Running latest OS on Tour 9630 (Verizon). Amaze GPS is great software but...

1. Audio prompts ("Turn Left") pause music playing via media player (good) but media player does not resume when the audio prompt completes (bad).

2. It seems that if you accept a call when navigating, the audio prompts never resume after the call. After the call, you'll have to rely on the on-screen navigation.

Recommended features (from LifeinPocket):

1. Navigate from Contacts.

2. Ability to logon to Amaze GPS website and add addresses to favorites using a computer.

3. Ability to reorder Favorites. It appears that they are stuck in the order you entered them.
    07-19-09 07:06 PM
    I found LifeInPocket a real pain to use. Typing in locations was not that easy on the fly. Yeah you can add them via the website but really I would like it to be more intuitive on the go.

What Amaze GPS really needs to fix is how it locks out other GPS apps. This is some sort of glitch and it is really annoying. I cannot use BBmaps w/o first starting up Amaze and then exiting it, even though I don't even have it running in the first place.
    08-06-09 03:12 PM
    LifeinPocket one day can be a nice and bug free application but as for today is full of bugs.
    Google maps does much better job in local search,
    Even features listed and displayed have lots of limitations. One feature they must fix is auto-recalculation of the route. Also they get really confused or confusing when there are two close streets and it tells you o turn
    I have all 3 and use mostly Nav4All. It is simple with outdated UI but does its navigation job quite well.
    amAze would be better if they fix they control buttons, made if faster to load and run ..
    LifeinPocket is Beta and will see what happens next - looks like that they will offer only limited version for free and to get all one will have to pay. Nav4All is planning to charge fee starting Jan 2010. I think, LifeinPocket is trying to do too much at once and they are going to have problems for some time.
    LifeinPocket is run by pro's and their goal is only 1 - to make money, lots of money.
    AmAze is simpler, free and will see what they come up once new SW is released.. and it is run by some "who knows who"
    08-06-09 03:46 PM
    I personally think Amaze runs well on my Storm. It can be laggy once it gets going, but I drove 5 hours out of town and it never crapped out on me once. I think it is a good program. I have a feeling after a couple of new versions everyone is going to be downloading the navigation software.
    08-06-09 06:46 PM
    Tried several times in the past while I could never get Amaze work. Could get GPS with Google Map but Amaze never got GPS. It's hard to move between displays, the search function does not work.
    The new Amaze has fixed the no gps issue. It also has voice guidance. Once you put your favorites as place to route to. It works really well. I had downloaded Amaze originally and took it off, but the newer version which only came out months ago works really well. Like I said a little laggy when loading the map, but once it is loaded it moves right on target.
    08-07-09 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD