I had a 1gb card in my curve and recently bought a 2gb replacement. I connected my curve to my computer and copied all of the files from my curve to my computer then transfered from my computer to my new sd card. all worked out well, except now when I go to my music on the new card, every song has the same piece of album work. Out of 200 songs, they all have the same piece of album art.

Why is this??? Please help me!
    08-29-08 12:58 PM
    I had a 1gb card in my curve and recently bought a 2gb replacement. I connected my curve to my computer and copied all of the files from my curve to my computer then transfered from my computer to my new sd card. all worked out well, except now when I go to my music on the new card, every song has the same piece of album work. Out of 200 songs, they all have the same piece of album art.

Why is this??? Please help me!
    You must really like that album...

The album art is tagged to the individual songs in the about file you can see it on your pc, apps like muitunes create an album art folder on your card that points the art to the song, you need to go exploring on your card.
    With your phone hooked up to your pc, open it up from "my computer"
    there will be a file either in your music file or seperate on the card that has the lonely album art in it.Delete it and from there it's your option on assigning art to each of your songs or not.
    GL
    08-29-08 01:09 PM
    Thanks, Im gonna give it a try. Hopefully I can find this file you speak of lol
    08-29-08 01:12 PM
    also if your songs are p2p (peer to peer or file sharing) it's more than likely just using a generic album art because it's not recognized.
    08-29-08 01:13 PM
    also if your songs are p2p (peer to peer or file sharing) it's more than likely just using a generic album art because it's not recognized.
    I would say 90% of them are not p2p. Even ones I bought on iTunes and re-ripped from a CD onto my computer are picking up the stupid one piece of album art and displaying it. I cant find the art as a seperate file anywhere on the card though...
    08-29-08 01:19 PM
    Is there a way I can just delete the album art???
    08-29-08 01:24 PM
    open up your media from your pc>open your music folder>any song highlight and right click>properties>summary tab, does it list anything for album art?
    08-29-08 01:44 PM
    open up your media from your pc>open your music folder>any song highlight and right click>properties>summary tab, does it list anything for album art?
    no, there is nothing that says album art or anything property in that tab about album art...
    08-29-08 01:48 PM
    does it look like this?
    Attachment 4162
    08-29-08 02:30 PM
    no, there is nothing that says album art or anything property in that tab about album art...
    Try this. FixTunes - Fix Your MP3 Tags and Names, Add Album Art and Remove Duplicates
    This oughta take care of the problem instead of prolonging it.
    I'm trying it right now..
    08-29-08 02:30 PM
    Try this. FixTunes - Fix Your MP3 Tags and Names, Add Album Art and Remove Duplicates
    This oughta take care of the problem instead of prolonging it.
    I'm trying it right now..
    nice find whats the difference between itunes version and non-itunes version?
    08-29-08 02:33 PM
    nice find whats the difference between itunes version and non-itunes version?
    Don't get the 5.? version if you don't run itunes, I don't and in fact the 5.?itune version doesn't work..
    I've got 4.7 working on 2000+ songs at the moment, so far so good.
    08-29-08 02:53 PM
    cool unzipping it now
    08-29-08 02:55 PM
    Damn, it's $25, for the full app, I WILL find a freebie.
    08-29-08 02:56 PM
    Damn, it's $25, for the full app, I WILL find a freebie.
    hahahahah I was just coming to say the same thing!
    08-29-08 03:01 PM
    I just about downloaded a virus trying to get a serial crack for it.
    Glad my shiz is all up to date!
    08-29-08 03:15 PM
    I just about downloaded a virus trying to get a serial crack for it.
    Glad my shiz is all up to date!

I've got one i'm gonna try shortly, once I verify that it works and is free I'll put the details up. To the op, hope you're happy, you have totally distracted me for the day, and now beer is coming out, so looks like the night's gonna be shot too, and I don't really even care about album art.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 04:25 PM
    08-29-08 09:24 PM
    Ok guys - it must be using an album art that is just sitting there somewhere becuase I just loaded like 20 new songs with no album art and when I pull them up on my blackberry it still shows the same dam album art...
    09-01-08 07:22 PM
    Thanks fonebrkr, I think. It's getting the job done but this going to take days!
    09-01-08 08:13 PM
    Blackberry Desktop Manager comes with Roxio Media Manager and I just used Roxio Creator Basic to edit my ringtone ID3 tags.

I didn't do it from inside DM, I took the media card out of my BB, put it in its adapter and into my laptop then opened Creator Basic. Worked like a charm; I just did the edits, put the media card back in my BB and then ran QuickPull to reboot my phone. I now have correct spellings, uniform capitals, artist, etc. for all my ringtones.

Roxio Creator Basic will also pull album and album art info for music files from MusicID.
    Last edited by grimalkin; 05-20-09 at 03:21 PM. Reason: addt'l info
    05-20-09 03:19 PM
    I've got close to 4,000 songs on my 16GB microSD card. I try to keep my music arranged neatly and have all albums in their own folders. Each folder contains the album art named folder.jpg and when I play a songs the correct album art comes up each time. I do have quite a few compilation collections - like Rolling Stone Magazine Top 500 Rock Songs, for example - and I have all of those songs use the same album cover (generic) because they do not belong to a full CD by the same artist.

TIP: WMP includes a neat feature where it will synchronize your PC music library with your mobile device. I do not use this feature, as I like to recompress my music for the BlackBerry at a lower bitrate. 320kbit, for example, does not sound much better, if at all, than 128Kbit playing thru my BlackBerry and $20 included ear buds. So, I use Sony SoundForge to reconvert my music and therefore I can keep a heck of a lot more music on my mobile device.
    05-20-09 03:45 PM
    I'm gonna have to try this cause its sooo annoying not having the album art up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 12:54 PM
    Can someone please help me with this same problem. I have the same art for every single song. I found the art that's labeled "folder.jpg" and deleted it but when I did that, I got no album art at all but on my PC (windows media player I can see the art displayed.

I tried visiting that "Fixtunes" site but it appears to be a dead link.

This is really really annoying. I've had this problem since the 9810 (or maybe it started when I got my iPad). Why can't I just display the album art and be done with it ?????
    04-26-13 02:57 PM
    I have a far bigger issue with music on the Z10....

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:40 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD