A few of the attorneys at my work are experiencing this on their Curves, Pearls, and world phones...

I even had this happen on my old Pearl...

Out of nowhere all the emails, and phonecall list would be deleted. Even with plenty of memory...

Does anyone know why this happens, or if there is a fix?

Thanks
    Dan
    03-06-09 02:51 PM
    Dan,

Are you guys on a BES? That is are all of your BBs connected thru a server? The BB Admin (one of your IT guys) can do that and may be doing so at the request of your boss. Other than that you got me stumped.
    03-06-09 02:58 PM
    Yeah we are on the BES, but they shouldn't be able to wipe out yahoo mail, sms texts, and phone lists. We spoke with the IT and Networking dept, they have no idea why it would be doing it either... They said basically the only thing they can do is either grant, or deny access to BES.

So far it hasn't happened to my Storm... Also out of about 300+ attorneys, it's only happened to a handfull, but over here that's enough to get fires lit under peoples asses.
    03-06-09 03:02 PM
    From what I understand the only thing that the BES admin cannot delete is MMS. So its usually denied on the server. Phone lists and email can be wiped. They can remotely wipe the device if they want.
    03-06-09 03:57 PM
    Hmm... I don't see why they would delete attorneys information. Thats cause for like IMMEDIATE firing... I'll have to speak with networking and find out for sure.
    03-06-09 04:08 PM
    I have no idea unless there is some politics being played. I was just saying that its a possible cause.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 04:34 PM
    That is pretty weird considering there is plenty of memory on the device.
    03-06-09 07:07 PM
    Yeah I don't see any of these issues being a politics thing... Seeing as me and another user are support staff...

Also I still kinda find it hard to believe that Networking can have the access to delete anything other that BES related items... Tasks, calendar, contacts, and outlook mail... even then, it's on my phone... I was told they could only limit access... I'll have to look into that too...
    03-08-09 09:46 PM
    ha! talk to some of the BES admins that are here... the BES controller is like God, they can do anything they want with a few exceptions.

if they are saying that they can only limit access they are either:

1. lying to you on purpose, or
    2. dont know what the heck they are doing.

this is a known problem with the pearl.

i also had this with my 8830 WE - even with 12mb of memory it would delete at its fancy. the phone, just sitting all on its lonesome, not doing anything, nor having much running, went from 12mb to 7mb to 1mb of memory. but talk to verizon, this doesnt happen :I.

i dont know about the storm, and i have not had this problem on my curve. the lowest i have gotten is 12mb free. but the vzw curve has 96mb of mem and the att curve has 64.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 03-08-09 at 10:25 PM.
    03-08-09 10:20 PM
    Yeah... Knowing my IT dept... they don't know jack... They come to me to help fix most of these peoples BB's and I really dont know all that much...haha

But all the phones we checked had more than enough memory... Mine would only have like 3 or 4 emails, and maybe the same amount of phone calls, as I delete emails, recent calls, and caches frequently... And my pearl would still do it...

Weird

Well I just checked with one of my best friends, and the networking guy for my office. He is only 1 person out of 3 who can access BES directly. He said he can only see,how many pending messages I have (but not the actual message), carrier, last service I connected with, and PIN... He said on his end there appears to be no way to delete anything from anyones phone... Or see any information on anyones phone... Contacts, emails, etc... The only thing he said he can do is activate phones on BES, and set rules... But that's it... Mind you our BES software is 2 years old... So the newer ones may have "god" controls.
    Last edited by D-LuX; 03-09-09 at 09:58 AM.
    03-09-09 09:33 AM
    But all the phones we checked had more than enough memory... Mine would only have like 3 or 4 emails, and maybe the same amount of phone calls, as I delete emails, recent calls, and caches frequently... And my pearl would still do it...
    How much is enough memory? What is the actual available memory number?
    03-09-09 10:37 AM
    from what i have heard.. a berry needs at least 12 mb to run efficiently. any thing less and it starts deleting.
    03-09-09 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD