So last night my BB was working fine, and this morning it is completely muted. No ringtones work, my media player says the song is playing but there is no music, it's like someone hit the mute button. I've already done a battery pull and checked all the settings and everything is normal. Any ideas?
    11-29-09 01:42 PM
    Could it be a problem like the device believing there is a headset plugged it when it is not? Try this: connect a headset to the BlackBerry, can you listen to music now?
    11-29-09 01:53 PM
    Yes, when there are headphones plugged in, music plays just like normal
    11-29-09 01:56 PM
    My boss just replaced his 2 month old Tour b/c his loud speaker quit. Similar symptoms as you describe. He was ablbe to hear calls though, just not on speaker-phone.
    11-29-09 02:44 PM
    Do an actual battery pull...

I had the exact same thing today, like literally 20 minutes ago - thing was, I had accidentally checked my QL (QuickLaunch) Mute button. Hit your menu key twice, and make sure it doesn't say 'QL Unmute - if it does, that means QL Mute is enabled, in which case, just select it.

This is assuming, of course, you have QuickLaunch on your phone. If not, the full battery pull should hopefully fix it for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 04:44 PM
    Interestingly enough, this happened to me today as well. I use the alarm on my BB to wake up, but it didn't ring, and will now only vibrate--no ringing at all!
    I've done 3 battery pulls and I've checked my profile. I tried to go in under profile to see if I could get other ringtones to play, but none of them work...
    Any other suggestions? I'm dying over here!
    11-29-09 08:15 PM
    Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. I puled the battery and it fixed the problem for a short time but now its not ringing again only vibrates. Why would so many of us all have the same problem within a few days?
    11-29-09 08:23 PM
    *Twilight Zone music playing ominously in the background*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD