seriously into music, and have used most services. Apple Music, Spotify, Slacker, Pandora, Tidal.... the list goes on and on. I honestly love Prime Music. You get over 1 million song titles included free that is constantly growing, and they have a great selection of Playlists for every Genre, as well as excellent "Stations" for just about every music Genre. Of course you get track scrubbing and unlimited skips forward and backward. I am sometimes shocked at the free albums they offer.

I also pay an extra $25 a year to store my entire CD Collection to the Amazon Prime Cloud. I Ripped the entire collection (over 1200 CDs) to iTunes via 256 AAC on my laptop about 10 CDs at a time, and then used the Prime Music Upload App to upload them to Prime Music. $25 a year gives you enough space for about 25,000 albums, but I think it's a bargain even at 1267 CDs. Yes, it took me a few weeks to get this done, but I'm glad I did it. CDs do not last forever and can get CD Rot where the metal between the urethane layers gets oxidized and basically rusts away leaving your CD unplayable. Ripping them to the cloud preserves them forever, and gives you access to them anywhere at any time. Sure, you could RIP them with FLAC and then you have a lossless copy. You can upload FLAC files to Amazon, but they will only playback at 256 AAC as it stands today. In the future? I'm sure they will upgrade streaming to FLAC. Most services will. To my ears, 256 AAC has plenty of fidelity. It's very hard for me to hear the difference above 256 AAC on up to FLAC, but if you are a true audiophile, you'll want to Rip in FLAC.

You can actually upload a meager mp3 file if you want, and if the album is in the Amazon Music Library, Amazon will Auot-UPGRADE the Rip for you to 256 AAC for playback. You can also download anything from your library at any time you wish.

It's my favorite service for music and my favorite App. Nance_Luke really did me a major solid by directing me to the App.
    Nance_Luke and FF22 like this.
    01-16-16 12:26 PM
    Prime music downloaded and worked on my PP both on Amazon and Snap. Change the zoom with one swipe down from the top
    01-16-16 01:38 PM
    That's good to know. Passport will probably be my next Berry.
    01-16-16 03:13 PM
43 12