Every night before I go to bed, I load up the Crackberry forums to see what's on other BlackBerry enthusiasts' mind. Half of what I read, these days, is people complaining about something, and the other half is people complaining that people are complaining. To all of the poeple in the latter group, I think you might just have to suck it up...

When BlackBerry was #1, the forums were flooded with positivity. Times were good and everyone was happy. What I didn't see on the forums during that time, however, were people posting things like "stop being such a happy troll" or "if I have to read one more post about something positive, I'm leaving the forums!" But now that times aren't so good, and members are voicing their opinions about it, people are up in arms! Take the good with the bad, and the bad with the good. If you can't do that, perhaps forums in general aren't the right place for you.

I agree that it's pretty annoying reading one-liner posts like "BlackBerry is dead." or "The company is done!", which aren't constructive in ANY way, and barely (if at all) pass as an opinion. It's especially annoying when the posts are made by a member who has 1 previous post under their belt, and is a member as of 4 days ago! But that's just something we're going to have to deal with. Most members here are on the same team and want the same thing - for BlackBerry to survive and be as amazing as it once was. All of the negative comments are a result of the frustration of having to watch such an iconic brand, which we're all so passionate about, go down so hard. It makes sense. Whether you've invested your time supporting the company, your money to buy their products or stock, or even your effort to defend the company to all of the naysayers, you have a right to your opinion.

So I guess this is my two cents. If you're tired of the negativity on the forums, try to avoid the negative threads. If that's too hard to do, maybe take a break from them until things start turning around again - might be a while, but I'm still hopeful it'll happen. What we can't keep doing is littering these forums with dumb little arguments. If you disagree with someone's opinion, post your reasons why, and I guarantee that other members will get in on the healthy debate. If you'd rather just call them an idi0t ... maybe just hold it in and move on. We can't control what people post, but we can definitely control our responses.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:52 AM
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:47 AM
    TLDR.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-23-13 02:54 AM
    What's especially disturbing is the same people complaining are the ones who said "if you don't like it go somewhere else" a few years ago. Well I guess that advice took root, because people left. I think BlackBerry needs every subscriber they can get. Why people would still be suggesting they move platforms because they're upset at the state of affairs baffles me. It's that very same head-in-the-sand mentality that got the CO-CEO's booted yet it seems to be championed still. It seems to be a scapegoat for those unable to admit or see what's actually going on. Ultimately none of it matters because if.this community were capable of an impact large enough to hold the tide it would have.
    09-23-13 02:58 AM
    Actually as a long time blackberry user things are awesome. I have a blackberry device with 10.2 running and all the popular apps (netflix, instagram, Skype, SnapChat) and now i got iOS friends around the world on my bbm again. not sure why everyones complaining about on a personal level i have never been happier with my blackberry.
    09-23-13 03:13 AM
    Actually as a long time blackberry user things are awesome. I have a blackberry device with 10.2 running and all the popular apps (netflix, instagram, Skype, SnapChat) and now i got iOS friends around the world on my bbm again. not sure why everyones complaining about on a personal level i have never been happier with my blackberry.
    People are mainly complaining about BlackBerry as a company and not blackberry as a phone.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4
    09-23-13 04:55 AM
    There's a group of people who seem to think that if nobody says anything bad about BlackBerry, BlackBerry would be the smartphone leaders of the universe. I know it's hard to believe, but it's apparent that a lot of people really believe that.
    09-23-13 06:22 AM
    Next up is the ever popular "People complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining" and we'll have come full circle and BB will be fixed
    09-23-13 06:50 AM
    I have a complaint. Oops, I forgot.
    09-23-13 06:57 AM
    Well said.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    09-23-13 07:11 AM
    People are mainly complaining about BlackBerry as a company and not blackberry as a phone.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4
    Exactly. I love my devices. And people around me seem to understand that and like my Z10. It is the BlackBerry management that I am disappointed with.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    09-23-13 07:13 AM
    Well put and being a self employed business person myself, if you can't accept criticism from your customers and ignore what they have to say, you will soon find yourself on the outside looking in.
    09-23-13 08:16 AM
    So you are complaining about the people complaining about complainers?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-23-13 08:18 AM
    Complaining is pretty fun I gotta admit.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:20 AM
    Complaint Inception.

Posted via CB10
    Undbiter65 and howarmat like this.
    09-23-13 08:57 AM
    Complaint Inception.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao! Funniest comment I've read on here for a while lol

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-23-13 09:01 AM
    I try not to be grumpy, but I can see the attraction.
    09-23-13 09:02 AM
    Complaint Inception.

Posted via CB10
    Then this is a complaint against the people complaining about people complaining about complainers.

djdragon likes this.
    09-23-13 09:21 AM
    Problem is you didn't get any of those apps in App World, nor did you get that 10.2 officially. Some people know how to side-load, others don't. And the ones who don't shouldn't be at any fault, why should you have to go through a lengthy process at all? It's great you got yours but what about every one else? People are tired of the loopholes. don't even get me started on this BBM cross-platform fiasco this past weekend. Un-friggin believable
    09-23-13 10:01 AM
    Exactly! I have all the apps I want without having to put up with a crappy OS!

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-23-13 10:06 AM
    Every night before I go to bed, I load up the Crackberry forums to see what's on other BlackBerry enthusiasts' mind. Half of what I read, these days, is people complaining about something, and the other half is people complaining that people are complaining. To all of the poeple in the latter group, I think you might just have to suck it up...

When BlackBerry was #1, the forums were flooded with positivity. Times were good and everyone was happy. What I didn't see on the forums during that time, however, were people posting things like "stop being such a happy troll" or "if I have to read one more post about something positive, I'm leaving the forums!" But now that times aren't so good, and members are voicing their opinions about it, people are up in arms! Take the good with the bad, and the bad with the good. If you can't do that, perhaps forums in general aren't the right place for you.

I agree that it's pretty annoying reading one-liner posts like "BlackBerry is dead." or "The company is done!", which aren't constructive in ANY way, and barely (if at all) pass as an opinion. It's especially annoying when the posts are made by a member who has 1 previous post under their belt, and is a member as of 4 days ago! But that's just something we're going to have to deal with. Most members here are on the same team and want the same thing - for BlackBerry to survive and be as amazing as it once was. All of the negative comments are a result of the frustration of having to watch such an iconic brand, which we're all so passionate about, go down so hard. It makes sense. Whether you've invested your time supporting the company, your money to buy their products or stock, or even your effort to defend the company to all of the naysayers, you have a right to your opinion.

So I guess this is my two cents. If you're tired of the negativity on the forums, try to avoid the negative threads. If that's too hard to do, maybe take a break from them until things start turning around again - might be a while, but I'm still hopeful it'll happen. What we can't keep doing is littering these forums with dumb little arguments. If you disagree with someone's opinion, post your reasons why, and I guarantee that other members will get in on the healthy debate. If you'd rather just call them an idi0t ... maybe just hold it in and move on. We can't control what people post, but we can definitely control our responses.

Posted via CB10
    Great post... I see it like this people need to know what there buying when they buy it. if you buying a BlackBerry your buying it because you need work done and fast. If you buy something without knowing what your buying then your blind. So I add to this post saying those who are going to get a device get something that's going to be for your needs. Not something that your going to complain about. STOP THE WHINING AND COMPLAING!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:46 AM
    I bet if Blackberry didn't screw up at all, we wouldn't complain at all. Period.
    09-23-13 11:26 AM

and I'm complaining about that!!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 11:30 AM
    Problem is you didn't get any of those apps in App World, nor did you get that 10.2 officially. Some people know how to side-load, others don't. And the ones who don't shouldn't be at any fault, why should you have to go through a lengthy process at all? It's great you got yours but what about every one else? People are tired of the loopholes. don't even get me started on this BBM cross-platform fiasco this past weekend. Un-friggin believable
    to effectively complain, it needs to be clear what you are complaining about

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 11:33 AM
    BBM's launch on Android and iOS was the closest thing BB could get to the Lines outside of Apple/Carrier stores for a new iPhone, and they botched it. I think that's the most disheartening thing about it. They actually had something that seemed as anticipated as Instagram or Flipboard launching on Android and completely failed to execute. It just looked terrible, especially if you woke up at 0645 EST and watched it play out throughout the whole day...

People were pulling all nighters and setting their alarm clocks for this launch. It was just smoking heap of massive fail, and one of the oddest and most ridiculous [software] product/service launches the smartphone market has probably ever seen. It was like getting in line for an iPhone only to have the AT&T Store Manager tell you the truck with the devices hasn't arrive yet, and they have no clue if it'll even get there today, and then coming out and telling you the truck has a flat on the interstate and will be here "soon enough."

The joke about "At least you get to wait at home instead of in line!" or whatever has to be one of the most pompous and disrespectful statements a company can make to current or prospective customers I have ever seen.
    09-23-13 11:55 AM