I would like to be able to go back and forth between by 9550 and my 9630.

What are some tips and tricks for the best ways of doing this?

Also, what are some of the negatives of this? I want to make sure that this won't screw up my syncing with Outlook calendar and contacts as well as syncing with my Google Calendar.

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.
    01-27-10 06:26 AM
    Is there anybody out there already doing this?
    01-27-10 11:26 AM
    If you are with VZWthen you will have to call and have them activate the phone evertime you want to switch, unlike GSM devices you can switch out SIM cards and then the device will work. Sounds like a big hassle to me.
    01-27-10 11:28 AM
    VZW has an automated system for switching that is pretty easy. I'm more interested in the BB specific ways that people are organizing their data to make alternating easier.
    01-27-10 11:30 AM
    Use the device switch wizard on DM
    01-27-10 11:33 AM
    VZW has an automated system for switching that is pretty easy. I'm more interested in the BB specific ways that people are organizing their data to make alternating easier.
    Can you give me some more information regarding the automated system that makes switching easy? I was thinking about picking up a Storm of some sort just as a play around phone and I was curious about switching from device to device. Thanks!
    01-27-10 11:42 AM
    You just do *228 from the new phone to activate it. My experience has been that its easy.
    01-27-10 11:43 AM
    True, but doesn't the new IMEI number have to be referenced somewhere on your Verizon account? I mean, you can't just pick up a new Verizon phone, open the box, dial *228 and it automatically knows what account to tie itself to... Wouldn't you have to call Verizon, change the IMEI number, then dial *228 to activate?
    01-27-10 12:50 PM
    I do it all the time.. On Verizons site just choose activate my phone and follow the directions.. Piece of cake. Typing this on my Storm2 while my Tour lies in wait at home..JK

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 03:01 PM
    I do it all the time.. On Verizons site just choose activate my phone and follow the directions.. Piece of cake. Typing this on my Storm2 while my Tour lies in wait at home..JK

What other things do you do to make this easy? Do you have to redo your email settings each time?
    Do you use Google sync for calendars?

Thanks for the help!

01-27-10 04:14 PM
    to the OP which phone do you like better the storm 2 or the tour???
    01-27-10 04:30 PM
    I like my Storm 2 better overall, but the Your with its full keyboard can make it easier to "get things done" more quickly throughout the workday.

so, there must be a bunch of people that switch back and forth between two phones. ????

01-28-10 09:05 AM
    This is something I've been considering doing for some time now. I love my tour but would like a storm to play around on every now and then, I figured it wouldn't b a complicated procedure and glad to see it is as simple as I thought!

01-28-10 11:23 AM
    Hi

I am in the uk so use gsm devices but i have several bb"s and swap between them.Over here you sign onto the carriers bis site,re-enter the pin and emi number of the device you want to use and resend service books and the job is done.
    One thing i would say is to regularly do a local and remote back up of your bbm contacts and groups.Also when your e mail accounts are registered on the device you only get mails from then onwards,you cannot see mail from the previous device and the same when you swap over again.

After new device is registered use switch wizard on dm to transferr all contacts etc across to new handset.Would recommend regular dm back ups also to ensure no loss of new data prior to using the switch wizard.

Highlander
    01-29-10 02:15 PM
    I switch phones every 3-4 days. I have an 8830 WE I use when I go to work and my 8330 Curve as my primary phone. When I'm ready to switch, I do a back-up through DM. Shut off the phone. Turn on the other one. Dial *228 > option 3. It will activate the phone. Do a Quick Pull. When the phone powers up, go to the BIS website and switch the PIN. That gets the e-mail addresses sent to the current phone. Hook up the phone to DM and sync over only specific info from my last back-up (calendar, messages, sms, phone book if needed).
    01-29-10 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD