Just curious to know if I'm the only one still waiting for BlackBerry to release a proper physical keyboard device. No, not a slider like the PRIV but an actually successor to the BlackBerry Classic/Bold series of devices. Maybe I'm one in a million but I absolute do not like the style of keyboard used on the PRIV, which originally came from the Passport. I've used a number of PKB devices but those that I've used longer than one year, I have in an image below:

This is a signature image I use on a different forum. As you can see, I really like PKB devices as 5 of the 10 smartphones had keyboards. I personally think they're great especially for those of us that do a lot of text entry. I pretty much started to pull away from BlackBerry once I got a taste of the iPhone with the 3GS, over time I then got the Bold 9900 (pinnacle of BlackBerry devices, IMO) but still dual wielded until the iPhone 6 Plus. Now I did have a Q10 and a Classic, but these were brief moments of about 1-2 months. The Q10 I didn't like because of no trackpad but the Classic was great but by this time, BlackBerry took way too long to release the thing and the app situation was even worse.

When BlackBerry was going Android, I had really hoped that we would something in the Classic design, just with a taller screen and maybe bigger battery. Unfortunately we got the PRIV; as you can seem in my image signature above, I had the PRIV in the green square to indicate that would be my next device. That never happened. As much as I so wanted a PKB device from BlackBerry running software that would offer a great app library, I just couldn't get the slider. Never liked them, even from the BB-Torch days, always hated them. To me, that was not a BlackBerry, a BlackBerry had the keyboard always readily available for you to type at will. Not slide up the screen and start typing.

So, here I am, still waiting for BlackBerry to just do what they did best and release a PKB device but of course it will be running Android but hopefully it won't have a square screen and it won't be a slider. Can they just pick one of these reference designs below and make it happen?

07-03-16 10:40 AM
    You're definitely not the only one. I have a Q10. Its been amazing. Quite honest, I'm gonna keep this thing as long as it works. Like you, I've been waiting for a long time for a new PKB device. Hopefully soon.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    07-03-16 10:51 AM
    I don't think you're alone. It will be interesting to see the upcoming Blackberry Android offerings, one of which is supposed to have a PKB (I hate sliders also) and how it will do sales wise.
    07-03-16 11:27 AM
    unfortunately as per rumours the vienna or the mercury isn't going to have flagship specs. Actually I m only concerned about the processor (the 625). But then, just a rumour. Lets see what happens.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    07-03-16 12:08 PM
    With the impending loss of WhatsApp I am looking with greater and greater interest in the priv but it's bulk (ironic since I'm using a passport) is making me unsure but the phone rendered in the bottom picture would be my choice if it wasn't too tall that is.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 01:16 PM
    unfortunately as per rumours the vienna or the mercury isn't going to have flagship specs. Actually I m only concerned about the processor (the 625). But then, just a rumour. Lets see what happens.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Specs alone prevent me from considering this phone.

Posted one-handed via Priv
    07-03-16 01:31 PM
    Lots of people would love to see something like the Classic/Bold with Android.. That tall Q10 is funny as hell but I would buy it xD.. I like the one in the 3rd pic the most, Hopefully the Rome will look like it.
    07-03-16 01:48 PM
    The Passport SE!

  
    07-04-16 10:30 AM
    My worry is that once again BlackBerry will price a pkb phone too high. I get that they will sell few of them so they need good margins. My university aged daughter wants to replace her Q10; if BlackBerry prices the thing like the Priv it'll probably be out of her reach.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 10:51 AM
    I agree: the Bold 9900 is probably the best device that has ever hit the mobile market for work purposes. The Q10 is a great experience but it's hard getting over the loss of the track pad. The Passport is awesome but just too big so I moved to a P'9983 Graphite - the Q10 experience in a damn-sexy outfit.
    I'm not the mobile pro but based on what I've read PKB's are almost useless on Android devices. I'm holding on to the P'9983 and BB10 till at least 2020.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by christopherk67; 07-04-16 at 02:16 PM.
    07-04-16 12:39 PM
    I'm not the mobile pro but based on what I've read PKB's are almost useless on Android devices.
    [citation needed]

Also, you might find a picture of the very first commercially-available Android phone interesting:

Am I The Only One Still Waiting?-17mbtx34r69zkjpg.jpg
    07-04-16 04:15 PM
    Lots of people would love to see something like the Classic/Bold with Android.. That tall Q10 is funny as hell but I would buy it xD.. I like the one in the 3rd pic the most, Hopefully the Rome will look like it.
    This... instead of Priv...! :-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    07-04-16 05:08 PM
    Yes, you're the only one waiting. LOL! I hope you have a good sense of humor. I'm really just kidding.

"It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you."
    07-04-16 06:02 PM
    I'm with you. As an end user, I'm definitely looking forward to an Android device with a high quality (9900 quality) keyboard.

My only concern is overall height, but hopefully it isn't too bad.

As a minor shareholder and follower of the company, though, I still have my concerns about what the new devices will do to the company. But that's a different issue.
    07-04-16 06:18 PM
    Yes, you're the only one waiting. LOL! I hope you have a good sense of humor. I'm really just kidding.

"It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you."
    I am waiting for a new device with a pkb so he ain't the only one
    Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 06:35 PM
    I'm waiting! Need one by Christmas, since Whatsapp is going.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 05:30 PM
    Waiting for the pkb android device....gonna rock my z30 until then or switch over to my android test device (nexus 5) until the new device comes out. Think i've given full-touch a good run and want to get back to my keyboard roots.

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    07-26-16 09:31 PM
    BB10 is coming....

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 12:53 AM
    BB10 is coming....

Posted via CB10
    TWSS
    07-31-16 12:55 AM
    I find the elongated Q10 a bit weird looking. Lol.. On the other hand, the Z30 looks okay.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 12:57 AM
    TWSS
    She left disappointed too.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    Uzi likes this.
    07-31-16 08:28 AM
    This one is rather good, It was posted on CrackBerry before.. based on the Priv of course:

Am I The Only One Still Waiting?-13774687_1583345135293018_1344061553_n.jpg
    07-31-16 10:41 AM