Hi everyone. I got my blackberry torch an all black housing (including the slider part) and it looks awesome. But what's really annoying is the paint on the slider part has gotten a few small chips out of nowhere! I haven't dropped it or anything. Any ideas on what I can do here? I was thinking of getting touch up paint (in hopefully the same colour) and do that. Cuz I really don't wanna get another black bezel and change it again if the paint will chip just off again. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions please PM me. Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-11 03:35 PM
    If you place your phone in the same pocket as your keys or any other rough object or in an area with those items, they can rub against your phone and cause damage such as that. That is what happened with my Bold, the screen is scratched because one time i put it in the same pocket with my keys (I usually dont, and the one time I did it scratched, i was disappointed).

I am not sure if there is touch up paint for those items, so I cannot comment on that. But if there is I am sure it is bound to work instead of replacing the Bezel.

To protect your phone from damage like that, I recommend getting a Holster or Case for your phone.
    06-27-11 04:26 PM
    Thanks for the comment. I really do anything to keep my phone protected by the pouch, leather holster and sometimes a case. But with the bezel change I don't use a case to show the black bezel which is why I found it odd that the paint has been chipping so easily :s

06-27-11 05:40 PM
    Sometimes, the aftermarket housings aren't always of the best quality...which is unfortunate.
    06-27-11 05:48 PM
    Thanks for the comment. I really do anything to keep my phone protected by the pouch, leather holster and sometimes a case. But with the bezel change I don't use a case to show the black bezel which is why I found it odd that the paint has been chipping so easily :s

Where did you buy the housing from?
    06-27-11 05:53 PM
    I got it from some asian mall. What was even more annoying is that it was at a ridiculous cost and I noticed all the guy did was paint over my original bezel because I noticed the same mark on it. When I asked him for my original bezel the sneaky ******* said that he had to break it. F'in liar

06-29-11 09:08 AM
    I got it from some asian mall. What was even more annoying is that it was at a ridiculous cost and I noticed all the guy did was paint over my original bezel because I noticed the same mark on it. When I asked him for my original bezel the sneaky ******* said that he had to break it. F'in liar

Gotta know who you're dealing with before taking the plunge!
    06-29-11 09:13 AM
    He was dependable before. This time he tried to be sneaky and got caught. Think I'm goin to start learning to do it myself :/

06-29-11 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD