First off I paid cash for my phone with tax it was $490. I returned the first one cause the chrome siding came loose twice on the left side ( I think this has to do with using the usb charger, so I ordered a cradle). So I took it back and got another phone. Now this second phone the little plate where it says T-mobile on it under the key board is wobbly. Its really not bad but when you touch it, it wiggles around a little and I actually heard it rattle when I pulled it out of my pocket today.
    For $490 I expect everything to be tight and perfect especially right out of the box, even though it might seem minor. Am I being too picky here? I going feel like an a** returning another phone one day later. But its my money right and I want a mint perfect out of the box phone. Would you take it back cause of what I described?
    10-04-10 03:40 PM
    For $490.00, you need to be satisfied with your purchase. As you are asking us here I would say that you are not satisfied. If you can still take it back then do so. You may not be able to live with yourself if you don't.
    10-04-10 03:45 PM
    True I just feel like such a **** about it like they going look at me like "you got be kidding" but ya its going eat away at me and bother me if I don't I guess. I am just that kinda person I am going to think about it all the time lol.
    10-04-10 03:49 PM
    I would have to agree with you Matt, when i bought my 9700, the day it came out November 15th, 2009. I paid 500.00+ tax. I went through 3 phone, before i left the store before i found one i was happy with. Paying Full price for a phone gives the Carrier store "bonus points" and helps with their end profit. I would HIGHLY suggest not stopping to you get the phone you are happy with.
    10-04-10 03:51 PM
    Agree with all of the above. Full price should = Full satisfaction. Don't stop till they get it right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 04:39 PM
    Taking a slightly different view given the things I have seen people complain
    about I'd have to say you are being a bit nit-picky.

If it does not affect the functionality of the device I could not care less.
    10-04-10 06:00 PM
    Its YOUR money....never settle til you're satisfied with your purchase.

10-04-10 06:25 PM
    honestly, it's your money, you should get it right.

But if you're returning it for the most minute thing...well...

Likewise, I'll understand if you return it if there's a huge whole in the center.
    10-04-10 08:02 PM
    honestly, it's your money, you should get it right.

But if you're returning it for the most minute thing...well...

Likewise, I'll understand if you return it if there's a huge whole in the center.
    Regardless of how minute it is...it still comes down to your content and satisfaction. As long as YOU didn't cause the damage there is no excuse to just "accept" something that you aren't content with.

They don't put return policies on the back of reciepts for no reason. And if whoever you have to deal with again has a problem then that's their business. Maybe they're having a bad day. Just be polite and explain and if they get annoyed its on them. maybe they'll have a better day tomoRrow.

10-04-10 08:11 PM
    Even if you didn't pay full price I would take it back. Your "paying" by signing a contract for 2 whole years. I've had to go thru a few berry's before I finally got the right one and I didn't pay full price. The QC just isn't there and there is so many choices of where to spend your $$$.

Last edited by sampberry; 10-04-10 at 10:10 PM.
    10-04-10 10:07 PM
    Update on the return. So I took it back you guys are right I shouldnt just accept it, and for $500 I am going to be picky its my phone right. Also I did notice the wobble of the panel about an hour after I had it but I was like eh, I going put a otter box commuter case on it anyways. But then when I picked my phone up earlier and heard the panel "rattle" that was to much for that kinda money keys rattling right out of the box is unacceptable.
    The guy said he was going to charge me $10 restocking fee and I said umm no, I not going to pay to replace an out of the box phone that isnt right. He finally gave in. But ya the Quality control isnt there as much any more I think. I really hope RIM gets it together. I love my berry.
    10-04-10 11:10 PM
    I'm under a contract with rogers for my blackberry 9300, paid $50 for the phone on a 3 year term and I still expect the device to be in perfect shape.
    10-04-10 11:45 PM
    You have every right to be picky about what you buy. If an item is sub-par in quality standards (regardless of what it is), the seller should compensate the buying by lowering the price. If that cannot be done, then a "better condition" same item should be provided for the buyer. It's only fair.
    10-04-10 11:59 PM
    I went through 4-5 9700s in about 2 weeks when it first came out for AT&T. I stopped after 5 because I got tired of trying to find one that was made with quality. Good luck finding one and don't stop until you are satisfied or fed up lol.
    10-05-10 09:08 AM
    Just out of curiosity, where are blackberrys manufactured?

10-05-10 09:34 AM
    Just out of curiosity, where are blackberrys manufactured?

Canada, Mexico and Hungary are the only locations I know of.
    10-05-10 09:39 AM
    My 9700 came from Mexico. I remember when they first came out we had a similar thread here about the quality build of the units. Mine was perfect hardware wise as were most of the ones made in Mexico. I do remember there being quality control issues on the units built elsewhere. People kept returning them for one problem or another. I would have done the same thing too.

10-05-10 09:55 AM
    Lol. Did you see the new family guy about products made in usa?(They all fall apart )

10-05-10 03:13 PM
    You have the right to have it be to your satisfaction no matter the price paid. Just be nice when you go back. ANd I would inspect it before activating it making sure it is to your liking
    Good luck

10-05-10 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD