There's a trillion posts about the past and future of BB. I will tell you that the troubles with BB started (for whatever reason, conspiracy by Apple and Google perhaps compounded by the originals failure to change) when the cellualar providers stopped carrying BB phones. It seemed to hit a wall with the Playbook. With everyone selling it seemingly bending over backwards to ignore it, to not train sales, to simply put it out there and watch it die.

Here is the key, unless BB can get their phones back to all Cellular providers and get as much attention as all the others. BB hardware will die!

It has to more than ATT! Whatever the secret is to getting the Cellular Providers to treat BB with the same determination to sell BB, instead of letting their kids who sell, to tell customers asking about BB phone, saying Oh No, you don't want them, they are going out of business, let my show you an iPhone or a Samsung. Do sells people get more pay for selling specific phones?? Did they at one time?? Then BB has to set a price that will motivate the floor sells person to push BB! Do they have to give Cellular kick backs off everything that sells on bb phones that they sell? I don't know. I do highly suspect that the original BB Management seems to simply roll into a comatose quivering ball instead of what needed to be done.

BB has to compete against Samsung, and the only way to do that is have phones running android and I personally hope that these android phones can also run bb 10 if u choose it over Android. Let them default to Android, I don't care, I can wipe and install BB OS 10.3.3 as I'm sure most of you can too.

Bottom line, BB has to get all the carriers to sell the Priv and at same time! If that doesn't happen then it will just be a matter of time. There's no time to waste, I remember having to wait for a BB to come to a certain carrier. That's BS and can't happen now, if Priv just sells through ATT and others have to wait for their carrier, or an unlocked version, it will too late, the promotion has to be all encompassing and at once! By the time it gets to others carriers it will be considered old and others who wanted to wait will get absorbed by Samsung!
    howards likes this.
    09-28-15 05:47 PM
    One trillion and one

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    09-28-15 05:53 PM
    The problem started because the BlackBerry Storm was a horrible phone that was advertised like crazy. I mean I bought that phone day 1 and it was just ****! It got better slowly with OS updates, but barely scratched the "usable " point.

It was so freaking bad that everyone who got one that I know has to this day never used another BlackBerry.

I upgraded to the storm2 and I mean what a difference, it was a fantastic phone, way ahead of the iphone, but too late! The damage was done!

Same thing with bb10. 10.1 was basically unusable.

The BLACKBERRY STORM KILLED BLACKBERRY'S REP! Plain and simple. It was not ready and whoever made the decision to release it the way it was is the sole person responsible for BlackBerry's fall from grace.

I don't know how any competent person could have picked that steaming pile of crap up and said "hey, you know what? This things good to go", then drop mad $$$ advertising it.

Posted via CB10
    dusanvn and timberdc like this.
    09-28-15 05:58 PM
    And now we start the who cycle again with the Priv.
    09-29-15 03:41 AM
    I agree, carriers must be on board, ALL carriers, WORLDWIDE. Phones out on display, with signage in stores. Sales people trained to push them too. They really need to push the hell out of this PRIV for any chance of great sales. But will never happen, and BlackBerry will die a slow painful death.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    09-29-15 04:12 AM
    Really? Conspiracies? That's what we're blaming now?
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-29-15 05:09 AM
    It is too late for Blackberry to compete against Samsung or Apple.. They are entrenched players and entering their market with a noninferior product is not going to turn the handset division around.

I say “their market“ becauae the only way Blackberry can save the handaet division is to compete with Blackphone, not Samsung.

Too late now.
    09-29-15 06:39 AM
    Weren't some BlackBerry 10 phones available from every carrier initially? Didn't make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 07:09 AM
    Really? Conspiracies? That's what we're blaming now?
    The conspiracy belief has always been a recurring theme on CB.

When your unshakable thinking is that BB10 is the best OS, running on the best hardware, in the Universe... and it isn't a success, ... Then, because it's "the best", that failure *must* be due to other factors.

It's inconceivable that BB10 could be at fault, or that a huge majority of buyers simply prefer some other platform, so other scapegoats are sought.

Often users are blamed for being "stupid or uninformed". This is the "BB10 would be #1 if the marketing didn't suck" argument frequently advanced round here.

But, there has always been a strong conspiracy element too. BB10 has been robbed of its rightful #1 place by the mysterious actions of The Man... generally personified as Apple, Samsung, T-Mobile ... even BB's own CEO(!) ... who have done evil to BB.

I always enjoy reading such conspiracy posts - it brings a smile to my face, and is a large part of why I still frequent the forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JeepBB; 09-29-15 at 09:43 AM.
    MikeX74, Doggerz, mikeo007 and 1 others like this.
    09-29-15 08:15 AM
    The conspiracy belief has always been a recurring theme on CB.

When your unshakable thinking is that BB10 is the best OS, running on the best hardware, in the Universe... and it isn't a success, ... Then, because it's "the best", that failure *must* be due to other factors.

It's inconceivable that BB10 could be at fault, or that a huge majority of buyers simply prefer some other platform, so other scapegoats are sought.

Often users are blamed for being "stupid or uninformed". This is the "BB10 would be #1 if the marketing didn't suck" argument frequently advanced round here.

But, there always been a strong conspiracy element too. BB10 has been robbed of its rightful #1 place by the mysterious actions of The Man... generally personified as Apple, Samsung, T-Mobile who have done evil to BB.

I always enjoy reading such conspiracy posts - it brings a smile to my face, and is a large part of why I still frequent the forums.

Thanks. I thought I was the only one who noticed such things.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-29-15 08:27 AM
    I agree, carriers must be on board, ALL carriers, WORLDWIDE. Phones out on display, with signage in stores. Sales people trained to push them too. They really need to push the hell out of this PRIV for any chance of great sales. But will never happen, and BlackBerry will die a slow painful death.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    I'm telling you, VERIZON DID THIS WITH THE STORM AND GOT MASSIVELY BURNED! Because the phone wasn't even close to ready. It was complete crap.

That's why they didn't buy into bb10 BECAUSE THEY GOT BURNED.

Do you blame them?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 09:17 AM
    I will tell you that the troubles with BB started when the cellualar providers stopped carrying BB phones.
    That's like saying an auto accident started when the police arrived.
    09-29-15 10:16 AM
    For the record the Playbook flopped because it sucked when it launched. To launch a tablet at a time when they were nearing their peek with no built in email, contacts, calendar, apps, and something as simple as autocorrect was inexcusable. Carriers didn't sell the Playbook as there wasn't a cellular version when it launched, so I'm not sure how you are making that connection. There was no conspiracy. BB offered a junk tablet at a ridiculous price and no one bought it.
    09-29-15 10:51 AM
    For the record the Playbook flopped because it sucked when it launched. To launch a tablet at a time when they were nearing their peek with no built in email, contacts, calendar, apps, and something as simple as autocorrect was inexcusable. Carriers didn't sell the Playbook as there wasn't a cellular version when it launched, so I'm not sure how you are making that connection. There was no conspiracy. BB offered a junk tablet at a ridiculous price and no one bought it.
    The tablet was not junk. The price was too high for what it offered, apps wise. Maybe that is what you are referring as junk.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 10:54 AM
    I bought the Playbook.

I know, I know... Fool me once...

I didn't buy a BB10 phone though, maybe I'm learning?

What you say about the PB is all true though.

09-29-15 10:55 AM
    The tablet was not junk. The price was too high for what it offered, apps wise. Maybe that is what you are referring as junk.

Posted via CB10
    At launch, it was junk.
    Troy Tiscareno and JeepBB like this.
    09-29-15 10:56 AM
    At launch, it was junk.
    At launch, it was a joke.

BB, the company who made its reputation for being able to manage email and PIM while mobile released a mobile device that had no email or PIM capabilities of its own. Just brilliant! Especially at that time, when tiny phone screens were still the norm, people wanted to be able to do those things on a much bigger screen. Plus, Apple had shown the world it could be done already.

It just goes to show how big of a bubble BB operated in, where BB could do no wrong and Mike was always right.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-29-15 01:06 PM