Am I the only one who doesn't really care for instagram neither Netflix that much but I actually care about a better Voice Control app? Something like Siri or S Voice? I guess it's not really hard for BlackBerry to include this in the next 10.2 update?
    What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    07-21-13 09:40 PM
    I understand there are improvements for the stock Voice Control app coming. I'll try to find the link for the article or thread on here where it was discussed.

There is also the popular third party app, SayIt.
    07-21-13 09:44 PM
    I understand there are improvements for the stock Voice Control app coming. I'll try to find the link for the article or thread on here where it was discussed.

SayIt is the only good voice assistant out there but really pisses me off since BBOS version, it drains my battery and never really satisfies my needs

07-21-13 09:48 PM
    yeah the voice control is already undergoing development. People who installed the 10.2 leaks says it has improved , more like siri now not just basic answers and always referring you to the web . The official 10.2 is going to be a blast. Even new icons have been added to the camera, low light and panorama mode.
    07-21-13 09:48 PM
    Yep, I wonder if it's still gonna be robotic

07-21-13 09:52 PM
    I want a true, press and hold on the dial pad, speed dial feature!!!!! And for the default view to be the dialer when I open up the phone app!!!! And for the keyboard to pop up Automatically when opening up the contacts app!!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 11:18 PM
    I swear if i hear one more person downplay the importance of instagram of bb10....

Posted via CB10
    MrRJ, anon1727506 and energi25 like this.
    07-22-13 03:35 AM
    Instagram is popular, therefore important.

That said, BlackBerry needs to get OPEN VPN support on bb10 and fast. That is an oversight and shoddy that it isn't supported, especially with the loss of bis.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    Xenrip likes this.
    07-22-13 05:08 AM
    Sayit should be headless, and to auto detect when you're done talking, so it answers without haven't to press the button again. that way would be really good !!
    07-22-13 05:16 AM
    The major difference between the BlackBerry Voice Control and Siri/S Voice is that

BlackBerry Voice Control is a voice control, while

Siri/S-Voice/Google Now are virtual assistants.

That's a huge difference. BlackBerry Voice Control isn't supposed to tell you how long the Golden Gate Bridge is if you ask it, it is supposed to launch a "Golden Gate Bridge length" web search via a voice command.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 06:35 AM
    Disclaimer (necessary these days):
    This isn't meant to excuse the fact that BlackBerry doesn't offer a virtual assistant. At least BlackBerry doesn't pretend to have a virtual assistant.
    07-22-13 06:40 AM
    Why would I want to see what some ding bat ate for breakfast. Instagram may be liked by some, but don't think for a second that it is required or important to all.
    07-22-13 09:42 AM

Why can't BlackBerry buy SayIt and integrate that?
    With QNX, BlackBerry could have Voice Control to rival Silly (Siri) and Google Now combined.
    07-22-13 09:52 AM
    Instagram is popular, therefore important.

That said, BlackBerry needs to get OPEN VPN support on bb10 and fast. That is an oversight and shoddy that it isn't supported, especially with the loss of bis.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    Popular does NOT equal important and believe Instagram to be a waste of code.
    I do agree that BlackBerry needs Native Open VPN asap.
    07-22-13 09:55 AM
    The major difference between the BlackBerry Voice Control and Siri/S Voice is that

BlackBerry Voice Control is a voice control, while

Siri/S-Voice/Google Now are virtual assistants.

That's a huge difference. BlackBerry Voice Control isn't supposed to tell you how long the Golden Gate Bridge is if you ask it, it is supposed to launch a "Golden Gate Bridge length" web search via a voice command.

Posted via CB10
    Is it not Possible for BlackBerry to have Voice Control and Voice assistence? After all, that's what Google Voice/Google Now is.
    07-22-13 09:57 AM
    Instagram is crucial, it's like not having Facebook or Twitter. With that being said I could care less about it because I don't use it and I'm anxious to see BlackBerry version of Siri getting updated also.
    07-22-13 12:56 PM
    Instagram is not really important in Africa and Asia and even Europe, The only diehard Instagram users are more likely Americans, where no one really cares that much for getting a BlackBerry... So instagram is more likely a waste of money and time for BlackBerry, that's why instagram is on low priority! Even Netflix/Pandora/Spotify and such stuff are not accessible in other countries but US, therefore they are not really important

Sent from my White BlackBerry STL100-02 Z10 running 10.1.0.4543 on Etisalat using Tapatalk 2!
    07-22-13 01:09 PM
    VIKI The Personal Assistant is available in BlackBerry World for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 01:24 PM
    BB10 Users - (rounded up) - 3 Million

Instagram users - ~ 130 Million.

Which one seems to be more relevant in the market now? When trying to drive adoption, ignoring something that your competitors offer, and is important to a large part of the customers you NEED to start buying your product is plain foolish. Just because you don't use it, doesn't mean it's irrelevant.

Not to mention the fact that IG can be used for businesses, advertising, promotions, etc. All of which make people money.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    07-22-13 01:52 PM
    I'm running the .341 beta and it's vastly improved

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 01:56 PM
    BB10 Users - (rounded up) - 3 Million

Instagram users - ~ 130 Million.

Which one seems to be more relevant in the market now? When trying to drive adoption, ignoring something that your competitors offer, and is important to a large part of the customers you NEED to start buying your product is plain foolish. Just because you don't use it, doesn't mean it's irrelevant.

Not to mention the fact that IG can be used for businesses, advertising, promotions, etc. All of which make people money.
    You can spew out all the numbers you want, but to say it is required is misleading. That being said, contact the developer and make your arguments with them as to why it is required. Bet they change their stance then and there and get their entire development team working on a platform with a potential of 1.5% user base.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483, pin:2AC9A2F5
    07-22-13 02:05 PM
    The most needed improvement to Voice Control for 10.2:

Paul Bettany
    07-22-13 02:11 PM
    Is it not Possible for BlackBerry to have Voice Control and Voice assistence? After all, that's what Google Voice/Google Now is.
    All is possible. But a virtual assistant with the quality of Google Now requires much more money, time, effort and knowhow than a voice control. Google Now or Siri aren't coded within a day and can't be coded and executed by everyone. Those are really advanced technologies, which is why it isn't very easy for BBRY to implement such a service at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 02:18 PM
    You can spew out all the numbers you want, but to say it is required is misleading. That being said, contact the developer and make your arguments with them as to why it is required. Bet they change their stance then and there and get their entire development team working on a platform with a potential of 1.5% user base.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483, pin:2AC9A2F5
    I don't need to contact devs, my current platform of choice already has the apps I need. And while you guys dig your heels in against making BB10 as vaible as it could be by ignoring things that are driving sales in the industry, its just going to look like a repeat of BB history.

And it's not required for the app makers, but for BB. If they can't find a way to get these apps available, they're only going to keep losing marketshare.
    07-22-13 02:34 PM
    No wonder why IG gets 130 million users.... Well its FREE!

Sent from my White BlackBerry STL100-02 Z10 running 10.1.0.4543 on Etisalat using Tapatalk 2!
    07-22-13 09:06 PM