long story short, Sony phones messed up names in SIM card. Uploaded contacts to Outlook (thanks to lalifeguards), switched names properly (all 250 each. took more than an hour.).

.......BUT NOW, I realized all the numbers are set under WORK, when usually if i add a number by hand, it goes under MOBILE (i want all my numbers under MOBILE).

..................... how to change all of this?????????
    11-22-08 11:36 AM
    When I switched from a non-BB phone to my BB, I had the same issue. I ended up manually switching the mobile #'s to the mobile field. When I add a new contact now, I can fill the # into any field, work, home, mobile, etc. I'm sorry I don't have an automated solution for you. Perhaps one of our other resident addicts has a trick up their sleeve
    11-22-08 11:54 AM
    Since you have the numbers in Outlook, you can export them to Excel, change them to mobile, and import them back into Outlook. If you use the add number to address book function in the call log, it will default to the work number field. You can't change that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 12:16 PM
    Since you have the numbers in Outlook, you can export them to Excel, change them to mobile, and import them back into Outlook. If you use the add number to address book function in the call log, it will default to the work number field. You can't change that.

why would i transfer the numbers to Excell? is it easier to change it in Excel?

and additionally.... when i add numbers from the Call Log, yes they go into WORK. I just noticed that through texting tho (saving a number from my SMS texts) they get put into MOBILE. weird. blah im so anal about certain things.
    Last edited by Texter; 11-22-08 at 04:47 PM.
    11-22-08 04:45 PM
    If you've got to do a mass change of numbers, it's easier to do it with the editing tools in Excel. I've never saved a number from a text message, so I didn't know they saved to the mobile field. That makes sense, since a text message normally will have come from a cell phone.

11-22-08 06:46 PM
    What about making said changes in Outlook, and then syncing with your Blackberry, with Desktop Manager, no?
    11-22-08 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD