I personally like the Amazon App Store move. I am a small business and don't use enterprise features, but I do use a Blackberry primarily as a productivity tool. Although, I prefer native apps, would be nice for BlackBerry World to be an app store focused on business, productivity, etc while leaving games, music and fun stuff at the Amazon Store.

This way it is clear when you go to BlackBerry World and when you go to Amazon App Store. Also it would clean up Blackberry World.

We will see how it all plays out.

Would be nice if native apps in BlackBerry World were for banking, e-tickets, travel, maps and enhancements to bb10 while Amazon is just for extra fun stuff.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 12:43 AM
    I want to indroduce another aspect into the Amazon/BB discussion: security.

Noone talks about security. But, hey, Amazon is one of the biggest data collectors on the planet. Amazon has your banking and multiple postal and electronic address informations (including their history for many years) based upon your normal shopping activities in the Amazon web shop. If they now get also your mobile phone data (number, provider, location, ...) this opens a lot of new possibilities to take a closer look on you.

Yesterday I read an article (see here) about a new partnership between Amazon and noone else but the CIA - and exactly this is what I would do if I were an intelligence service: go to Amazon! Companies like Amazon, eBay, payPal, credit card providers, which connect people, money and a lot of data have a key position. Their data are probably much more interesting and more precise than Google's data.

RIM which often talks about security aspects of their mobile phones walks on thin ice here. Customers who estimate a "secure" mobile phone will probably not use anything related to an Amazon service, even if the app is BB native. And I think RIM would be wise to remain a valuable set of core apps (and the whole way of getting these apps) in their own hands.
    06-26-14 01:31 AM
    Yes what's happening to BlackBerry guardian/trend Micro???

posted via my Z10 ?
    06-26-14 05:19 AM
    Yes what's happening to BlackBerry guardian/trend Micro???

posted via my Z10 ?
    Getting built into the OS in 10.3

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 07:05 AM
    I note that Amazon recognises my phone as a Z30 which is interesting. Maybe it always did, and I didn't notice.
    06-26-14 07:24 AM
    Always recognized BlackBerry 10 devices by name

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 07:43 AM
    The whole point is to separate BlackBerry apps from android apps. I agree with the move. If an individual wants a secure device, well then you can't load apps that want full access, unless you have BES and Balance.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 08:05 AM