love amaze gps make sure you download the verizon specific version!!!! it corrests the gps issues
    10-27-09 08:36 PM
    amaze is awesome you have to find ur carrierand always after dl you pull the battery or you will have issues
    10-27-09 08:42 PM
    So, apparently, 4.5 is still free. The new 5.0 is a monthly fee version with more features (red light camera, traffic info...).

I think they have to keep 4.5 as free since they had advertised "Always Free" when they were promoting 4.5. Since 5.0 is a new version , they have changed their model. Still, at around $3/month, it is a lot less that other options.
    They can just discontinue 4.5 support. They don't have to keep supporting it.
    10-27-09 10:03 PM
    I guess as long as she keeps that BB, she'll be fine.
    Not necessarily. Since you have to log in w/ name and password, they could just cancel all the accounts that haven't paid and everyone with 4.5 would be S.O.L.
    10-28-09 05:06 AM
    Not necessarily. Since you have to log in w/ name and password, they could just cancel all the accounts that haven't paid and everyone with 4.5 would be S.O.L.
    With 4.5 on her BB, she doesn't log in. At least, it doesn't ask her to log in. Unless they update something, it works without any prompts.
    10-28-09 08:42 AM
    I accidentally downloaded the 5.0 version and almost immediately gave up on their product. They don't apparently offer an evaluation period on it. Almost all functions, other than displaying a map, lead to a message stating that you have to upgrade. I think that it is a big mistake on amAze's part to do this. If I hadn't found this thread about v4.5, I would have strongly steered folks away from the product. That said, I haven't downloaded v4.5 yet, so I still might do so...
    10-28-09 09:16 AM
    Where do you get the 4.5 version from? The 5.0 version sucks donkey balls!

Dm
    10-28-09 12:34 PM
    when you first install Amaze 4.5, it asks for a server-generated username and password. After that, it logs in automatically and invisibly. I too had forgotten about it until I reinstalled it a couple of days ago. But if you go into the account settings it will show you your username and password.
    10-28-09 12:59 PM
    Where do you get the 4.5 version from? The 5.0 version sucks donkey balls!
    I found it by following this link:

amAze
    10-28-09 02:32 PM
    With 4.5 on her BB, she doesn't log in. At least, it doesn't ask her to log in. Unless they update something, it works without any prompts.
    You don't have to, it generates the login info automatically. But it does generate one and login.
    10-28-09 05:37 PM
    I was livid pissed when I saw that you have to pay for the 5.0 version. I had used 4.5 for ages until I installed 5.0 on my 8900. After that install, amAze was nowhere to be found so i downloaded it again. Anyway, I'm irritated that they would suddenly make a product advertised as "free" into a paid app. Call me cheap, but I'm not paying $3/month to utilize an app that should already be integrated into my BB.
    10-29-09 01:09 PM
    what are the changes in 5.0? Is it like way better?
    10-30-09 10:48 AM
    what are the changes in 5.0? Is it like way better?
    Yeah I know what the changes are.
    It will not go on my phone. They used us all as beta testers and then shut down their web site and forums that we have been using to give valuable feed back to their product.
    I would rather pay for the Tmobile tekenav which is up front about the cost then to even send 1dollar a year to these guys.
    I would have gladly paid for versionn 4.5 if they said it would keep them from sneaking into a paid service provider.
    Ads would have been fine too it has to be expensive to run that service but the way they handled it was wrong.

Crackberry Addict and Ex-Amaze user.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 11:04 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD