I am currently using Garmin mobile on my Curve and I love it but it only good for the life of the phone then have to repurchase when changing phones. I am about to upgrade so I thought I would give some of the free ones a try before I spent the 100 on Garmin again. I like the AmazeGPS program. It gives very accurate turn by turn but all the street names are way off. The voice directions are right on but when I look at the display the street names are not even close. I guess it doesnt matter since the voice is telling me the right direction but it would be nice if the street names matched up. I was curious how to fix this, or if I even can. I have went through my settings and everything looks right. Anyone else experience this, or know how to fix it? Thanks for your help
    12-22-08 10:03 AM
    Did you try asking on their site, it might be a problem with the company that supplies the data for that that area?
    12-22-08 11:33 AM
    My problem with AmazeGPS is that I can't even set my regional settings in the app. There's no way to scroll the first drop-down menu on the Storm!
    01-08-09 01:34 PM
    Using AmazeGPS on the Storm is not easy, and is not working as of this point with Verizon. In order to scroll the regions, I had to turn off compatability setting.

That being said, I just checked the forum on AmazeGPS site and the admin had answered a question I had asked regarding the software not being able to get a Satellite lock on the Storm. He said it's not a Storm issue, it is a Blackberry/Verizon issue.

No, Verizon does NOT have GPS locked on the Storm. However, there seems to be some issue with the software / signature / programming that amAzeGPS is currently working on. He said they hope to have it fixed soon.

Hope this helps some. As for your problem thornburg24, my best advice is to ask on the forum on the amAzeGPS site. The admin is pretty good about posting answers to questions within 24 - 48 hours.
    01-09-09 10:57 AM
    Did you try asking on their site, it might be a problem with the company that supplies the data for that that area?
    In my area at least, NAVTEQ supplies the maps for amAze. Try www.mapreporter.com and see if the map data is correct. If the map is right on map reporter, the problem is probably on amAze's side. Might be an amAze glitch when it reads or displays the map.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 07:15 PM
    Hi Thornburg24 (and everyone else),

I'm from amAze team and I wish to try and help.
    Indeed, the scrolling on Storm is still problematic, but we are taking care of it.
    Regarding the street names - can you tell me in which area you see the incorrect names? We would like to check it and fix if necessary.
    You can post it here, but as people have already mentioned, it's best to just post at our forum at amAze's site, or send me an email to [email protected].
    01-12-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD