Why is it that some seldom have issues with their devices and OS updates, while others have "endless" issues with their devices or OS updates? If some one has "monkeyed" around with their devices for instance with leaks and then experience problems with the official OS updates, is it BlackBerry's or User's fault?

Maybe it's just a simple case of some of us being always luckier than others or less critical and more tolerant. I'm just curious.
    02-21-15 07:00 PM
    I think most people having problems are the ones doing the official, and then doing restores , it's a big jump in OS so they should have wiped after and then tried a restore and not restore settings.

But out I really don't BB did there home work on this one,
    jaydee5799 and Lag_Fisher like this.
    02-21-15 07:08 PM
    With this many problems I find it hard to believe that anyone could fault the users. If your phone says click a button to update it then it should update it. If it requires a wipe first then BB should tell the users that. But problems such as the low volume and flickering screen are all on Blackberry.
    02-21-15 07:30 PM
    I think most people having problems are the ones doing the official, and then doing restores , it's a big jump in OS so they should have wiped after and then tried a restore and not restore settings.

But out I really don't BB did there home work on this one,
    If all these problems are real, and I have no reason to not believe that they are, then BlackBerry has dropped the ball AGAIN!!!

My reasons being:

1) They should have foreseen these problems. Was there any significant beta testing?

2) There are multiple suggestions here on CB, from "give the new OS a few days to settle in" to "do a hard reset" to "security wipe and reload"

If all this is necessary for some to do, why is BlackBerry not communicating this?

Instead, they leave people to figure it our by trial and error. Not good!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:38 PM
    If all these problems are real, and I have no reason to not believe that they are, then BlackBerry has dropped the ball AGAIN!!!

My reasons being:

1) They should have foreseen these problems. Was there any significant beta testing?

2) There are multiple suggestions here on CB, from "give the new OS a few days to settle in" to "do a hard reset" to "security wipe and reload"

If all this is necessary for some to do, why is BlackBerry not communicating this?

Posted via CB10
    yes very true, but I think people really come here first, then BB
    02-21-15 07:50 PM

My reasons being:

Posted via CB10
    Won't the "typical" consumer or customer first seek help from Customer Service Dept or Technical Support Dept or from Point of (Sale) Purchase?
    02-21-15 09:11 PM
    Sorry, I'm not gonna read the responses or come back to this thread... I just want to throw this out there... I have used every 10.3 and 10.3.1 leak/official and I haven't experienced any of the issues that people are talking about. So yes, I think people are probably full of **** for the most part
    02-21-15 09:15 PM
    Sorry, I'm not gonna read the responses or come back to this thread... I just want to throw this out there... I have used every 10.3 and 10.3.1 leak/official and I haven't experienced any of the issues that people are talking about. So yes, I think people are probably full of **** for the most part
    100% people are full of ****. My wife and I plus few of her friends who have passport haven't experienced any issues and yet you get these people who claimed to have nothing but problems. These are the same people who are on cb daily , weekly, monthly, yearly and post nothing but negativity. I've asked my wife and her friends so many times if they are experiencing any issues that they told me to stop going on CB as that site is "full of ****". They think I or the people on CB are crazy. '

Posted via CB10
    idhbar, mkelley65, divyan and 1 others like this.
    02-21-15 09:42 PM
    I think it is a case of those that want EVERYTHING done for them and those who are patient and willing to think things through.

Everyone should know (in this day and age) that after an update it is best, if not necessary, to restart your device. Any device be it a smart phone or a computer.

Once upon a time you had to tinker with this metal thingy on your tv to get reception. Technology has never changed really - what tv was to the 50s is what your latest smartphone OS update is now. Sometimes you have to tinker, sometimes you need the repair man and sometimes you get a genuine lemon but only rarely do the last two really occur. There are a number of times I've been impatient and asked for help and when I saw the solution had to give my self a dope slap for not thinking.

Today, for the first time ever, my Passport froze on me ( thought it was the update downloading automatically) and probably did so because I had not turned it off and given it a real rest (just had it go to sleep) in over a month. So I hit the on/off button for ten seconds, it reset itself and is working excellently as always. I do not have the update yet but know once I get it I'll restart it.

Remember the old axiom: good things come to those who wait (however you don't want to wait too long as old age and death can also come along).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Peter Johnson4; 02-21-15 at 10:40 PM.
    mkelley65, Playbook007 and der_mit like this.
    02-21-15 10:22 PM
    They are.

KB36394-Unable to upgrade to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1 due to insufficient space
    KB36633-Unable to place a BBM video or voice call after upgrading to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1
    KB36744-After updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1, screen rotation is not working
    Text input field is not displayed within BBM chat after upgrading to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1
    The Picture Password screen is unresponsive and appears to be frozen

Now, tell me again how some people aren't having legit issues? lol. I'm not saying some people aren't just freaking out but there is DEF. some very legit and very confirmed issues.
    02-21-15 10:31 PM
    sorry, i'm not gonna read the responses or come back to this thread... I just want to throw this out there... I have used every 10.3 and 10.3.1 leak/official and i haven't experienced any of the issues that people are talking about. So yes, i think people are probably full of **** for the most part
    +1

cb10 - q10
    02-21-15 10:35 PM
    I upgraded from my Z30 to a Passport two days ago. I used the BlackBerry Link method and had multiple small issues as: no email notification sound and the touch screen was not very sensitive. I read many posts how to correct the volume settings but nothing worked. Just now I connected to BBLink again and checked for an OS update(same as before) and down loaded it again direct and not from the Z30 transfer switch over. Bam.... everything works fine now. I see there is a new method in settings to control each volume now, that was not there yesterday. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:23 AM
    With this many problems I find it hard to believe that anyone could fault the users. If your phone says click a button to update it then it should update it. If it requires a wipe first then BB should tell the users that. But problems such as the low volume and flickering screen are all on Blackberry.
    Did you apply the update on your phone?

Q10/10.3.1.821
    02-22-15 12:26 AM
    Apple has tons of issues with ios.. im liking this update!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:28 AM
    No, man. They are ***** liars, and BlackBerry is just playing ball.
    /s

Honestly, I still can't wrap my head around why wiping should be an acceptable solution. And why bunch of randoms would made up problems.

MAYBE THEY ARE THE PAID TROLLS COMPANIES HIRE THAT PEOPLE TALKED ABOUT IN ANOTHER THREAD! Not.

Ah, I'm getting more frustrated by this community and it's denial by the day. Bla1ze, has it always been like that, or am I just noticing now?
    02-22-15 12:32 AM
    Obvious user headspace and timing (Google it) issues. Just my .02.
    02-22-15 01:00 AM
    I've done leaks from day one till now some destructive some non....the bugs I've face from the first 10.3 till 2072 can be counted on one hand I think..there was a (1)keyboard bug (2) WiFi keeps knocking out the rotor (3) radio being weak (4) auto correct not selecting ... I think that was it....now on this latest os 2267 everything is great maybe the WiFi could be stronger but it's ok z10 stl3

Posted via CB10
    mikedolo and Kurdis Blough like this.
    02-22-15 01:01 AM
    No, man. They are ***** liars, and BlackBerry is just playing ball.
    /s

Honestly, I still can't wrap my head around why wiping should be an acceptable solution. And why bunch of randoms would made up problems.

MAYBE THEY ARE THE PAID TROLLS COMPANIES HIRE THAT PEOPLE TALKED ABOUT IN ANOTHER THREAD! Not.

Ah, I'm getting more frustrated by this community and it's denial by the day. Bla1ze, has it always been like that, or am I just noticing now?
    It's not made up problems. But. I've seen plenty of "problems " like icons are too small now or why is the home screen aways visible when empty... so half the complaints are real issues the other half is not giving enough time to learn the new settings. To me the top issue is the Passport flickering. Calendar is admittedly weaker, Facebook hub detachment after update ( fix is this relog/reintsall app).

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 01:08 AM
    This kind of makes me glad I went through a bunch of leaks first. My family members are all confused about new things and I don't remember how it "used" to be done anymore. I'm just glad to be on the official version because keyboard works right again and I don't get frozen active frames anymore.

Unfortunately now I am kind of bored and wouldn't mind a new leak. It's less fun having the same toys as all the other kids.

Posted via CB10
    LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    02-22-15 01:37 AM
    It is obvious that there are a few very real issues with the official updates. It is also obvious that many people who post on CrackBerry are too impatient and/or have little understanding of how their own devices work. Combine that with how difficult change is for some of us and how much fun it is to show others how much smarter you are than everyone else, and you have a tasty stew that makes for great drama and many, many threads...

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:13 AM
    I've got the same issues since the first 10.3 leaks on Q10s and 1 Z30. And some probles like low volume are always there. And sorry- I have done a lot wipes etc. And nothing worked. If you got 10.2.1 on one phone and 10.3.1 on the other then you can see the actual low volume problem!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    02-22-15 02:30 AM
    It's both, as always.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-22-15 02:36 AM
    i love the new software, and i think just like me for those who came officially from 10.2 it's amazing thing that BlackBerry has done, looks like i brought a new phone, and if we talk about problems , we should not forget there will be another update for bugs fixing,

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:54 AM
    Lol at some of the replies on here, doesn't happen to me so their full of **** oh my..

Funny really, I didn't do any back up or restore, it's never had a leak installed yet 10.2.1 to 10.3.1 on OTA knackered my Rotation Lock, which I'm entitled to moan about, it's annoying as hell
    02-22-15 03:01 AM
    I upgraded a Z30 to 2072 via leak, and a Z10 from 10.2.1 to official 2267. Both upgrades were flawless and both devices are working just fine, with no issues so far.

The only "issue" I have personally encountered in recent days, is that the Print To Go service appears to be down. I posted about that in a separate thread, but it has nothing to do with the rollout of 10.3.1.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-22-15 03:34 AM
138 123 ...