The guy who filmed the original Wake Up protests comes clean. His comments are funny and so true....

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAUawDGycCU&src_vid=Ldq2tNLRDwA&feature=iv &annotation_id=annotation_847643[/YT]
    joski, Alex_Hong, tjseaman and 1 others like this.
    05-06-12 05:50 AM
    Man, this guy is pretty funny! Does he have a blog or something?!
    Last edited by joski; 05-06-12 at 09:41 AM.
    05-06-12 09:37 AM
    This is absolutely hilarious. Love it - thanks for posting!
    05-06-12 09:41 AM
    Hahah he could kept talking for hours funny.
    05-06-12 09:47 AM
    what am i watching?
    05-06-12 09:49 AM
    PS. This guy is good - got me watching his video. I normally wouldn't watch s**t like this (especially 11 mins worth) but his delivery was great!
    05-06-12 09:52 AM
    Blunty rules! He had the ultimate Playbook video review and now this.
    05-06-12 09:53 AM
    what am i watching?
    Blunty (Nate Burr) is an Australian Technology Blogger/reviewer/photographer

He has a youtube channel and various blogs and stuff. He's sometimes funny. Great reviews on cameras and accessories.

He was slightly involved with the Wake Up flash protest held by Rim Australia. This video was him explaining what was going on.

Also really, really well known for doing Lego stop animations.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 05-06-12 at 10:03 AM.
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    05-06-12 10:01 AM
    "Colossal morons and trolls, back biting little bitches".

Umm, doesn't or didn't this guy work for RIM? He obviously has contact with RIM seeing as he "presented" the original video so he obviously had some insider knowledge of RIM au plans.

Not the best way to earn the medias respect. RIM are stupid.
    05-06-12 11:41 AM
    "Colossal morons and trolls, back biting little bitches".

Umm, doesn't or didn't this guy work for RIM? He obviously has contact with RIM seeing as he "presented" the original video so he obviously had some insider knowledge of RIM au plans.

Not the best way to earn the medias respect. RIM are stupid.
    I could have sworn he said he didn't work for RIM in the video.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-06-12 11:43 AM
    He did say he was approached by RIM to work on this campaign so he's speaking on behalf of rim if you ask me. He's insulting pretty much everybody he can after being asked by rim to cover this "campaign". Not the smartest move. If rim don't issue a statement distancing themselves from his comments I foresee quite a backlash.
    05-06-12 11:49 AM
    He did say he was approached by RIM to work on this campaign so he's speaking on behalf of rim if you ask me. He's insulting pretty much everybody he can after being asked by rim to cover this "campaign". Not the smartest move. If rim don't issue a statement distancing themselves from his comments I foresee quite a backlash.
    In my opinion, being contracted by someone doesn't mean you are tied to them.

From my limited understanding, Blunty was used before, and I guess RIM liked his methods. Also, Blunty mentioned that there others contracted to cover the event too.

As for a backlash, really? RIM can't do anything right in the media's eyes anyway.

tjseaman likes this.
    05-06-12 11:57 AM
    In my opinion, being contracted by someone doesn't mean you are tied to them.

From my limited understanding, Blunty was used before, and I guess RIM liked his methods. Also, Blunty mentioned that there others contracted to cover the event too.

As for a backlash, really? RIM can't do anything right in the media's eyes anyway.

At the very least they need to make it clear that this moron doesn't speak on their behalf even tho they "approached" him for the campaign.
    05-06-12 11:59 AM
    Like it or not, he made some good points about how people just love to jump to conclusions without taking the time to check the facts.
    05-06-12 12:35 PM
    Like it or not, he made some good points about how people just love to jump to conclusions without taking the time to check the facts.
    That he did. Don't you think the general assumption will now be that as he represented rim, at their request, on the first video that he is probably representing them on this new video. Rim have to get in front of this and avoid that claim if he really is only speaking for himself.
    dusdal and sputneek like this.
    05-06-12 12:51 PM
    You would have to be fully awake to get the message. Very interesting social experiment if you ask me. Appears to be just a harmless little "broken phone" ploy, by a company in the phone biz.
    Last edited by BlackStormRising; 05-06-12 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Felt like it.
    05-06-12 01:19 PM
    That he did. Don't you think the general assumption will now be that as he represented rim, at their request, on the first video that he is probably representing them on this new video. Rim have to get in front of this and avoid that claim if he really is only speaking for himself.
    If all the references Blunty made to himself acting on his own behalf, and saying he didn't care how people perceived him isn't enough to get people to realize he speaks for himself, then RIM making a statement won't change people's minds.

The fact you called RIM stupid instead of Blunty kind of proves this.

At the risk of offending yourself and others, the only people that would be insulted by the reference to "haters, trolls..." would be the people that fall into this general category. And yes, haters and trolls can be found in all camps; BB, iOS, Android, WP....

05-06-12 01:31 PM
    NO ONE FACT CHECKS FOR THEMSELVES!

I like this guy...
    any chance RIM hires him?
    05-06-12 01:48 PM
    Great post! Thanks for sharing.
    05-06-12 02:03 PM
    And that's all he did and he is right. I don't find anything in that video that reflects badly upon RIM. I think he was pretty careful about that. If anything derogatory comes of this, it will be from all the same bloggers that he was "calling out". As for the stunt itself, I think it worked as intended. Just a harmless flash mob prank, a popular thing nowadays, no biggie Just creating another buzz......
    05-06-12 02:14 PM
    You do realise that you are splitting hairs with that line of thought...
    05-06-12 02:21 PM
    However, RIM is still stuck in 2005. SMH!
    05-06-12 02:27 PM
    However, RIM is still stuck in 2005. SMH!
    By the same token, you (and Apple) are stuck in 2007. SMH!
    05-06-12 02:37 PM
    RIM has admitted to this random act of marketing. You did read the Crackberry forums didn't you?

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-store-720823/
    http://crackberry.com/wake-be-bold-b...site-goes-live
    05-06-12 02:44 PM
    I could have sworn he said he didn't work for RIM in the video.

I can ratify.
    +1

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-06-12 04:25 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD