Today for some reason - all of a sudden - I cannot press the Alt OR Shift keys with another key.

For example - to make a capital "a" I would always press Shift and a at the same time and I would get "A"

To type a symbol or number, I'd always press the Alt key and whatever key was appropriate.

Now - when I try to do either, I have to push the Shift key FIRST and then the letter. Or the Alt key FIRST and then the other key.

It's like something has gotten changed and I can't figure out what. It's driving me crazy.

Can someone help me???

Many thanks!
    Amy
    11-15-07 12:27 PM
    You can type caps by holding the letter keys down a hair longer, without using the Shift key at all.

I'd pull the battery and see if that doesn't fix it right up. Oddball interface issues like that can usually be resolved by a battpull.
    11-15-07 12:30 PM
    Still thinking about the possible cause, though under normal circumstances to capitalize letters it is quicker to just to hold the letter key down so that the letter goes into capitals
    11-15-07 12:34 PM
    Pullling the battery worked - thanks so much.

I'm still a newbie. I didn't even know you could hold the letter down. I feel like a dummy!!

Thanks again - you all are a terrific resource!

Amy
    11-15-07 02:58 PM
    Holding the letter down for caps. Grrrrrrrrrrrreat, with my fat fingers that will be a whole lot easier than trying to press the shift and letter key. Thank you!
    11-15-07 03:10 PM
    Welcome "Blackburrry33", that's the beauty of it around here, you can be a newbie or have been around for months and still learn new things everyday. So ask all the questions that you have....
    Enjoy your curve..
    11-15-07 03:13 PM
    well so far I have got no help with my question.
    maybe because I am new someone please help me with,battery pull instructions.
    11-15-07 05:04 PM
    Remove battery door.

Remove battery.

Count to ten.

Insert battery.

Replace door.

Happy happy happy.

- db

This solves a ridiculous number of silly little problems on blackberrys...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-07 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD