Just another example on why some phones/platforms are so popular.

All Sochi Olympic athletes to get Galaxy Note 3 - Sports - MSN CA

When you give something away as a "Consolation prize" you win alot of free advertising and repeat business. Blackberry does not and should not fall into this kind of trap to promote their products........Long live Blackberry!!!
    10-23-13 09:32 AM
    It's times like this that I wish I was athletically gifted!
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-23-13 09:36 AM
    What is this doing in a BlackBerry thread

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 09:57 AM
    Don't see how this is a bad move in terms of marketing tbh

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 09:59 AM
    They're hoping that the athletes will use them to take pictures and get them on TV. In London, at the opening and closing ceremonies, it was all iPhones and the odd BlackBerry being used by the athletes, and not much for Samsung phones, which much have been embarrassing for them as a big Olympic sponsor. This is a step to try and stop that from happening again.
    10-23-13 10:02 AM

When you give something away as a "Consolation prize" you win alot of free advertising and repeat business. Blackberry does not and should not fall into this kind of trap to promote their products........Long live Blackberry!!!
    Its the most powerful device out there, what is the Z30 if the Note 3 is the consolation prize lol.
    10-23-13 10:25 AM
    It is smart advertising. Samsung did the same thing with the London Olympics for the S3 and it was successful. But Samsung has the money to make this happen. I think BRRY could advertise better but I'm not sure they should be going for this scale of advertising given their current financial situation.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-23-13 10:45 AM
    At the least, BB should send out a few skids of Z10s sitting around collecting dust in a warehouse.
    richardat likes this.
    10-23-13 12:07 PM
    Blackberry does not and should not fall into this kind of trap to promote their products.
    Would you rather they place another nonsensical ad on next year's Super Bowl?
    10-23-13 01:12 PM
    Would you rather they place another nonsensical ad on next year's Super Bowl?
    I may be wrong but I think the OP was being sarcastic.
    richardat likes this.
    10-23-13 08:49 PM
    Its the most powerful device out there, what is the Z30 if the Note 3 is the consolation prize lol.
    The "consolation prize" is lieu of a gold medal.
    10-24-13 01:45 AM
    They need to have the winter Olympics in Canada so everyone will get blackberries!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:30 AM

Are you the marketing manager for BB? Must be with that attitude. No wonder BB is in the state it's in now...
    10-24-13 07:51 PM
    They're hoping that the athletes will use them to take pictures and get them on TV. In London, at the opening and closing ceremonies, it was all iPhones and the odd BlackBerry being used by the athletes, and not much for Samsung phones, which much have been embarrassing for them as a big Olympic sponsor. This is a step to try and stop that from happening again.
    Nothing beats a non-paid advertisement.
    10-25-13 07:50 AM