I got my 8900 a couple of days ago and just been trying to sort it out. Been browsing through the ringtones, etc trying to find a way for it to just beep once when I have it on the 'quiet' profile however I can't find anything like that.

All the ringtones seem to repeat themselves. Anyone know how I could get such a ringtone or do this? Had a search through the forum and can't find anything
    12-27-08 11:48 AM
    I am thinking, while I don't have a real solution to this you could try to create your own ringtone for example with Audacity and convert it into an MP3 File. If you just want one beep you could create this one and then just add 2 minutes or so of silence.

Maybe this could work, let me know if you need more detailed instructions.
    12-27-08 12:02 PM
    I am thinking, while I don't have a real solution to this you could try to create your own ringtone for example with Audacity and convert it into an MP3 File. If you just want one beep you could create this one and then just add 2 minutes or so of silence.

Maybe this could work, let me know if you need more detailed instructions.
    I would have to agree with this solution.
    12-27-08 12:06 PM
    I second that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 12:21 PM
    Hmm, sounds like the only way of doing it.

Don't suppose anyone has a beep like that already on their BB so I don't have to make one?
    12-27-08 01:59 PM
    Closest thing I can see is the BBpro_confirm in the ring tone section. It gives you 2 short beeps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 02:25 PM
    No, that's the same as the others - it has two short beeps but they keep repeating themselves.
    12-27-08 02:57 PM
    if you go to edit profiles you can change the number of rings or beeps from 3 to 1, they shouldnt repeat after this.
    12-27-08 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD