I dont know if it's just me or not but i think this would be completely amazing for a physical keyboard bb10 device. I am including a link to a youtube video of the keypad attachment for the ps3 controller. 48 seconds into the video is the important part. It turns the keys into a trackpad for web browsing. Think about implementing this on the n series keyboard allowing you to swipe back to delete a word or down for the alternate icons. What if you could use it to accomplish peek and right angle hub gesture! It would allow the physical keyboard versions to have some extra incentives for people to buy. Whats your guys thoughts?? Thanks. YouTube
    01-10-13 10:46 PM
    Someone posted this a little while ago, and I think it's a very cool idea, especially for the swipe-to-delete feature. In the future, maybe we could see a keypad from RIM that is built of tiny LED screens that would display different characters like capitals and symbols.
    01-10-13 11:02 PM
    Amazing new feature for N Series-screen-shot-2012-05-25-1.49.36-pm.png

I posted something like this last year may i think. But of course back then, it wasn't clear what the N-Series looked like at all so i used a mock up. But i think this idea might be welcomed among fans of the trackpad and the precision it offers. But i think there needs to be another button similar to shift/alt that you need to hold in order to trigger that mode. If not people could find themselves accidentally moving the cursor around the screen when they are trying to type.
    01-11-13 03:25 AM
    Someone posted this a little while ago, and I think it's a very cool idea, especially for the swipe-to-delete feature. In the future, maybe we could see a keypad from RIM that is built of tiny LED screens that would display different characters like capitals and symbols.
    I remember watching the Engadget podcast at CES 2013 just now and they introduced a PC keyboard that's customisable. I think with tiny LED screens as well, or was it the whole keyboard is a LED screen with the keyboard built over it, I'm not sure. But you can set modes, like for Call of Duty, you can have the shortcuts displayed on the keyboard, same for World of WarCraft, Final Cut, Flight simulators, etc. Its pretty cool, but bloody expensive, if i remembered, it costs more than a grand. hahaha.
    01-11-13 03:39 AM
    I remember watching the Engadget podcast at CES 2013 just now and they introduced a PC keyboard that's customisable. I think with tiny LED screens as well, or was it the whole keyboard is a LED screen with the keyboard built over it, I'm not sure. But you can set modes, like for Call of Duty, you can have the shortcuts displayed on the keyboard, same for World of WarCraft, Final Cut, Flight simulators, etc. Its pretty cool, but bloody expensive, if i remembered, it costs more than a grand. hahaha.
    Haha, yeah I think I know what you're talking about, which is where the idea comes from. Of course there will be many drawbacks, such as battery life, durability and manufacturing defects, as well as cost. Oh well, maybe someday.
    01-11-13 03:43 AM
    I think if you were in the process of typing something the cursor could automatically be locked out. The only gestures that would work would be swipe back to delete, down for alternate icons, up to peek, and right angle for the hub. I am probably not going to buy the "x10" when it comes out. I originally planned on buying both but now i think i will buy me a black z10 my gf a white z10 and then a slider for me if they ever make one........idk just my thoughts though.
    01-11-13 08:06 AM