This question has probably been asked before but I am new to cb so please forgive me.

I currently have a bb curve 8900 on a yearly contract with Vodafone UK however I have recently travelled abroad and couldn't resist buying a bb tour 9630 (handset only)

All I would like to know is: when I return to the UK and put my sim card into my new tour, will everything work as normal? bbm, internet, email etc? or do I have to re-activate the handset or something?

All of your help and advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    09-04-09 06:02 AM
    The tour is a CDMA handset. Where do you plan to put your GSM SIM?
    09-04-09 06:15 AM
    The tour is a CDMA handset. Where do you plan to put your GSM SIM?
    I bought the Tour 9630 in Thailand, it is unlocked and I'm already using it here with my Thai GSM simcard on a pre-pay plan which includes bb services.
    09-04-09 06:20 AM
    I didn't realise the Tour was a World phone. I've ignored it really due to it not being in the UK.

You should be able to just put your Vodafone SIM in and then have your service books sent. Might want to do the whole Host Routing Tables bit again and you should be good to go.

Failing that, just call Vodafone and say you have bought a replacement BB. Tell them it's an 8900, so they don't freak out.
    09-04-09 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD