Ok for the past couple months I've been having to reinstall desktop manager otherwise my devices (playbook 32gb / torch 9810) would not connect to it. The to devices work fine as a usb drive/sd card but the manager wouldn't show as connected.

I've been using desktop manager 6.1, 7.0, and now 7.1 and still after I restart my computer i would still need to reinstall it. I'm pretty annoyed about it at this point, anyone else facing similar problems or have a solution? much appreciated.
    05-28-12 08:53 PM
    That is an unusual issue. DM is working fine for me and I do the same thing I manage but a BB phone and a PB tablet.
    05-28-12 09:01 PM
    What OS are you running on your computer?
    05-28-12 09:04 PM
    What OS are you running on your computer?
    windows 7 64bit
    05-28-12 09:18 PM
    win7 has to have the updated drivers and you have to install as the administrator.

When you have Desktop software up.... look down in your system tray and click on the DEVICE manager and click update drivers..
    I may be missing a step, but that's what I had to do with mine.

I have both a XP and Win7 laptops. I had no problem on the XP, but with the Win7 I did.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 05-28-12 at 09:31 PM.
    05-28-12 09:28 PM
    win7 has to have the updated drivers and you have to install as the administrator.

When you have Desktop software up.... look down in your system tray and click on the DEVICE manager and click update drivers..
    I may be missing a step, but that's what I had to do with mine.

I have both a XP and Win7 laptops. I had no problem on the XP, but with the Win7 I did.
    what system tray are you talking about .____. I'm on the device manager from the properties of my computer but I dont see desktop manager?
    05-30-12 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD