everyone is getting excited about all the new blackberrys that are due to come out but arnt they all just the same??

the 9630 is a smaller bold without wifi
    the curve is a smaller bold without 3g

with the bold having 3g and wifi why would you get any of the other models available? surely they all have the same software on them as well?

am i missing something here? or does RIM know that crackberrians love collecting phones so just realise new ones which are slightly different??

i got my bold as it had the most features on it compared with the other models and until something comes along that has more why would i change??
    03-25-09 09:26 AM
    Mine has a touch screen.

I agree with you, but the more the merier! bring em on RIM!
    03-25-09 10:00 AM
    All Blackberries have some similarities, but not all are the same.

A minor difference to one person might be a major selling, or buying point to a carrier or consumer.

And there are definitely some significant differences between several models; for example the Pearl is not at all similar, in my opinion, to the Storm, although they run similar base OS software and both have the BB logo.
    03-25-09 10:14 AM
    For one the bold isn't offered on CDMA. The 8900 and bold aren't offered on the same network in the US. For some size is more important than data speeds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 10:14 AM
    the curve has a better camera. Some of the newer phones are significantly cheaper than the bold.
    03-25-09 10:22 AM
    All Blackberries have some similarities, but not all are the same.
    Agreed.

There are slight changes in all of them.
    03-25-09 10:22 AM
    everyone is getting excited about all the new blackberrys that are due to come out but arnt they all just the same??

the 9630 is a smaller bold without wifi
    the curve is a smaller bold without 3g

with the bold having 3g and wifi why would you get any of the other models available? surely they all have the same software on them as well?

am i missing something here? or does RIM know that crackberrians love collecting phones so just realise new ones which are slightly different??

i got my bold as it had the most features on it compared with the other models and until something comes along that has more why would i change??
    Why indeed my friend? I am one of those CB members who sticks with the same device, rather than rolling the dice on something new and untested. To wit, it took me a few months to decide to get the Bold. I was overdue for a new phone, but I wanted to be sure it was right for me before I bought it.
    03-25-09 10:32 AM
    granted the pearl and the storm are totally different and this is a good thing, but its the new devices such as the bold, curve, 9630 which are in my opinion the same phone but slightly different
    03-25-09 10:49 AM
    Because "variety is the spice of life."

If you look at detailed specs you will see differences.

RIM has several goals to survive as a business, in brief, to maintain a strong customer base and to get new customers. There are others, but as it pertains to this topic...

They maintain their existing customer base by building on the product model they know is successful. They get new customers and sell new products to their existing customers by constantly improving on that model.
    03-25-09 11:02 AM
    The Bold Is My Favorite BlackBerry Device- I actually like the bigger size and the faux leather battery cover, it just feels more solid. I also love the keyboard, not to mention like you said the wifi and 3G...

But I also love my 8900 it's smaller and cuter and I can definitely understand why some people would prefer this device over the Bold- it's much smaller and lighter. Besides, if you don't have access to 3G why deal with a bulkier device?

The Storm eventually will be great, but I have that beast shelved until then.

Different People have different preferences-

And Different people have different carriers-

And Different Carriers Don't All Have The Same Offerings.

This is Why God Made Chocolate and Vanilla

LOL
    03-25-09 11:04 AM
    The Storm eventually will be great, but I have that beast shelved until then.
    You Sir, are an optimist--my counselor said should I hang out with more optimists. I told her that probably wouldn't help.
    03-25-09 11:07 AM
    You Sir, are an optimist--my counselor said should I hang out with more optimists. I told her that probably wouldn't help.
    Hahaha I try-

In my mind its still a BlackBerry, and eventually all the issues should be ironed out.

But until then I won't torture myself with its use.

It's put away- hopefully by the time all is good it won't have SO much dust under the screen that it'll be inoperable!

03-25-09 11:22 AM
    You, sir, are my favorite pessimist.
    03-25-09 11:32 AM
    RIM have a scam going thats called changing the outter shell and name, thus coxing mind numbingly stupid pple to buy devices by the hoards... I got to give it to them they know a good thing when they on it. Tired of reading reviews about new devices that do one thing less than the other can do. let the fools run and fill RIM's ex's bank accounts.
    03-25-09 11:37 AM
    Well the bold is a gsm phone, and will not work on cdma's networks. The 9630 is going to be on the cdma network, not U.S.'s gsm network. There are no cdma with wi-fi. I believe the reason for that is cdma's data network is much faster then gsm. And that doesn't even include the iden network. All of the phones are different, and are used for different purposes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 12:04 PM
    What all BBs share is the amazing push mail. In most cases you just have to give them your email address, username and password and the BB does the rest.
    03-25-09 12:14 PM
    Just buy all of them! It's healthy!
    03-25-09 12:25 PM
    Because "variety is the spice of life."

If you look at detailed specs you will see differences.

RIM has several goals to survive as a business, in brief, to maintain a strong customer base and to get new customers. There are others, but as it pertains to this topic...

They maintain their existing customer base by building on the product model they know is successful. They get new customers and sell new products to their existing customers by constantly improving on that model.
    Well said...
    03-25-09 12:26 PM
    Well said...
    Thank you!
    03-25-09 12:51 PM
    RIM have a scam going thats called changing the outter shell and name, thus coxing mind numbingly stupid pple to buy devices by the hoards... I got to give it to them they know a good thing when they on it. Tired of reading reviews about new devices that do one thing less than the other can do. let the fools run and fill RIM's ex's bank accounts.
    I wouldn't call it a scam. Isn't that really what all Mobile device makers do? How many Treo versions were there before they finally changed the body? And look at just regular cellphones. There were like 5 different Motorola RZR's, and Krzr's and whatever else, all on the market at the same time. At least RIM adds or changes features to fit their users.
    03-25-09 12:56 PM
    Just buy all of them! It's healthy!
    That will stimulate RIM's bottom line, but your pockets will be a bit empty after that.
    03-25-09 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD