So, it has been almost 2 months. One maintenance update was released at (almost) one month mark. So, are we going to see a new update soon within couple of weeks (at 2 month mark)? Is it going to be a major update (like 10.1) or a minor one (10.0.xx)?

I think Q10 goes on sale in Canada in May. So, I am wondering if we'll have to wait until May for another update?

I wonder if we'll get announced apps like Skype soon or only with a major update (since major update is rumored to also upgrade Android runtime to Jelly Bean).
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 03-26-13 at 11:42 AM.
    03-26-13 10:48 AM
    I read people say there is supposed to be one around Q10 launch.
    jessen62 likes this.
    03-26-13 11:37 AM
    The 10.1 update is supposed to bring physical keyboard functionality but nothing else major.

I hope Skype and jelly bean come out before that.

On a side note though, where do yiu guys stand on the frequency of updates? Should we be "Expecting" incremental updates each month? Or is a major update once every 6 months something you'd prefer?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 12:28 PM
    I think that being a brand new platform with LOTS of growing to do, they should be pushing updates as frequently as possible for awhile to fix bugs and fill in missing functionality (and there's plenty of both). As this happens, updates will be needed less frequently and can start approaching every 4-6 months.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    03-26-13 12:34 PM
    I'd like to see cadence of 3-4 weeks for updates. Two incremental updates and then a major update.
    For eg:
    • Week 3: incremental update 1
    • Week 6: incremental update 2
    • Week 9: major update 1
    • Week 12: incremental update 3
    • Week 15: incremental update 4
    • Week 18: major update 2

Incremental update = bug fixes, speed /UI fixes, minor or urgent feature update, app updates
    Major update = major changes, changes to core/kernel, major feature updates, major app updates.

Also, I'd like to see them pushing "top requested" features with every update. If they commit to implementing top 2 most-requested features with every update. They'd have implemented top 10 most-requested features in just 5 updates!

They can figure out what are most-requested features by polling users on their official forums and reading CrackBerry forums etc.

I'd also like them to announce what features they'll be pushing out in a roadmap of sorts. They do announce a rough roadmap on their developer site but it's not well maintained. Eg: they don't specify everything there. They also do not specify where exactly is it in roadmap. Is it for next month? next 2 months? next year? when exactly?
    amjass12 likes this.
    03-26-13 01:13 PM
    Why does everyone think that Skype will require the Jelly bean update?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 01:17 PM
    I'd like to see cadence of 3-4 weeks for updates. Two incremental updates and then a major update.
    For eg:
    • Week 3: incremental update 1
    • Week 6: incremental update 2
    • Week 9: major update 1
    • Week 12: incremental update 3
    • Week 15: incremental update 4
    • Week 18: major update 2

Incremental update = bug fixes, speed /UI fixes, minor or urgent feature update, app updates
    Major update = major changes, changes to core/kernel, major feature updates, major app updates.

Also, I'd like to see them pushing "top requested" features with every update. If they commit to implementing top 2 most-requested features with every update. They'd have implemented top 10 most-requested features in just 5 updates!

They can figure out what are most-requested features by polling users on their official forums and reading CrackBerry forums etc.

I'd also like them to announce what features they'll be pushing out in a roadmap of sorts. They do announce a rough roadmap on their developer site but it's not well maintained. Eg: they don't specify everything there. They also do not specify where exactly is it in roadmap. Is it for next month? next 2 months? next year? when exactly?
    What are you hoping for in these updates??
    03-26-13 01:19 PM
    What are you hoping for in these updates??
    Umm.. I defined my expectations for incremental and major updates in my post already. What specifically? well, that's for BBRY to decide/plan. But there are tons of feature requests from end-users and I am sure from their enterprise users as well. Then, there are also probably tons of requests from developers. There is no dearth of work as such.
    03-26-13 01:39 PM
    I would rather see updates released when they are ready as opposed to having a schedule.... look how well this worked for the last number of rushed Apple patches... still can have the lock screen....
    03-26-13 01:40 PM
    prolly next major update at bb world: May! probably when you'll see more apps as well. feels like the PB all over again!
    03-26-13 04:19 PM
    The skype rumor was started at N4BB apparently. The type and go feature of 10.1 looks pretty cool. I'm sure BBRY has a nice schedule for planned updates on BB 10.
    03-26-13 04:51 PM
    So, it has been almost 2 months. One maintenance update was released at (almost) one month mark. So, are we going to see a new update soon within couple of weeks (at 2 month mark)? Is it going to be a major update (like 10.1) or a minor one (10.0.xx)?
    There will be no major update to BlackBerry OS 10 until at least the autumn. I expect BlackBerry Bridge to remain a crippled shadow of its previous incarnation indefinitely. Heins is focusing on his vision of a mobile computing platform instead of the products already on the market and in the hands of users and potential users. Some claimed Mike and Jim had their heads buried in the ground. I posit that the current chief executive officer, Thorsten Heins, has his head in the clouds (not to be confused with cloud services), literally not figuratively.
    Clinto likes this.
    03-26-13 05:06 PM
    The skype rumor was started at N4BB apparently.
    Well, unless they provide a valid source, they are wrong.
    No one from Skype, or BlackBerry has stated this and believe me, they would.
    A figure from BB already stated the Jelly Bean update will not be included in 10.1...
    03-26-13 07:24 PM