One simple solution: just create 2 phone numbers for the same contact - one with the prefix and the other without it.

I haven't tried it myself, but seems a good workaround for solving your problem - at least until a future OS update that could solve it for good.

--------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    Yeah thanks, I thought of that but I've got too many contacts. It had taken days to manually add prefixes, i just wanted to know if there were any known solutions on here. Reading through the support forums on BlackBerry website, many have the same issue but some had it fixed with a minor os update. I, like some others haven't had that luck. Would be good to see if there's anyone who can comment on the factory reset/restore though. Link doesn't do it, neither does the phone. Instead, they wipe the phone but not the OS.
    07-23-13 05:28 PM
    If you're on a STL-2/3/4 and don't mind installing a leak, 4537 or 4561 should solve your battery problems. The radio files in those leaks are simply awesome compared to prior builds. I was at my wit's end as well before these leaks. Now a very happy Z10 camper.
    4561 or 4651?????
    07-23-13 05:29 PM
    i also have had UK Z10 for 6 months and my battery life has been very variable.

When i amended my system to keep emails beyond the original 30 days my battery life dipped to around 4 hours and was like that for nearly a week until it finished indexing my files. Could it be that your Contacts program is causing similar hyper-activity with the resultant excessive battery drain?

Also when I am travelling around London with the wireless on 4G and bluetooth engaged my battery barely lasts a day. Once I'm back in the sticks i set the wireless to 3G/2G and i get 2 days before the battery needs charging

Good luck. Hope you get your issues resolved
    07-23-13 05:40 PM
    From my own experience, the Z 10 battery is not up to Par. It does charge fast, especially when I am using it and have it plugged into my PlayBook charger. I can easily kill the battery in and under 4 hours of constant use. Now, through the day and with periodic use, a few short phone calls, few texts, few BBM, the occasional Web view, it is at around half depletion or less . I continually shut down wifi, blue, NFC. As of yesterday, I dropped my cell radios to 4g. Battery was at 85% when i got home 7 hours later . Dropping the LTE radio seems to have been a good thing . Going to reduce down to 3g tomorrow and see what happens. I don't surf, if possible, through the day. I'm on wifi at home. Oh email push lessen battery life. Obviously don't shut it off if it is necessary, but you get the point.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 05:53 PM
    Oh of course, drop screen brightness to tolerable levels.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 06:03 PM
    For what you all say, your batteries are perfectly normal IMHO. It depends a lot on the strength of the signal. Try switching 4G and 3G off if you can and you are not browsing the web or streaming, go on 2G for normal use, your battery will last a lot longer.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2g-z10-772283/
    Changing the network mode on your BlackBerry Z10 | Help | BT Business
    I do not have any BB10 device as of yet, but my battery is like that on my 9860 and on my Galaxy S3 and it used to be like that on an old iphone 4.
    Edit: Besides all other well known tips
    07-23-13 06:14 PM
    For what you all say, your batteries are perfectly normal IMHO. It depends a lot on the strength of the signal. Try switching 4G and 3G off if you can and you are not browsing the web or streaming, go on 2G for normal use, your battery will last a lot longer.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2g-z10-772283/
    Changing the network mode on your BlackBerry Z10 | Help | BT Business
    I do not have any BB10 device as of yet, but my battery is like that on my 9860 and on my Galaxy S3 and it used to be like that on an old iphone 4.
    Edit: Besides all other well known tips
    Should you really have to do that?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    07-23-13 06:16 PM
    As far as battery, Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4633 has been phenomenal on battery life for
    Me. That's why I havn't moved to 4651 yet. Try to minimize link and use it only for backup and restore. As for contacts, I have not had that issue and therefore cannot provide a soulution

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    07-23-13 06:53 PM
    knock the "troll" comments off....If its used again its a 3 day ban immediately. There is no need for that or the bickering!
    reeneebob likes this.
    07-23-13 07:18 PM
    I got my z10 when it was launched in the UK and so that makes it roughly 6months old. I have had one minor and one major OS update(from 10.0 to 10.1...for Skype) which is 10.1.0.273 and then I had another minor update which was meant to correct the random reboot...(10.1.0.2354). I've had many issues after the last update and they're listed:

1. Battery life has been horrible and the phone barely lasts 4hours on moderate use. I have had many attempts to restore to factory settings but each time I try, either directly from the phone or from bblink(1.1.1.32) which is the latest from the BlackBerry website, the phone gets wiped but on restart, I still have the latest OS I last installed or bblink reports that there's no software update for my device. I installed a leak 10.1.0.4651 and bblink then says I have an update of 10.1.0.273. I updated to that and I cannot restore anything back to the phone.

2.. all OS versions mentioned above have a common issue with identifying callers. I have my local contacts saved without the international dialing code but noticed that no name is displayed when I receive text messages(cos the messages have the dialing code added as prefix to the numbers), so I cannot tell who sends a message. On order to correct this, I edited all the local contacts by manually adding the dialing code to the numbers, only to find that their names are not displayed when they call me....even after editing the smart dialing section in call settings, this remains the same, so I either do not know who calls or who sends a text, depending on which way I save the contacts.

I have been battling with these for a week now and getting fed up with it all, please I need some help. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    I have my contacts sync from google mail. Everytime i add a new contacts from my BB10, it will create a copy in local and google conttact and that makes it a duplicates. Name would not appear until i do a "clear local contacts" via setting - accounts.
    Hope there is a way to NOT create any local contact for future updates.
    07-23-13 07:22 PM
    You will have to do it until batteries evolve...
    07-24-13 06:09 PM
    I have my contacts sync from google mail. Everytime i add a new contacts from my BB10, it will create a copy in local and google conttact and that makes it a duplicates. Name would not appear until i do a "clear local contacts" via setting - accounts.
    Hope there is a way to NOT create any local contact for future updates.
    That was a pain when I had the Z10. I had to turn off contact sync which defeated the point.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    07-24-13 07:10 PM
    I use my PlayBook 's charger too and have had great battery life on my Z10.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    07-24-13 07:11 PM
    Thanks all, i have given up on the battery life, as i have tried all the tricks and tried various OS versions, so think something musta gone wrong with it, pity I have left the UK now and can't get the charger bundle here, except I settle for a knock off, tried shipping the original from crackberry and it wud cost $100, id rather buy another phone than gamble with that amount. I'll just keep doing any tricks i can and hope that i get some money to change the phone but I don't like the screen size for the Q10. That's another issue...lol. as for the other issues, i'll keep hoping that BlackBerry resolve them soon with a proper update. For now, i have to manage. Any discoveries that wud help wud still be appreciated though. Thanks house.
    07-26-13 04:09 AM
39 12