I didn't read the whole thread, who won the argument and who is king of the internet now?
    11-20-13 03:35 PM
    I didn't read the whole thread, who won the argument and who is king of the internet now?
    FanBoys always win! They are the Kings!
    11-20-13 03:39 PM
    50% on jelly bean, 25% on gingerbread and 20% on ICS isn't fragmentation? LOL

Posted via CB10
    They have 81% market share. Blackberry could only dream of such a "problem".
    11-20-13 03:40 PM
    No matter how we argue here, the BB 10 phones are not sell so well. The reality hurts!
    11-20-13 03:44 PM
    I'd say our beloved user Pantless Penguin always wins.
    Nothing beats being pantless!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 03:47 PM
    I say you do because you have a pretty profile picture
    11-20-13 03:49 PM
    The true believers...well, they believe they did.
    Terser Nori likes this.
    11-20-13 03:56 PM
    I say you do because you have a pretty profile picture
    DO NOT let that fool you. Remember that pretty ninja chick in "Sin City"? Well...
    11-20-13 03:58 PM
    The tech blogs get their units - free. We, the users, buy ours. So *yawn*. I do it the old fashioned way, actually trying a product, not depend on some review that may or may not have been bought to persuade or dissuade me from a purchase for whatever motivations.
    11-20-13 03:59 PM
    Were you running Whatsapp on the Z10 by any chance?
    Yep

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-20-13 04:02 PM
    DO NOT let that fool you. Remember that pretty ninja chick in "Sin City"? Well...
    Solid advice man. I am forever in your debt. Thanks given.
    11-20-13 04:03 PM
    It really is out there! LOL.....quite the irrational and strongly stated beliefs for a "new" guy! ;-)

In any case, little need to debunk something so silly - handsets are the primary revenue stream and they've collapsed. BB is....well "ailing" isn't strong enough, bottom line: BB as any of us knew it is ALREADY long gone - OVER HALF the employees will be gone soon...it isn't the same company, they won't be doing the same things, have anywhere near the same resources or capabilities. But it's true....if Chen decides to fire everyone, and maintain BB as a kiosk in a Waterloo mall staffed by a single guy named Manny - selling the stock of z10/30 which Chen will keep in his basement, then they could definitely stretch their remaining funds a very long time.
    You realize that BlackBerry generates about $3billion in service revenue.
    You realize that in the last financial year, they've added 300million$ in cash equivalents.
    11-20-13 04:25 PM
    Blaming the media is total failed logic. Whatever the reason for the media stories is, BlackBerry is failing to get them on their side when other companies can. What's really going on is media caters to their audience, and BlackBerry has almost no audience at this point.
    This made me wonder. If the media caters to it's audience and BlackBerry has no audience where is the logic in the media needing to tell their audience to stay away from anything BlackBerry. Especially since their reasoning is the company is not going to be around much longer. Which isn't necessarily true since nobody knows for sure what will happen to BlackBerry tomorrow. It is speculative at best. Where is the logic in any of this?

I want everyone to stop bickering and using their opinions as facts. It's not fun. I'll tell you my observations. The last phone I recommended to a friend was a Nexus5. Would a Z30 fit his needs? Absolutely. But the price didn't. Android has the upper hand there. I know tons of people who would enjoy a BB10 device yet have either been told to stay away or told they sold the company in August and it usually was too late for me to tell them otherwise. The only people who I've got on BB10 is my sister and her fiance. They love their Q and Z respectively and neither know zip about technology. I'm sure there are many people out there that would appreciate these devices as they are.

As for the camera discussion. Me and My girlfriend went to Niagara Falls this past weekend. Alone time. I asked her if we can do a camera comparison. My Q10 vs. Her iPhone5. It had already gotten dark out so I wasn't expecting my Q10 to deliver. But it did. I'll post some pics when I can.

My point is everyone of us will have a different experience with BB10 so any of us arguing that it is the best for everyone or saying that nobody would ever like these phones for whatever reason is not the truth. It is opinion remember that and stop and think before you go name-calling.
    11-20-13 04:31 PM
    Apologies for the wording, I shouldv'e worded that more respectfully. Please look at what I've highlighted. BBM? Figuring out how to monetize it without losing customers is a challenge in itself, let alone making it profitable. I'm sure there are several other software goodies that Blackberry has to offer I'd love to hear how you THINK, they can monetize them, and remain successful with 0.01% of the samrtphone market (since that was your bold statement.).

Just an FYI. When referring to Blackberry the company. I would reccomend never starting your response with: THE COMPANY ALREADY SAID.......(followed by a bunch of promises waiting to be broken.)
    I think that people are missing the (my) point. This started with someone's (no idea who) post with a comment that BlackBerry is burning cash at a rate of half a billion per quarter. This is not the case.
    But to reply to your comment - You realize that BlackBerry still has service revenue (about $3billion/year). Do you think that BlackBerry will continue to overproduce devices if they don't see any positive uptick in sales? So even if their smartphone market share fell to 0%, they would still be make money off the software side of things. If they have 0% market share, they would have left the hardware business. They are NOT going to blow $4billion trying to be relevent in the hardware business.
    11-20-13 04:36 PM
    For someone who suggests that I shall take some English classes, your reading comprehension definitely isn't on the level to make that assertion.
    I never said anything about your writing style, I made a comment about your knowledge.

2) BlackBerry burned 1 billion because of an overproduction considering the Z10.
    I never said that they threw them away...
    But when BlackBerry needs to sell these devices for a price way below their estimates and apparently so much cheaper that they have a 1 billion loss, then I don't understand why you struggle with the concept of them being broke in 4 quarters if they don't have a dramatic turn-over.

3) The tax sops were used in reference to the written-down Z10s. I doubt that the R&D tax breaks will cover that.
    Yes they will continue to get the tax breaks for the R&D but they can't continue endlessly to write-down inventory and get sops on it.

4) That really was my fault, I meant a hostile takeover.
    As long as we don't see any signs of a turnover, BBRY's share price will further continue to decline.
    And this will make the company attractive for said hostile takeover.

You also seem to confuse me with somebody else.
    I don't remember saying that they lose 0.5 billion a quarter.
    I just said that at the current rate, they could be broke in 4 Quarters.

As I said in the introduction, for someone suggesting that I take some English classes, your reading comprehension has to become better.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you made a point about my knowledge.
    2) You understand that the Z10s were written off. That means whatever price they sell them for know, it will go in the books as a profit. If they sell each device for $50, that's all profit. $10, ... all profit. Doesn't matter what they 'estimate' or what the COP was, anything ($$$) that they get out of these written down Z10s will be a positive. ANYTHING.
    3) BlackBerry is expecting tax credits for their losses (mostly due to the writedowns in inventory). But they will still receive their R&D crsdits that they receive every year for investing in R&D. These were not one time bonuses.
    4) ... turnaround (and not turnover). Don't care. I am sure that if there is no sign of a turnaround, that the SP will continue to decline. But there won't be any hostile takeovers. Watsa and company will not allow it and they now have the power to prevent it. And it you're thinking Watsa will lead the hostile takeover, he and the group that just invested $billion, are not allowed to purchase shares for a time period of one year. They still have the option of buying another $250million, but those would be shares added to the float.

Maybe I do have you confused with another poster. I don't pay attention to who is replying to my posts. But when you say that at the current rate, BlackBerry will be broke in 4 quarters. Explain to me what the current rate is. Do you mean the fact that BlackBerry's cash equivalents fell in the last quarter? Does that mean that will be the rate going foward? Because that is not the cashburn rate for the last year.

I 'comprehend' very well...
    11-20-13 04:55 PM
    There's definitely the possibility of a hostile takeover. The company is for sale by the fact of being a public company. Prem's small ownership percentage doesn't protect against that.
    The reality is that BBRY couldn't sell itself on a friendly basis to anyone. The fact is that there's a very limited ability to raise debt to fund any acquisition due to such high negative cash flow.
    11-20-13 05:07 PM
    Eh, interesting conversation. Some notes:

Stop using Samsung and Android interchangeably. There are a slew of other companies that manufacture Android handsets, ya'll know? Tizen keeps getting delayed and no body gives a rat's behind. There is the very real likelihood that Samsung is going to fork Android and do their own thing....Android without Google Services much like Amazon and the Kindle Fire.

If you are going to recommend someone skip BB and go Android, recommend at least one handset (beside the GS4 or Note III) for crying out loud. Their is something like 400 Android phones in the market...not all of them are top-notch devices.

Android has 81% of the market share....not one particular handset manufacturer. Keep in mind that includes all of the cheapies sold at Wal-Mart that are still shipping with Gingerbread. BlackBerry is not for everybody, sure, and people have the right to criticize, but if anyone would seriously recommend or use a new Gingerbread Android over a BB10 is effin' whack.

Tools not Toys.

BB4EvA
    11-20-13 05:31 PM
    Ok time for a break. Might get opened again tomorrow after everyone calms down
    11-20-13 06:18 PM
218 ... 789