Just looking for some advice - I was floating around the App World and tried a few apps installed and than deleted them. Anyways after doing this I went to my emails and hey they are all gone...

Not sure why can't see any changes and I can still send and recieve emails...where the heck did they go to? Checked my system memory and there is 24 meg free.

I have the settings set that anything deleted from my in box should be deleted from my email inbox. Checking that and thank god they are still there - does this mean they are now somehow hidden?

Had slight thought that one of the apps somehow deleted them all - does BlackBerry check apps before the are mounted up to BB App World?

My biggest fear is that somehow all my emails just got "mysteriously" forwarded to some obscure server and anyone that has ever emailed is going to get spammed to **** and back!

Scott
    11-21-09 02:55 PM
    e-mails, SMS et cetera gets silently removed only if memory is very low, but at 24MB it should not have done that. Remember what applications you tried?
    11-21-09 02:58 PM
    Windows Live Messenger
    Ka-Gloom
    GT ConnectFour
    Dictionary and Thesaurus - Dictionary.com
    Tank Ace just 1944 Lite
    Time
    Viigo for BlackBerry

Messenger, Time, Viigo and Dictionary had been installed for awhile but I decided to just get rid of all apps...

So I uninstalled and deleted them all.

Scott
    11-21-09 03:07 PM
    Hmm... none of those should affect e-mails in any way (on a side note, Tank Ace is very cool ). I wouldn't fear that your e-mails were forwarded somewhere into oblivion. BlackBerry devices have security on a degree unmatched by most other devices and being known for their reputation as mobile e-mail communication devices, the e-mail stack especially should have the highest level of security and protection under the hood.

I would do this: battery pull, if still nothing, go to BIS, remove your e-mail and re-add it... and hope this never happens again.
    11-21-09 03:24 PM
    Okay thanks - what I will do is the battery thing toniight and the BES server bit at work on Monday - thanks very much for such a quick response.

Scott
    11-21-09 03:42 PM
    Oh, you are on BES. Well, in that case contact your IT Administrator and have them investigate the issue or correct it for you.
    11-21-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD