Hi,

Due to a mix up with vodafone I've managed to run up a �750 bill over several months on me and my partner's handsets. As a result we are currently on incoming only, which is a bit grim as I cannot afford to pay the bill for another week.

The problem is, I installed the .282 OS for my Bold just moments after being put on incoming only, and now it appears I have no way of registering on the network. So, while my partner can use BBM and recieve emails, my phone can do nothing aside from hotspot browsing, as it can't register with the network - can this not be done via WiFi? Or something?

Any help would be much appreciated, It'd be really useful to have email and BBM for the coming week.

Thanks

Dave
    10-06-09 02:48 AM
    Try turning off your Mobile radio while you have WiFi reception and try registering then...? Seems to work for me, but my account isn't blocked...
    10-06-09 03:15 AM
    Hi,

Due to a mix up with vodafone I've managed to run up a �750 bill over several months on me and my partner's handsets. As a result we are currently on incoming only, which is a bit grim as I cannot afford to pay the bill for another week.

The problem is, I installed the .282 OS for my Bold just moments after being put on incoming only, and now it appears I have no way of registering on the network. So, while my partner can use BBM and recieve emails, my phone can do nothing aside from hotspot browsing, as it can't register with the network - can this not be done via WiFi? Or something?

Any help would be much appreciated, It'd be really useful to have email and BBM for the coming week.

Thanks

Dave
    Options>Advanced>Host Routing Tables>Register then log into your carriers BIS site and resend service books and do a pull. Are you saying that you did that and it is not working?
    10-06-09 03:17 AM
    Thank for the replies.

I get a message that reads: "Registration message queued. It will be sent once data coverage is available"

Looks like it's a no go?
    10-06-09 03:56 AM
    Yeah, unfortunately, it looks like Voda locked down your BIS upstream completely.
    You'll just have to wait.
    10-06-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD