I have run the fix to get my GPS unlocked and it worked for several months, however, it stopped working over the past couple weeks. I am on Alltel using a Curve 8330 (OS v4.5.0.127). A friend of mine using the same unlock method experienced this problem at the same time. Does anyone have an idea what may have happened and what to do to fix it?
    07-05-09 11:04 PM
    There is something wrong with .127, upgrade to Sprint's .131 and your GPS will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xliderider; 07-06-09 at 12:01 AM.
    07-05-09 11:50 PM
    Or the .160... Mine works, no "fix" needed.

07-06-09 12:07 AM
    Thank you for the suggestions! I upgraded to 160 and everything fired up quickly!!! Also, able to download Pandora, which I have struggled with for a month now! Thanks again!!!
    07-06-09 12:22 AM
    Yeah, .127 was an AWFUL version.
    07-06-09 07:33 AM
    I had the same exact problem. I ran the fix months ago and it was working great. However one day my phone went nuts and had to reset. Ever since then it wasn't working. Redid all the fix, even updated the OS but still nothing. Turns out that AmazeGPS was engaging the GPS chip and wasn't letting go of it. After I went into AmazeGPS and exited properly using their menus, instead of just hitting escape (which also closes it), the GPS was then working again in BBmaps and blackstar etc.

So if you have AmazeGPS there seems to be a conflict if you don't exit properly.

I realize this probably doesn't pertain to everyone but thought I would post in case someone does run into the same problem.
    07-11-09 01:52 PM
    I'm using 4.5.0.160 and my gps will not work and I've tried the fix. I don't have google maps or amaze gps, just trying to use bbmaps, and it did work at one time for me.
    07-19-09 02:12 AM
    I had the same issues as hellkatz. Did all the fixes and tricks. Read about a free gps program (life in pocket ) some usefull things in the app. Does have gps/nav. feature. My bb gps was not working at the time. Downloaded the program and all works great now. Am running 160 on a bb8330m. Just left the app installed and hidden and use mostly bbmaps. Allso made google maps locate me a lot closer but not spot on. Just goggle lifeinpocket and try it! Don,t cost ya nuthin but time.

07-31-09 05:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD