Hopefully they move their US phone online sales store to Amazon too. The existing solution is pretty poor.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    06-22-14 06:45 AM
    This is a short sighted deal. The coming Amazon app will be the current Android port, not Native. You might as well download it now for yourself and it works just fine. There won't be a section in the Amazon app store for native BB10 apps.

So BlackBerry gave up its own Video and Music store just to get an Official Amazon Android port on BB10. This could have been achieved without sacrificing video and music SIMPLY by tossing in a sheet of paper into each BB10 phone saying that you visit the various BlackBerry fansites, and ask that these fansites feature a front page link to the Amazon app store.

Posted via CB10
    johnm137 likes this.
    06-22-14 10:36 AM
    It is sad to see they are removing movie section from BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 11:24 AM
    It is sad to see they are removing movie section from BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Being confined to only playing them on my phone meant I never bought one. At least with Amazon I have more flexibility, so if they bring that over, it's a major improvement.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 11:39 AM
    This is a short sighted deal. The coming Amazon app will be the current Android port, not Native. You might as well download it now for yourself and it works just fine. There won't be a section in the Amazon app store for native BB10 apps.

So BlackBerry gave up its own Video and Music store just to get an Official Amazon Android port on BB10. This could have been achieved without sacrificing video and music SIMPLY by tossing in a sheet of paper into each BB10 phone saying that you visit the various BlackBerry fansites, and ask that these fansites feature a front page link to the Amazon app store.

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't really BlackBerry's own video and music. They were partnering with someone for the content. They are now just changing the content provider. They are in a position where they need apps to move phones, and the big name devs want them to move phones before they make apps. So better to be short sited and move phones and maybe make BB10 successful and make money than to be stubborn and have sales of phones languish and possibly have to stop selling phones all together.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    06-22-14 02:51 PM
    Hopefully HUB integrated apps wont be a thing of the past. That would seriously bum me out.
    06-22-14 09:34 PM
    As you read it guys.

BlackBerry, Amazon Licensing Agreement to Bring Thousands of New Apps | Inside BlackBerry

Amazing how some of us here saw it coming!

Starting from 10.3 we'll have a majority of the big name apps officially!

But still some questions remains, did they really eliminate 2000 employees from the native app development dept?

What about native apps now?

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    The issue is. Apps on Amazons store tend to get updates months after Google Play. Sometimes many months. And since they only did tablets a number of apps are missing. The store came preloaded on my Note 3. I disabled it. Sometimes they (3rd party stores) can be of use when you want to buy apps not tied to a specific Google account (I like to delete accounts when I move platforms so this protects my investment), but the apps I needed were so severely out of date that it wasn't even worth it for that. The developers also responded in such a way that they didn't care.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.
    06-23-14 01:56 AM
    Probably that they are doing phones now this will change plus the blackberry customers

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 03:40 AM
83 ... 234